Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2024, 11:51 AM  
__

Let's actually talk about the Chiefs. (WRs)

Roughly 100% of the threads on the front page right now are not discussions of the 2024 Kansas City Chiefs, my favorite team.

I would like to know what you think the WR depth chart is going to be (injuries excepting):

a.) at the start of the season
b.) at the end of the season

Here's the WRs on the roster right now:

Phillip Brooks
Hollywood Brown
Mecole Hardman
Jaaron Hayek
Skyy Moore
Cornell Powell
Nikko Remigio
Rashee Rice
Justyn Ross
Kadarius Toney
Montrell Washington
Justin Watson
Xavier Worthy
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 12:46 PM   #31
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
What’s the point of keeping Toney when there’s 3 guys already here that do exactly what he does?
Toney has the longest punt return in SB history and also did a one legged hop TD all the way through the endzone.

We have nobody else that's done either of those things
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 12:57 PM   #32
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Toney has the longest punt return in SB history and also did a one legged hop TD all the way through the endzone.

We have nobody else that's done either of those things
You just gave a complete list of Toney's significant contributions to the Chiefs, and one of those things doesn't involve being a WR.

He should've been gone after the offsides call versus the Bills, if not sooner.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:01 PM   #33
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
You just gave a complete list of Toney's significant contributions to the Chiefs, and one of those things doesn't involve being a WR.

He should've been gone after the offsides call versus the Bills, if not sooner.
For the record that was an absolute awful call, by that standard offensive players lineup offsides 50% of the time.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 01:05 PM   #34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
For the record that was an absolute awful call, by that standard offensive players lineup offsides 50% of the time.
Yeah, but he shouldn't have been on the field anyway.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:06 PM   #35
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I get the feeling we're going to have a lot of Remigio circle jerks only for him to be released.
It's a tradition as old as time itself. The one "off the radar" guy (Remigio might have a bit more cred than that at this point but still) that CP falls in love with that is a virtual lock to amount to jack shit. I'm not making fun of any individual per se, as I have been in on a couple myself over the years, but it just goes to show how much more difficult it is to be a GM/coach/talent evaluator in the NFL than what your average message board jabroni thinks. Almost none of those guys that get cut ever go on to do shit in the NFL, proving the pros right and the keyboard jockeys wrong.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 02:09 PM   #36
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
I get the feeling we're going to have a lot of Remigio circle jerks only for him to be released.
He supposedly has had a strong OTA’s the past few weeks… with like half of the WR depth chart not practicing.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:25 PM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Skyy's here cause he's a 2nd round pick on a rookie contract.

All of these signings though say to me none of those guys are guaranteed spots.
Nah, I get his role but he’s just really not good at it. We have speed guys and we have Watson who needs to play with a lot of depth. Skyy is supposed to be that slot underneath guy who just runs real good routes and reads defenses well. He just sucks at both. Rice did some of that catch and run but I think most of us would like to see the chiefs use him more aggressively with a year under his belt (and that’s assuming he plays a full season). Add on top of that skyy is a willing system blocker.

Believe me I think the guy is a waste of space. I am just speaking to why they will probably keep him around unless they find a similar role guy. And everything in remigios scouting report indicates that he plays the same type of game.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 02:26 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Nah, I don’t think we’ll see any of that. Hopefully we all learned that lesson the hard way last year. It’s more about eagerness for skyy to not waste space and hoping Niko can clear that low bar
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:45 PM   #39
Comfortably Numb

Toney seems to act like we owe him something instead of taking responsibility for what he needs to improve. Until he starts showing up and producing I think he is the odd man out. He has more talent than Moore, but his head is rarely right. I hope I am wrong, because he has the talent to be in the top 3 as a receiving threat on this team, but I doubt he will put in the work to show it to us.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 02:54 PM   #40
MVP

Brown
Rice
Worthy
Watson
Hardman
Moore
Toney

*Slight chance that Remigio gets upgraded if Moore or Toney are somehow traded.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-10-2024, 03:05 PM   #41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
How?

How on earth can Skyy get open in any way other than being schemed open? And if you're going to scheme someone open, there's five other receivers who are more explosive.
Skyy Moore is a zone beating sure handed possession receiver. He’s designed to beat zone coverage.

Last year we faced endless amounts of man coverage due to poor speed/acceleration at wr.

This year we will face less man coverage.

I don’t think skyy will do that well but there’s your rationale .
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-10-2024, 03:07 PM   #42
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I think they keep Toney for the new return rule, as they may need two returners out there now.

LRZ, Worthy, Toney, Mecole. And I think Worthy moves into the starting lineup very early, and since he's a string bean, they may choose to roll with the other 3 options.

I think Skyy gets cut after camp, or it will come down to Skyy and Mecole for the final slot.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 03:27 PM   #43
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
Toney seems to act like we owe him something instead of taking responsibility for what he needs to improve. Until he starts showing up and producing I think he is the odd man out. He has more talent than Moore, but his head is rarely right. I hope I am wrong, because he has the talent to be in the top 3 as a receiving threat on this team, but I doubt he will put in the work to show it to us.
We have not heard anything from Toney on social media since his outburst right before the Super Bowl. Maybe that was part of the conditions from Reid, Veach, and Hunt on remaining on the Cheifs roster. I am assuming the leash is short too. (I also assume Rice has probably been issued a list of non-acceptable actions by that trio.)
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-10-2024, 03:28 PM   #44
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Hardman is useful because he can be the burner that gives Brown and Worthy a breather when they need it along with his gadget stuff. Rice is the YAC/Zone beater when teams go zone heavy.

Watson is a lock, too sturdy as depth. Sounds like Remigio is working his way on the roster and that might make Skyy expendable, even though I think he could still be useful as ONLY a slot player. Ross still provides a skill the others don't, and for that reason he has a shot to stick.

I get that Toney is talented but he's so damn unreliable and if he won't accept a gadget role, he shouldn't be left to linger.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 03:29 PM   #45
In Search of a Life

Andy doesn't do "slot" only players. They all move around alot.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.