Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2024, 02:17 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Have you ever had a life wake-up call?

The Rashee Rice thread makes me wonder how often people might have a "wake-up call" to change a behavior. And then I wonder if it's ever permanent.

So...in thinking about things that you might have done that were risky in a bad way, did you ever have a wake-up call that made you permanently change a behavior? If so, what happened and what behavior did it change? And was it a permanent change?

Similarly, have you ever had a temporary wake-up call on something, but then slipped back into the bad habit?

This can be any bad behavior. Maybe it's drugs or alcohol or eatting fatty foods or not wearing a seat belt or engaging in unsafe sex with third-world bargirls or robbing convenience stores or kidnapping hitchhikers or hitchhiking or starting fires by spitting gasoline out of your mouth or doing tightrope walks over deep canyons. Use your imagination.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:34 PM   #31
Politically Incorrect

I should be dead.

Massive DVT blood clot in my left leg in Oct 2019 that ran from my ankle to halfway in my thigh along with 4 pulmonary embolisms.

The clot was about 10 days old before I went to the ER and I could barely walk. It was a whisker away from completely closing off and stopping blood flow to my heart and killing me instantly.

I spent 5 days in ICU as they performed a thrombectomy with TPH clot busting drug that turned my blood to water. They had nurses monitoring me 24 hours to make sure I didn't bleed out.

They did genetic testing and screened me for cancer as to the root cause but they have no idea why I developed the clot.

Today I wear compression socks, don't fly over 6 hours straight, move around often and continue to work to turn my health around. On 5mg of blood thinner Eliquis twice a day for the rest of my life.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:42 PM   #32
Thread I will end you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The Rashee Rice thread makes me wonder how often people might have a "wake-up call" to change a behavior. And then I wonder if it's ever permanent.

So...in thinking about things that you might have done that were risky in a bad way, did you ever have a wake-up call that made you permanently change a behavior? If so, what happened and what behavior did it change? And was it a permanent change?

Similarly, have you ever had a temporary wake-up call on something, but then slipped back into the bad habit?

This can be any bad behavior. Maybe it's drugs or alcohol or eatting fatty foods or not wearing a seat belt or engaging in unsafe sex with third-world bargirls or robbing convenience stores or kidnapping hitchhikers or hitchhiking or starting fires by spitting gasoline out of your mouth or doing tightrope walks over deep canyons. Use your imagination.
I did have a wake up call when was 22... permanent change...
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:59 PM   #33
Fish are scared of me

My daughter actually had an assignment last week with a similar question about if there was any event that changed your behavior as a family.

So, when I was about 8 years old my mother had set the dryer to run at night and went to bed. Well, it caught fire. It was at the other end of the house but it filled the house up with smoke while we all were asleep. My dad awoke and got us all out, each bedroom was luckily equipped with big sliding door windows you could just open and walk out of.

The fireman told us the smoke level was within 7 inches of our nose while we were asleep and only a few more minutes would have been death.

SO, we NEVER start our laundry dryer at night. Laundry has to stay in the washer or be completely done when we turn in. Also I keep a spare set of truck keys at my bedside.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:01 PM   #34
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I should be dead.

Massive DVT blood clot in my left leg in Oct 2019 that ran from my ankle to halfway in my thigh along with 4 pulmonary embolisms.

The clot was about 10 days old before I went to the ER and I could barely walk. It was a whisker away from completely closing off and stopping blood flow to my heart and killing me instantly.

I spent 5 days in ICU as they performed a thrombectomy with TPH clot busting drug that turned my blood to water. They had nurses monitoring me 24 hours to make sure I didn't bleed out.

They did genetic testing and screened me for cancer as to the root cause but they have no idea why I developed the clot.

Today I wear compression socks, don't fly over 6 hours straight, move around often and continue to work to turn my health around. On 5mg of blood thinner Eliquis twice a day for the rest of my life.
A good friend of mine died with that about 3 years ago. Good for you on catching it in time.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:05 PM   #35
Baba Ganoush

Took my gun to a bar because I knew there would be some dudes there I didn’t like.

Long story short, my friends and their friends all got into it. Two of them started walking towards me, I opened my truck door to get my gun. I pointed a loaded .45 at one of the guys, but held back.

We didn’t like each other because we got into a fight at a party.

Very pathetic, could have been very bad.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:10 PM   #36
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Took my gun to a bar because I knew there would be some dudes there I didn’t like.

Long story short, my friends and their friends all got into it. Two of them started walking towards me, I opened my truck door to get my gun. I pointed a loaded .45 at one of the guys, but held back.

We didn’t like each other because we got into a fight at a party.

Very pathetic, could have been very bad.
You ever learn anything about smoking meats?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:16 PM   #37
Supporter

Searching for my first post.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:19 PM   #38
Has a particular set of skills

As I said in the retirement thread, most thought I’d be dead by 25.

At 25, I’m in Jerusalem in the old city. The Arab part of the old city. The Israelis patrolled the area to make sure the tourists didn’t go into the Arab quarter. I wanted to go in there. Went to the top of David’s tower and figured out a path through the Israeli soldiers.

It worked I’m in taking some pictures. I see a real old man leading a donkey through some of the old arches and took the pic. He was pissed. Starting yelling at me flying his arms about etc. a group of young men were suddenly by me. I’m saying all I did was take his picture. They said something to the effect the old man wants $100. I told them to **** off turned to leave and got busted in the head with something and the fights on.

I took out 2-3 before they got me on the ground kicking the shit out of me. I was thinking laying on the ground getting the shit kicked out of me that this was a stupid way to die. About that time the Israeli patrol had heard the commotion and came to investigate. The attackers scattered and the Israelis got me off the ground and outta the Arab quarter.

Didn’t get into any trouble because I got my ass kicked I'd probably not do that again. Went to the hospital and I had a preferatted stomach, burnished kidneys and a concussion.

Within a month I was back in the states. Decided I wanted to live, have a family, fall in love and raise the kids.

33 years later I’m still madly in love with my wife. Son is in NYC pursing his dreams. And now, I’m retired comfortable enough. Wife retires in 3 weeks. Time to show her the world as just a regular tourist doing tourist things.

And yes, I still have that picture of the old man in Jerusalem.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:25 PM   #39
Sometimes it's black and white

When people wonder:

How can a pro athlete risk his million dollar career engaging in stupid X behavior...

Meh, what's 50 million here or there.

Almost killing myself in what most would probably consider a stupid recreation didn't get me to change my behavior.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:31 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Did anything in particular happen to get you past the tipping point? Or was it just an accumulation of straws on your camel's back?
I mean there was an accumulation of things but not one specific trigger. Literally just woke up one day and said I never was going back and I didn't.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:33 PM   #41
El Gato Gordo Loco

After the 9th DUI I finally stopped drinking and driving. Started drinking before I drive.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:41 PM   #42
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Stopped doing drugs after I posted a thread on CP saying I needed money because I ran out of gas at the beach
That was the most obvious con ever. Felt bad for the guy that sent him money. Twas a better person than I.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:43 PM   #43
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
That was the most obvious con ever. Felt bad for the guy that sent him money. Twas a better person than I.
Believe it was eDave that sent him the money, so don't feel too bad for him.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:02 PM   #44
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
My daughter actually had an assignment last week with a similar question about if there was any event that changed your behavior as a family.

So, when I was about 8 years old my mother had set the dryer to run at night and went to bed. Well, it caught fire. It was at the other end of the house but it filled the house up with smoke while we all were asleep. My dad awoke and got us all out, each bedroom was luckily equipped with big sliding door windows you could just open and walk out of.

The fireman told us the smoke level was within 7 inches of our nose while we were asleep and only a few more minutes would have been death.

SO, we NEVER start our laundry dryer at night. Laundry has to stay in the washer or be completely done when we turn in. Also I keep a spare set of truck keys at my bedside.
My wife rolls her eyes sometimes at my refusal to turn on appliances when we're leaving to go somewhere. But when I was 12 or 13, a seal in the family dishwasher broke and dumped a bunch of water onto the motor. It didn't actually start a fire, but there was a lot of smoke and bad noise. I don't know what would have happened if we weren't home, but I don't want to ever find out.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:03 PM   #45
Veteran

When I was young I did stupid stuff to entertain people. I tried a 2 1/2 flip from about 25 feet up in a tree into a rock quarry and cracked my skull on impact.
What’s worse I had a sinus infection at the time which entered my brain.

Long story short I decided those ungrateful bastards could entertain themselves from then on
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.