Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM  
Supporter

***The Official MMA Thread***

Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:28 AM   #4606
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Reading back through these posts, DC is very underrated here. Someone even mentioned that they weren't sure if he had anything for the top level LHW's.....really? This is a dude that has lost exactly ONE fight, to Jon Jones. Prior to that, he was undefeated, including fighting undersized at heavyweight against guys like Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva. Not to mention absolutely manhandling Dan Henderson on the ground their entire fight. The dude is legit.
Warmest Regards Timbone,

I was the person who made that comment so I'll respond. First, I'll admit to an irrational hatred of "wrastlers". This is not their fault but a failure in the current scoring system that allows singularly skilled guys in this one ability to win consistently over more skilled MMA combatants.

I hate that GSP, who was a very exciting fighter at one point, realized he was better off wrastle****ing people for the rest of his career after taking a loss.

DC seems nice /SR
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:32 AM   #4607
Just here for the Royals

I put 50 on Daniel Cormier and have happily received 105 dollars in my bank account this morning. Not trying to be a hipster, but he's better than Jones. Their fight last year was bad planning by Cormier and an underwhelming 5 round performance by Jones.

Here's to hoping Jonny Bones Nose can avoid further felony hit and runs with pregnant women so his groupies will shut the hell up about him being invincible. Cormier wins next time, cementing himself as the best 205 pound fighter in the world.

Oh, and Donald Cerrone>>>>>>
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #4608

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Warmest Regards Timbone,

I was the person who made that comment so I'll respond. First, I'll admit to an irrational hatred of "wrastlers". This is not their fault but a failure in the current scoring system that allows singularly skilled guys in this one ability to win consistently over more skilled MMA combatants.

I hate that GSP, who was a very exciting fighter at one point, realized he was better off wrastle****ing people for the rest of his career after taking a loss.

DC seems nice /SR
I do not like wrestlers who just lay on someone and throw token strikes to stay "busy", but DC was not that last night. He was always actively looking for a submission, and almost had Rumble's arm a couple times in the first round, and got the submission in round 3. It never got close to a decision.

Last edited by alnorth; 05-24-2015 at 10:19 AM..
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #4609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
I put 50 on Daniel Cormier and have happily received 105 dollars in my bank account this morning.
I feel the same way about the entertainment value I got for my PPV dollar. If I knew in advance it would be that kind of night, I would have paid $100 for that.
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #4610
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
I feel the same way about the entertainment value I got for my PPV dollar. If I knew in advance it would be that kind of night, I would have paid $100 for that.
Yeah. AA/Browne, Cerrone, and Weidman/Vitor were all very exciting. A DC grinder outer was just let down excitement wise following those 3 fights.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #4611

I just hope they dont try to make DC/Bader a PPV headliner if they go that route.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #4612

Apparently Cowboy had broken ribs going into the fight
Old 05-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #4613
Caralho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
And since when is douchiness factored into the ability to fight. Guys in here were pretty much writing him off and assuming that he (an olympic level wrestler) would have trouble tonight handling a guy that is notorious for being handled by wrestlers. Rumble was wrestle****ed by Josh Koscheck for crying out loud.
Kos is pretty good at wrestling. He was much better before he destroyed his neck in college but there isn't any shame in getting wrestle****ed by Kos back in 2009.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #4614
Caralho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Right. Not sure what the UFC could have done but Im sure they were pulling for Rumble as to not have the cloud you speak of hovering. At least Rumble hadnt been pounded by JJ so they could sale that.
They should give Rumble a "gimme" fight, then set up Rumble vs. Gus.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #4615
The Collective Unconscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
I put 50 on Daniel Cormier and have happily received 105 dollars in my bank account this morning. Not trying to be a hipster, but he's better than Jones. Their fight last year was bad planning by Cormier and an underwhelming 5 round performance by Jones.

Here's to hoping Jonny Bones Nose can avoid further felony hit and runs with pregnant women so his groupies will shut the hell up about him being invincible. Cormier wins next time, cementing himself as the best 205 pound fighter in the world.

Oh, and Donald Cerrone>>>>>>
He's NOT better than Jones. His strength was supposed to be wrestling and Jones even out wrestled him. Dislike Jones all you want and call him all then names that you want, but he's the best Light Heavyweight in the world and it's not even close.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #4616
The Collective Unconscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
They should give Rumble a "gimme" fight, then set up Rumble vs. Gus.
Again? Rumble nearly MURDERED Gus in his homeland.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #4617
Caralho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58-4ever View Post
Again? Rumble nearly MURDERED Gus in his homeland.
I just can't think of who else is close at 205 to competing for the title.

Maybe Vitor or Lyoto bump back up but I'm struggling to think of quality matchups at 205. There's Bader (who isn't going to have a good fight with Rumble), Texeira (which could have 1st round fireworks but probably won't be a great fight) and then Gus.

So, Anthony gets one win against one of those 3 that could potentially fight for the title (knocking them back 2 fights to challenge) then rematches DC (assuming Jones isn't back then)? IMO, it'd be better off to pair Rumble and those 3 mentioned with 8-15th ranked guys, and see what happens. It sucks that LHW is so shallow when it's been a good/great division for so long.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #4618

Quote:
I just can't think of who else is close at 205 to competing for the title.

Maybe Vitor or Lyoto bump back up but I'm struggling to think of quality matchups at 205. There's Bader (who isn't going to have a good fight with Rumble), Texeira (which could have 1st round fireworks but probably won't be a great fight) and then Gus.

So, Anthony gets one win against one of those 3 that could potentially fight for the title (knocking them back 2 fights to challenge) then rematches DC (assuming Jones isn't back then)? IMO, it'd be better off to pair Rumble and those 3 mentioned with 8-15th ranked guys, and see what happens. It sucks that LHW is so shallow when it's been a good/great division for so long.
It pretty much was the main division for many years. JJ cleaned it out and there isnt much coming up that ive seen. It might now be the weakest division in the UFC
Old 05-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #4619
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Kos is pretty good at wrestling. He was much better before he destroyed his neck in college but there isn't any shame in getting wrestle****ed by Kos back in 2009.
Yeah, I wasn't knocking Kos's wrestling at all. His wrestling is great. I was just pointing out that Rumble has been handled by wrestlers much smaller than Cormier. And while I understand Rumble is bigger now that he's not damn near killing himself to cut to WW, there was little reason to believe that a bigger wrestler like Cormier wouldn't have success against him as well.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #4620
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Warmest Regards Timbone,

DC seems nice /SR
Yeah, I'm with you. While I don't consider GSP to be the traditional definition of lay and pray (I think Jon Fitch is a better example), I did get frustrated watching a lot of his fights. He attempted to pass guards, and he attenpyed subs when in control, he just made sure doing so wasn't going to cost him losing control of his position. It turned him from an exciting fighter into a very safe grinder. Successful, but frustrating to watch. I ended up watching his fights and rooting for his opponent out of frustration.

My only problem with peoples comments in this thread regarding Cormier is that folks were letting their personal feelings dictate their predictions and fighter analysis. That's all.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.