Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2024, 10:12 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Mike Tomlin gets 3-yr extension from Steelers.

Just breaking now.

Is it me or do the Steelers feel like they are morphing to the Bears from the last 30 years?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:39 AM   #31
Cheat Death

Brian Billick meets Omar Epps
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:43 AM   #32
Hockey Town

Mike Tomlin basically guarantees they don't bottom out, for most owners that's good enough, he won a SB and got to another.

This is literally the epitome of 500 or better and playoffs a lot of years as the known beats the unknown of maybe going 5-12
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:44 AM   #33
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'd imagine he'd get hired pretty quick if they fired him or didn't extend him.

He's a good HC.

Andy Reid is a top 3 best coach of all time. Didn’t mean Philly shouldn’t have fired him. His time had run its course.

Sometimes that happens to even the best coaches. And I’ll bet the instant Tomlin has a down year below .500, there are talks in the building of if he’s still the right guy.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:46 AM   #34
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Again, why do you continue to pretend that Tomlin had zero say in the pick? The guy has been there for a very long time and certinaly has a lot of say in personel. He either had say, and got it wrong too, or he's completely useless in the process.

What's the best path to finding a QB? Continuing what they've been doing, or blowing it up and starting over with an offensive minded QB that can find their franchise QB?

He tends to do that. Same thing with Trey Lance and Ratface Jr getting zero blame.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:48 AM   #35
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Andy Reid is a top 3 best coach of all time. Didn’t mean Philly shouldn’t have fired him. His time had run its course.

Sometimes that happens to even the best coaches. And I’ll bet the instant Tomlin has a down year below .500, there are talks in the building of if he’s still the right guy.
For sure.

But he's a pretty good culture guy. In today's NFL there's something to that.

I wouldn't be overly excited about hiring him, but I think he's a good solid NFL HC.

I'm not sure your Ben Johnsons or Bobby Slowiks will be.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:50 AM   #36
In Search of a Life

I never understood why tomlin, however, gets credit for controlling difficult personalities. It seems he either gravitates toward head cases or is completely incapable of controlling them. AB, leveon, Martavius Bryant, claypool, probably Pickens… Diontae is a bit extra too. He doesn’t seem to mind churning and burning head cases and milking a few years out of them. Which helps in huge ways but also kills them at times too.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:51 AM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:
For sure.

But he's a pretty good culture guy. In today's NFL there's something to that.

I wouldn't be overly excited about hiring him, but I think he's a good solid NFL HC.

I'm not sure your Ben Johnsons or Bobby Slowiks will be.
"Scared money don't make no money"

Much better chance of finding your franchise QB commiting to a rebuild with one of those guys. The floors is obviously lower, but the ceiling is much higher.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:51 AM   #38
Hockey Town

They got backed into a corner with Pickett.

They needed a QB he was the only one with a 1st round grade and he went to Pitt, I think they felt like they had to take him if he was there.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:53 AM   #39
In Search of a Life

I'm actually kinda interested to see them with Wilson this year. He's not what he once was, but I kinda think they could be a bit of a darkhorse in that division.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:54 AM   #40
In Search of a Life

One of the biggest problems the Steelers have also had is finding an OC.

Having a defensive minded HC is such a ****ing pain in the ass. You either can't find a good OC, or you do, and he's gone after 1-2 seasons.

I 100% prefer an offensive minded HC in today's NFL unless I already have an establish upper echelon franchise QB.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:55 AM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm actually kinda interested to see them with Wilson this year. He's not what he once was, but I kinda think they could be a bit of a darkhorse in that division.
They're a really sneaky team to get into a WC spot and be one and done.

Oh wait, that's exactly what they did last year!
Old 06-11-2024, 11:55 AM   #42

I've never really compared him to some of the other middle of the road coaches because he's had plenty of 12-4 type seasons. It's only in the last 5 years where he's had middling QB play where they're just scraping by. He's been to 2 Super Bowls and got a win. That's more than most coaches will ever do.

He's not a QB guru but I don't know why every coach has to be. He definitely can get a lot out of a team. If the NFL really goes down this private equity route Mike Tomlin is basically going to be the perfect NFL coach. You'll have a front office running things through analytics and buying all the groceries basically, and the coach will be expected to follow the front office and make the most out of the talent he's given.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:56 AM   #43
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
They got backed into a corner with Pickett.

They needed a QB he was the only one with a 1st round grade and he went to Pitt, I think they felt like they had to take him if he was there.
Pickett was never gonna be good. That was a weird one.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:57 AM   #44

Tomlin to me is an ultimate fan nightmare. A guy who comes in young, wins a Super Bowl early with a team that was already teed up and rolling along, and then just stands up mediocrity year after year, for decades of my life. Dude is only 52. Could easily see him rolling along like this for 15+ years.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:57 AM   #45
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I've never really compared him to some of the other middle of the road coaches because he's had plenty of 12-4 type seasons. It's only in the last 5 years where he's had middling QB play where they're just scraping by. He's been to 2 Super Bowls and got a win. That's more than most coaches will ever do.

He's not a QB guru but I don't know why every coach has to be. He definitely can get a lot out of a team. If the NFL really goes down this private equity route Mike Tomlin is basically going to be the perfect NFL coach. You'll have a front office running things through analytics and buying all the groceries basically, and the coach will be expected to follow the front office and make the most out of the talent he's given.