Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #436
Needs more middle fingers

Im starting to warm up to this Julio Jones thing. The biggest hurdle seems to be the money.

But what IF the Chiefs negotiate a deal to where the Falcons are still on the hook for $5Mill of that contract, dropping our cap hit to $10M

We know Veach was willing to take a 1yr, $10M flyer on Schuster.

Julio Jones DOES fit the exact ideal mold for what we're looking for in that 2nd receiver spot.

We DO have a need there.

And his injuries last season weren't the type that linger into the following season.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #437

I can hear Veach right now, "Anytime you have an opportunity to trade for a Julio Jones you do it. He's a special player and we're thrilled to add him to our roster".
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #438
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I can hear Veach right now, "Anytime you have an opportunity to trade for a Julio Jones you do it. He's a special player and we're thrilled to add him to our roster".
1 year at $10 million? That's a no-brainer.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #439
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
1 year at $10 million? That's a no-brainer.
Other than our lack of cap space and glaring hole at DE2.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:34 AM   #440
Veteran

Quote:
Im starting to warm up to this Julio Jones thing. The biggest hurdle seems to be the money.

But what IF the Chiefs negotiate a deal to where the Falcons are still on the hook for $5Mill of that contract, dropping our cap hit to $10M

We know Veach was willing to take a 1yr, $10M flyer on Schuster.

Julio Jones DOES fit the exact ideal mold for what we're looking for in that 2nd receiver spot.

We DO have a need there.

And his injuries last season weren't the type that linger into the following season.
Knew you'd come around! That is where I am at as well.

There are similarities there to us going after Trent Williams in free agency. Of course you'd prefer to go the free agent route and not have to use draft capital to address that left tackle position; however, plan A fell through. That doesn't mean Veach/Reid are going to sit on their hands for a position they clearly felt was a major need. In comes plan B using draft capital to trade for Orlando Brown Jr.

Parallel there to Trent Willians is Veach willing to spend $10 mil on JuJu. Clearly Veach and Reid think an upgrade is needed in the wide receiver room similar to left tackle. Plan A fell through in acquiring JuJu through free agency. Id personally think we'd be major players going after Julio similar to Orlando Brown Jr. Time will tell.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Other than our lack of cap space and glaring hole at DE2.
WTH else are we gonna spend that cap space on? The only DE left out there that could cost anything worth mentioning is Ingram.

Veach was already prepared to pay that $10M to Schuster.

I have to think Veach is seriously contemplating this.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #442

In Jones' injured, non-effective 2020 season he had 51 catches for almost 800 Yards.

That's better than anything Sammy Watkins ever gave us in the 3 years he was here.

I don't know if they'll land Julio, or if ATL will settle for a deal in which they still pay a portion of his salary (My guess is they will as they desperately need money off the books) but i bet Veach's gears are turning trying to see if he can make it work.

If they don't land Jones, w/e, no big deal. I think Hardman can fill in @ #2 just fine. But if they can add Jones and old-man babysit him like Reid has been known to do....o'buddy it's on.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:50 AM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Knew you'd come around! That is where I am at as well.

There are similarities there to us going after Trent Williams in free agency. Of course you'd prefer to go the free agent route and not have to use draft capital to address that left tackle position; however, plan A fell through. That doesn't mean Veach/Reid are going to sit on their hands for a position they clearly felt was a major need. In comes plan B using draft capital to trade for Orlando Brown Jr.

Parallel there to Trent Willians is Veach willing to spend $10 mil on JuJu. Clearly Veach and Reid think an upgrade is needed in the wide receiver room similar to left tackle. Plan A fell through in acquiring JuJu through free agency. Id personally think we'd be major players going after Julio similar to Orlando Brown Jr. Time will tell.
I agree. I think Veach is a big play guy. The other day a poster said, "no one can predict what Veach will do!"

My response, and i really believe this, was something like, "Look at the best 3 players available and assume Veach is working on it".

There isn't a better player available since the early days of F/A (that the Chiefs had a realistic shot at) than Julio Jones
Old 05-21-2021, 10:55 AM   #444
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

DO IT VEACH!!. Fellas this kind of move is pretty much like KD to the warriors after they lost the finals to Lebron. It would devestate the league and this offense would be the greatest thing the NFL has ever seen...period. Too many people can't fathom the fact that we have a goat player in Pat and we cannot afford to waste these opportunities...let's fecking GO!!.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:56 AM   #445
Veteran

A+ leader, A+ locker room guy, A+ in the community. The guy wont freak out if he isn't getting the lion's share of the targets. He wants to WIN! Do your research on his health if it checks out go freaking get him!

If you are ever going to take a "gamble" why not gamble on a guy with impeccable character traits who is a top 5 WR in the history of the game and likely still has a few high level years left.

Last edited by ForeverIowan; 05-21-2021 at 11:01 AM..
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:58 AM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It'd make the offense unstoppable, but is it worth allocating the money and picks for it.
Jones won't fetch higher than a 2nd. Im skeptical he fetches higher than a 3rd. I have to think that if someone was willing to offer a 2nd he'd have been traded by now.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #447
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Jones won't fetch higher than a 2nd. Im skeptical he fetches higher than a 3rd. I have to think that if someone was willing to offer a 2nd he'd have been traded by now.
If we could get him with a third that would be epic because we may get a third comp pick next year if EB or one of the front office guys get taken in the off season.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #448
Banned

Quote:
They can't do anything till after June 1st bro. It's been referenced numerous times. Cap issues with his deal.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #449
Veteran

Go out and get him, It seems our OL is just fine and Jones would open hill up soo much.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #450
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
A+ leader, A+ locker room guy, A+ in the community. The guy wont freak out if he isn't getting the lion's share of the targets. He wants to WIN! Do your research on his health if it checks out go freaking get him!

If you are ever going to take a "gamble" why not gamble on a guy with impeccable character traits who is a top 5 WR in the history of the game and likely still has a few high level years left.
Yeah, hell, the less targets and receptions will likely help him a lot as far as injuries go. He'd get hit and tackled a **** of a lot less and that will go a long way into keeping him healthy.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.