Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2024, 10:48 PM  
Veteran

Cat won’t stop peeing on the carpets what do I do?

So I’ve had this cat for approximately 14 years, and in those 14 years she has been known to shit and piss in the house. I got her when I was 17, I’m 31 now.

A little back story to her is that she never had an issue at my parents house until an additional 2 cats were introduced to the house, then it started. For years she would do this and it never really became a thing since my parents house never smelt the best in the first place you didn’t know if it was cat piss or a piece of meat from 2 nights prior.

Fast forward a bit and me and my family move into an apartment and we adopt a litter box method for her and it’s golden pastures, that is until we find a little 7 month old kitten practically left for dead on the street and we took her home. At the apartment I’m not sure if she was pissing in places that I just never noticed since we left soon after and to her credit, she will always shit in the litter box, but now we have moved to a brand new home and this is where things have become more of an issue.

After moving into our home, we have 2 cat boxes upstairs, and 2 downstairs. One day my wife mentions to me just how awful the bathroom is smelling of cat odor, and low and behold, I find my 14 year old cat pissing on the floor towel of the guest bathroom with the litter box not even a foot away from her sparkling clean. Needless to say we no longer have floor mats in that bathroom. Fast forward to today and she is pissing right outside the litter box, pissing on my area rugs whether that be in my garage or my guest room, but who the **** does this cat think she is as if she’s been mistreated in any way. She’s allowed outside and she never jumps the fence (while at this point I wish she would and to never return.) she seems overall happy but just seems pissed when it’s not JUST her in the house for whatever reason (pet wise).

Anyways I’m wondering what my options are here and what others have done in similar situations. I’m planning a vet appointment for Friday, and I’m hoping they say this little bitch has a terminal illness or something that is making her act this way so I can request she be put down. Think I’m just over this cat.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-29-2024, 07:11 AM   #31
It was not a fair catch

Put a Denver logo on the floor where it is happening. That will solve all the problems.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:13 AM   #32
El Gato Gordo Loco

I spent 8 or 9k on my last cat McLovin. He started to have some litter box issues at the end of life. He started to lose some weight. They were able to do some things to extend his life another year. We didn't have him put down until the vet said he was suffering. Don't regret it at all. Got more time with him. He was my little guy.

I don't expect everyone to do that or spend that amount of money but I made a commitment to him when I got him as a kitten.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:25 AM   #33
best in the biz

get rid of the cat.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:34 AM   #34
Former Illinoisian

UTI
Urinary tract infection causes this type of action.
Could be.
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:42 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I spent 8 or 9k on my last cat McLovin. He started to have some litter box issues at the end of life. He started to lose some weight. They were able to do some things to extend his life another year. We didn't have him put down until the vet said he was suffering. Don't regret it at all. Got more time with him. He was my little guy.

I don't expect everyone to do that or spend that amount of money but I made a commitment to him when I got him as a kitten.
How old was your car when he had to be put down BWillie?
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:48 AM   #36
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Put a Denver logo on the floor where it is happening. That will solve all the problems.
Won't it make it worse???
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:51 AM   #37
MVP

The skinned carcass of a cat looks just like a rabbit once you remove the tail. Don't let your frustrations go to waste. Nearly everything tastes good fried.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:02 AM   #38
In Search of a Life

When our older cat got crystals or something in his bladder, he started peeing in the house.

We used tinfoil (also up the wall) to save the corner and carpet as best we could until the medicine kicked in.

Also, we were never allowed a rug until the cat passed away. We had that issue too.
Loneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:05 AM   #39
Kind of a mod

The vet appointment is key. Often these kinds of problems are driven by health concerns, such as UTIs or even kidney disease.

Aside from that, figuring this out can be a painful exercise in troubleshooting. Make sure you're cleaning the spots where she's peed before, as that's an indicator that it's a good spot to use. Use an enzymatic cleaner specifically designed for cat pee like Nature's Miracle.

Make sure the walls of the litter boxes aren't too high - older cats sometimes develop arthritis and have trouble getting over the edges. You can experiment with different types of litter, though that's unlikely to be the issue if you otherwise haven't changed anything. Make sure that she's not being harrassed by other cats.

But again, a vet is the way to go for this. They can give you more directed guidance.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:08 AM   #40
New and Improved

You can purchase or make a tool specifically for this problem with pets.

Just google 'apult' or in your instance google 'catapult'.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 08:10 AM   #41
What's up braj?

Pry open its balloon knot with your dick to teach it a lesson
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:17 AM   #42
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Old cats pissing all over the house is their way of telling you it's time to put them down.

Seriously, once they start doing it they won't stop. You got 14 good years out of the cat. Take her in, have her put down, raise a glass in her honor, and move on.

The biggest problem with pets is, if everything works our correctly you will outlive them. So you have to make this kind of choice multiple times if you own multiple pets. Wife and I just put down our cat who was 17 years old and just in terrible health. We have a cat and a dog left...and when they're gone I'd like to call it quits on animals. They take their toll after awhile.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:25 AM   #43
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
How old was your car when he had to be put down BWillie?
14 and a half
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 08:31 AM   #44
Politically Incorrect

NFL season can't arrive fast enough.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:03 AM   #45
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Have you tried urinating on the cat to assert your dominance and bring balance to the household hierarchy?
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote