Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #46621
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Dare them... hell, with Williams and Gordon at RB, I see a whole lot of focus on those RBs and Williams is a nice receiving threat. Denver was the best rushing offense in the AFCW last year and with Williams going into Y2, he will be the focal point. They have the makings of a 2,400 yard rushing duo and that will go a long way to open things up for the passing game. And, it keeps the defense fresh.

They'll struggle at times, no doubt about it. But, there is a lot of upside in what that offense can produce. And, considering the teams they'll face, they will need that running game to set the tone to keep those prolific offenses on the sideline as long as they can.
Like I said...I'd make them prove I have to worry about play-action. I think your OL is below average.

Wilson stunk it up when teams starting giving him the 2 deep safety look...he's like 12-11 over his past 23 games. Mahomes has lost 9 games in his past 46 (two KC losses were by back-ups, one win)
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #46622
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
I just want to reiterate how strange it is the the Donks have to play Seattle in their first game.

Patton's entire credibility is on the line in week one. Normally...you wouldn't face the team you essentially banked the next 3-4 years on in a trade.

He HAS to be sweating bullets...and might be part of the reason for not letting the starters play. That's a lot of pressure on everyone within the organization...

If Seattle wins with Geno Smith...and Wilson looks out of sync....hoo-boy. The national/local press will have some fun.
There's no doubt that a loss @ SEA would look bad, especially if it's ugly.

It's a strange opener considering the 2021 records. I think Denver wins 34 - 27.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:11 AM   #46623
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:

It's a strange opener considering the 2021 records. I think Denver wins 34 - 27.
I think Seattle wins 63-2.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:14 AM   #46624
MVP

Quote:

I fully expect officiating to be a factor...Donks are the NFL media's chosen Cinderella team. They put them on Monday night to start the season...cant make Walton unhappy with his generous investment. He has friends to impress with his new toy...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:14 AM   #46625
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
I think Seattle wins 63-2.
Now that would truly be a remarkable pile of dung.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:15 AM   #46626
#triggering

Quote:
I fully expect officiating to be a factor...Donks are the NFL media's chosen Cinderella team. They put them on Monday night to start the season...cant make Walton unhappy with his generous investment. He has friends to impress with his new toy...
Well, there's a positive! Yes.

I don't think Denver will need officiating assistance. I'm curious how calls go across the league, there's a lot of bad officiating across the board.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:15 AM   #46627
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Now that would truly be a remarkable pile of dung.
A BEAUTIFUL one!
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 08-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #46628
MVP

Quote:
Well, there's a positive! Yes.

I don't think Denver will need officiating assistance. I'm curious how calls go across the league, there's a lot of bad officiating across the board.
You did notice that on Sunday, the Donks first two drives were bailed out on PI/Illegal contact...no? They were both 3rd and 11 plays.

The PI was bogus...looked like great coverage to me.

Like I said..I'll be keeping track of these calls...and if they were legitimate.

Oh and of course you'll be ecstatic if the Donks win with bogus officiating...you've missed the Manning years. It's an integral part of your team's culture/success.

It's like a warm, familiar blanket...

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-23-2022 at 11:25 AM..
Old 08-23-2022, 11:20 AM   #46629
#triggering

Quote:
You did notice that on Sunday, the Donks first two drives were bailed out on PI/Illegal contact...no? They were both 3rd and 11 plays.

The PI was bogus...looked like great coverage to me.

Like I said..I'll be keeping track of these calls...and if they were legitimate.
Are you referring to the last preseason game? I didn't watch it.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:25 AM   #46630
MVP

Quote:
Are you referring to the last preseason game? I didn't watch it.
If you did...you wouldn't admit it...it's the Donk fan way.

In fairness...I wouldn't admit it either. That was a fugly display of ineptness...
Old 08-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #46631
#triggering

Quote:
If you did...you wouldn't admit it...it's the Donk fan way.

In fairness...I wouldn't admit it either. That was a fugly display of ineptness...
As I've said a few times, I don't watch preseason games. Before I was married with kids, yeah I watched all the stuff - draft and pro bowls included. I don't have the time to set aside 3 hours to watch backups, especially on a weekend.

If I'm doing nothing and it's on, I might watch some, but that hasn't happened in a while. I was moving my oldest two into their dorms the last two weekends anyway.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:42 AM   #46632
MVP

The whole drum up to that opening Monday night will be "what will the Denver's offense look like".

I have a hard time believing NFL corporate will let them lose...it has all the earmarks of manufactured season. The only question is if they really are terrible...whats lengths are they willing to go to. Raiders had eight 4th quarter comebacks in their 12-4 season...so in 2/3rds of their wins...they were trailing towards the end.

Every measurable metric said they were a 8-9 win team...
Old 08-23-2022, 12:10 PM   #46633
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Weird, it seems like you would have heard that the Broncos traded for Wilson.

"Far and away the best deep passer has been Russell Wilson."

https://bestballstats.com/2021/08/25...-deep-passers/
Nice find from some random blogger. As you know, though, opinions vary:

StatMuse:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mos...deep-ball-2021

NFL Next Generation Stats:

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-st...or-new-teams-i

PFF:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...s-kyler-murray

Apparently not everyone is in agreement with yours and KnowMo's claim. We'll see how the 'best deep ball passer in the league' does without Metcalf and Lockett to throw to down the field . . . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:34 PM   #46634
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
Nice find from some random blogger. As you know, though, opinions vary:

StatMuse:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mos...deep-ball-2021

NFL Next Generation Stats:

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-st...or-new-teams-i

PFF:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...s-kyler-murray

Apparently not everyone is in agreement with yours and KnowMo's claim. We'll see how the 'best deep ball passer in the league' does without Metcalf and Lockett to throw to down the field . . . . . .
The main difference between what I linked and what you did is that my source used 5 years of stats from 2016-2020. All 3 of yours only referenced 2021.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:48 PM   #46635
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
The main difference between what I linked and what you did is that my source used 5 years of stats from 2016-2020. All 3 of yours only referenced 2021.
Is there a reason you failed to include 2021, being as it is the most recent season and the most relevant data point?

Why should anyone care what kind of deep passer DangeRuss was in 2016? Or 2017? Or 2020 for that matter? How is that relevant to today?

As many have pointed out in this very thread, DangeRuss isn't the young spry chicken he once was and has lost some of his athleticism and mobility. (As all QB's do when they age)

I'm more interested in what kind of passer he is NOW and how that compares to other deep ball passers in the NFL right NOW. But I get you guys don't want to do that.

So if all you Donko fans want to keep pretending 2022 Russ is the same guy as 2016 Russ or 2017 Russ, etc. etc., by all means, don't let me rain on your parade.

I'm sure he hasn't lost a step or any arm strength at all . . . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote