Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-15-2024, 08:10 AM  
Fight, build, win!

Pizza Hut to offer a better Burger

The new Cheese Burger Melt for a limited time. This will probably bomb like when Micky D offered pizza by the slice. Get ready to get out and get these kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...t/73690348007/

I'll wait for Review Bra's opinion on this.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:11 AM   #31
Politically Incorrect

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:13 AM   #32
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I like Pizza Hut just fine. My theory about people saying it “used to be good” are just referring to their younger years as kids when pizza was also closely associated with positive memories and they also had less pizza/food quality experiences for comparison. Basically they had lower standards and expectations and pizza was seen as a fun food so it use to taste “better” than now.
The only problem with that theory is that Pizza Hut is worse now than it was just 5 years ago. It's been going steadily downhill for decades.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:14 AM   #33
Fight, build, win!

That cold Torre's Pizza by the slice they sold in Kelly's Bar in Westport at the window in back was better the the Pizza chains of today by a million times.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:16 AM   #34
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I had a breakfast pizza at a QuikTrip in Tennessee a few months ago that was seriously good... and of course midwesterners rave about Casey's.
Last time I had Casey’s breakfast pizza I had to shit before I finished the slice and couldn’t stop going all day. This wasn’t diarrhea mind you it was solid normal shits just painful and nonstop.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:39 AM   #35
Forever Royal

Quote:
In other words, they don't like it now.

There's definitely nostalgia wrapped up in childhood trips to restaurants (free Book It pizza FTW) and far lower expectations... I personally find it amusing when people jump all over things being "garbage" like they only shop at Whole Foods or some shit, but there's definitely something to be said for one place being good because it's the only pizza you've ever had versus growing up and trying better, tastes changing, etc.

On my short list of pizza joints, I can think of 3 local places that I'd go to first for various reasons (one in particular is Chicago style and the other two are simply better pizza with unique choices)... and then Domino's, because their crust here is really good and they've consistently delivered a crazy hot pizza that will burn off your mouth.

After those 4, Pizza Hut would probably get lumped into a category with others of being fine if it's offered free somewhere or someone else is ordering... I mean, it's meat, cheese, sauce, and bread, usually difficult to completely **** it up. But, better places exist, at least around here.

Oh I definitely agree there are better places. But Pizza Hut seems to get talked about around here like it’s what you get at a kids indoor playground. If I’m looking for a quick relatively cheap pizza I’m not going out of my way to avoid Pizza Hut or Dominos. I’ll bet whichever is nearby and be perfectly happy.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:44 AM   #36
SuperChiefs

I knew I had seen that before

via GIFER

FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:45 AM   #37
Needs more middle fingers

Fuuuuck im craving pizza now.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:45 AM   #38
The man you could post like.

Quote:
I like Pizza Hut just fine. My theory about people saying it “used to be good” are just referring to their younger years as kids when pizza was also closely associated with positive memories and they also had less pizza/food quality experiences for comparison. Basically they had lower standards and expectations and pizza was seen as a fun food so it use to taste “better” than now.
The quality has dropped, though. To an insane degree.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:48 AM   #39
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
I never did get to try their KC Joe's pizza and relive (hopefully a better version of) Pizza Hut's BBQ pizza.
I had an opportunity, and I found it surprisingly meh. Not really bad. But not as good as I'd anticipated. I think their Prime Cut or Papa Minsky's pizzas are better to be honest.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:50 AM   #40
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Oh I definitely agree there are better places. But Pizza Hut seems to get talked about around here like it’s what you get at a kids indoor playground. If I’m looking for a quick relatively cheap pizza I’m not going out of my way to avoid Pizza Hut or Dominos. I’ll bet whichever is nearby and be perfectly happy.
Well, yeah, it's pizza. It's REALLY hard to make it inedible. Although Little Caesars somehow pulls it off.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:51 AM   #41
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Well, yeah, it's pizza. It's REALLY hard to make it inedible. Although Little Caesars somehow pulls it off.
Hungry Howie liked this post
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:55 AM   #42
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
The new Cheese Burger Melt for a limited time. This will probably bomb like when Micky D offered pizza by the slice. Get ready to get out and get these kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...t/73690348007/

I'll wait for Review Bra's opinion on this.
Is that Caleb Williams holding that monstrosity?
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:56 AM   #43
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Ever eat a snot cheese pizza from Saint Louis?
Old 05-15-2024, 10:56 AM   #44
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I'd like to try that one if the opportunity were to arise

I've really never had a BBQ pizza that I've loved. Something about the cooking process caramelizes the sugar in the sauce or something and they come out too sweet for me

A Joe's Night of the Living Pizza I could go for though
I enjoyed it the first year. Like most things though, each successive year it got a little worse. It went from being loaded with meat to having to send out a search and rescue team to find any.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-15-2024, 11:09 AM   #45
Forever Royal

Quote:
The quality has dropped, though. To an insane degree.

I guess I don’t know what exactly people mean when they say this.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.