Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2024, 11:36 AM  
MVP

Barnwell picks KC to win the Super Bowl

NFL playoff bracket predictions: Scores, Super Bowl pick

Bill Barnwell, ESPN Staff Writer
Jan 11, 2024, 06:35 AM ET

I'm doing something here that never, ever works, and that is predicting what will happen in the NFL playoff bracket by running through the entire thing. Yes: I'm picking winners for the six wild-card games, the four subsequent divisional-round contests, the two conference championships and then Super Bowl LVIII. That's 13 game previews, seven of which are for games that might never actually occur.

Will this be the actual bracket? No. Do not waste your time getting mad. If we treat my chances of getting each game right as a coin flip, the odds of me making 13 correct picks are 8,192-to-1. And if I get even one wrong in the early rounds, the seedings are thrown off, which would ruin the entire bracket I've predicted.

Instead, I hope you'll treat this as a thoughtful look into what might transpire if and when these teams do match up in the playoffs. I've done my best to break down how each team lines up against one another, what might represent obvious points of strength and weakness and what history tells us about their chances, including one matchup that just about everyone would expect to be a blowout.

I'll be up front: I made a preseason prediction on a Super Bowl matchup, and as I'm lucky enough to have both of those teams in relatively strong positions as we begin the postseason, I'm sticking with that prediction here. First, let's make it through the wild-card round before getting deeper into the postseason:

Spoiler!
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:37 PM   #31
Thank you

I LIKE KC CHIEFS!!!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:39 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur View Post
All boils down to how this team does on offense.

If the offense still looks disjointed, Mahomes looks lost after his initial read, and the ****ing receivers keep dropping the goddamn ball, its going to be some bullshit 19-16 final in favor of the opponent where we just think "what could've been....?".

I really wish that the running game would just take center stage to burn clock and keep things simple. Our wide receivers are just THAT bad.

I'm confident the defense will be able to keep the opponent's at bay and near 20 points.

I know this wide receiver group is going to get re-worked in the offseason, regardless if we win the Super Bowl or lose on Saturday. Every other team is ****ed going forward if we manage to win another championship given all our weaknesses.
Without a good run game, I can't see this offense succeeding. Teams will continue to bracket Kelce and play man coverage on everyone else. A team with an elite CB like Miami should be able to limit Rice. That means the other WRs have to get open, which they haven't shown the ability to do. The roster isn't going to improve this year. Their only hope is to run the ball well, Mahomes using his legs, and to limit the dumb penalties and turnovers.

If they get away from the run and have to throw every down, it's going to be ugly.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:44 PM   #33
Forever Royal

The reality is we can win the Super Bowl and would be a coin flip or better in any game in which the offense doesn’t actively torpedo the whole game. Mistakes here and there are one thing but they’ve taken it to another level at times where it’s debatable that the offense is actually purposefully sabotaging themselves.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:46 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
The reality is we can win the Super Bowl and would be a coin flip or better in any game in which the offense doesn’t actively torpedo the whole game. Mistakes here and there are one thing but they’ve taken it to another level at times where it’s debatable that the offense is actually purposefully sabotaging themselves.
They just lack big plays. Last season, they led the league in plays over 20 yards.

When you have to drive down the field in 10 yard increments, it's easy to torpedo a drive with a penalty, drop, or turnover. If you're hitting big plays, you don't need to be as efficient.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:46 PM   #35
Forever Royal

Barnwell picks KC to win the Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Be careful what you wish for. I do agree with staylor here.

That game will be personal for that entire city and team. They've wanted another shot at us ever since 13 seconds and they would finally get it at home.

We better be ready bc we will get their A game. Guarantee that team will want to run us out of the building.

Thankfully our defense is elite this year. Just can't **** it up early like the last time we played.

And you know Mahomes wants them again. Not just because of the game this season but because he knows people keep saying things like “if Mahomes came here it would be different.” And just in general his first road game in the playoffs will mean a lot to him. Well dang. Now I’m convincing myself we will win that game after predicting it as a loss a few days ago.

Last edited by mr. tegu; 01-11-2024 at 12:55 PM..
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:48 PM   #36
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Without a good run game, I can't see this offense succeeding. Teams will continue to bracket Kelce and play man coverage on everyone else. A team with an elite CB like Miami should be able to limit Rice. That means the other WRs have to get open, which they haven't shown the ability to do. The roster isn't going to improve this year. Their only hope is to run the ball well, Mahomes using his legs, and to limit the dumb penalties and turnovers.

If they get away from the run and have to throw every down, it's going to be ugly.
I'm going to be the glutton for punishment here - I STILL think this passing game has a gear it just hasn't hit yet. And I think the increased usage of James along with a really nice game last week from Hardman gives us just a small glimpse into what that could be.

Rice/Hardman/James isn't amazing, but again, it is absolutely as good as 2022 JJSS/2022 MVS/2022 Moore. Shit, I think it's better at all 3 spots.

IF - big if - the Chiefs have seen enough of this MVS shit and are content just giving his reps to Hardman. And they use James as they intended to use Moore. And the moment isn't too big for Rice (still a rookie, lets remember) and hell, if Toney comes back and can make just 1 meaningful play - this team can put up 30 on the back of its passing game.

I just can't convince myself otherwise. There are weapons here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:48 PM   #37
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
On the AHPKC podcast they looked at the Pats total DVOA over the Brady years. Turns out most of their best years they didn't win the SB, and on some of their worst, including worst overall, they did with the SB.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0ui6L2uoBaSXgzV59d38ZE
Lulz...not listening
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:50 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

Quote:

More doom and gloom from one of the most miserable ****s on this board.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:50 PM   #39
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
B
That game will be personal for that entire city and team. They've wanted another shot at us ever since 13 seconds and they would finally get it at home.

We better be ready bc we will get their A game. Guarantee that team will want to run us out of the building.
That's actually good for us.

All the pressure will be on Buffalo in that game. ALL OF IT.

They're the two seed now. They're done playing with house money.

The Chiefs will be expected to lose.

Buffalo has been in playoff mode since Week 13, and now the pressure is going to be SQUARELY on them, a week after Pittsburgh probably beats them up quite a bit.

The Chiefs will be fine win or lose. We got our two rings. It's all gravy. No expectations.

And the minute Buffalo makes a mistake in that game, doubt will creep in. And their sphincters will close even tighter.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:54 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

More doom and gloom from one of the most miserable ****s on this board.
Doom and gloom? Just how I view the offense at the moment.

Not surprised you're being a dipshit though in your response.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:57 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:

You're right. There's zero chance the passing game with Andy, Pat, Kelce, and Rice could win us a game if they have to. Might as well throw in the towel if we get down 2 scores.

****ing pussy

This is the golden era of Chiefs football. If you're overly pessimistic throughout it, it's because you're 100% a miserable ****.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:58 PM   #42
I'll be back.

Quote:

95% of your posts about this team are negative. You are unbearable in GDTs and a regular appearance in the pantheon of traitors, losers and cowards.

I'm certain that 48 hours after a Lombardi next month you'd be complaining about the Chiefs losing Jones, or if the Chiefs signed him to an extension immediately, about losing Sneed.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:00 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You're right. There's zero chance the passing game with Andy, Pat, Kelce, and Rice could win us a game if they have to. Might as well throw in the towel if we get down 2 scores.

****ing pussy

This is the golden era of Chiefs football. If you're overly pessimistic throughout it, it's because you're 100% a miserable ****.
God you're a stupid moron. Way to exaggerate everything I wrote.

Zero chance to win!

Throw in the towel!

All you do around here is bitch about other posters. **** off already.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:00 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
95% of your posts about this team are negative. You are unbearable in GDTs and a regular appearance in the pantheon of traitors, losers and cowards.

I'm certain that 48 hours after a Lombardi next month you'd be complaining about the Chiefs losing Jones, or if the Chiefs signed him to an extension immediately, about losing Sneed.
You basically gave up on the team weeks ago. I never said they can't win the SB this year. Can you say the same?

I've never said "Game Over" in the GDT. Or "we're not winning this game". That's just more exaggerations.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:01 PM   #45
I'll be back.

Quote:
You basically gave up on the team weeks ago.
No I didn't you ****ing loser. And I certainly didn't do it in the middle of the Patriots game.