Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:45 PM   #4621
Kind of a mod

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:59 PM   #4622
Kind of a mod

Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 PM   #4623
MVP

I would like to have heard more from/about Chris in the series.

https://old.reddit.com/r/SpaceXLoung...f_todays_crew/

Quote:
This comes from @NexGenSpace , but his tweet thread isn't properly formatted , so can't link directly Here is a secret about Chris Sembroski, one of the Inspiration 4 crew. What most people don't know is that Chris earned his way to space. Or how. Chris Sembroski was one of about 50 private U.S. citizens who participated in the 1998 "March Storm" citizens space lobbying event. The #1 agenda item of the 1998 March Storm was passing the Commercial Space Act of 1998 (CSA98)...

Last edited by unlurking; 09-15-2021 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: wall o text
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:31 PM   #4624
Kind of a mod

Old 09-15-2021, 10:35 PM   #4625
Ain't no relax!

That glass dome is actually the Dragon toilet. ...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #4626
Ain't no relax!

AKA, the crapola...

https://www.space.com/inspiration4-s...et-dome-window
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #4627
Kind of a mod

I have to admit that the (lack of) coverage of Inspiration 4 in the past 12 hours has been a bit odd. There was SO MUCH hype leading up to the launch, and then the webcast ended and we've had nothing but a shot of the cupola.

I'm sure everything is fine, but I was kind of expecting to see video of them all having a great time. Some hypothesize on reddit that some of them might be puking their brains out, but still, an update would be nice.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:58 AM   #4628
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I have to admit that the (lack of) coverage of Inspiration 4 in the past 12 hours has been a bit odd. There was SO MUCH hype leading up to the launch, and then the webcast ended and we've had nothing but a shot of the cupola.

I'm sure everything is fine, but I was kind of expecting to see video of them all having a great time. Some hypothesize on reddit that some of them might be puking their brains out, but still, an update would be nice.
I assumed most of the video was going to be locked down for the docuseries. I was hoping to at least get some coverage on Netflix's YouTube channel though.

I do find it odd that some time last night they increased their orbit by 10KM. As of about 10PM they were at the 575KM stated in all the mission specs, this morning they were at 585KM.

https://www.spacex.com/dragon-tracker/index.html
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #4629
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
I assumed most of the video was going to be locked down for the docuseries. I was hoping to at least get some coverage on Netflix's YouTube channel though.

I do find it odd that some time last night they increased their orbit by 10KM. As of about 10PM they were at the 575KM stated in all the mission specs, this morning they were at 585KM.

https://www.spacex.com/dragon-tracker/index.html
I can understand the lack of video if Netflix has it locked down. What I'm surprised by is a lack of tweets that just say "They're having a great time! Here's the schedule of when you can expect to hear from them."
Old 09-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #4630
MVP

Good point. Excellent opportunity for more fundraising.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #4631
MVP

I do love the excitement though. Screengrab from launch (stolen from /r)...

https://old.reddit.com/r/SpaceXLoung...isplay_of_joy/
Old 09-16-2021, 09:28 AM   #4632
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
I do love the excitement though. Screengrab from launch (stolen from /r)...

https://old.reddit.com/r/SpaceXLoung...isplay_of_joy/
Based on the Netflix show, Haley has an...odd...love of pulling G's.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #4633
Kind of a mod

A little odd to me to think they wouldn't have looked out already, but OK. At least we finally got an "all is well" confirmation.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:15 PM   #4634
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:

A little odd to me to think they wouldn't have looked out already, but OK. At least we finally got an "all is well" confirmation.
That is good news. I'm glad that none of them did a Borman.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:20 PM   #4635
The Seated Villain

Quote:

If cupola = toilet, does this mean that none of them were able to relieve themselves from 2 hours before launch until later today?
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.