Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM  

49ers LT Trent Williams is holding out

3 years left on his deal, scheduled to make $20M in 2024.

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #31
Consuming CP souls

They'll never win a title
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Purdy won't get much in the way of new money in 2025 or likely even 2026.

He'll sign the new deal in 2025 probably but it won't start until the extension kicks in in 2026. And the year 1 salary of that deal will likely be very low.

Of course that presumes they decide to pay him. Kyle Shanahan has enough control there that they may just not. Shanahan almost seems to view QB the same way his pop viewed RBs.

He believes - maybe correctly - that they're a product of his system and surrounding talent. And honestly, he likely has 2 SB trophies right now if he got QB better QB play. I think deep down he knows that.

So he may well decide to move on from Purdy rather than pay him. And it may work out really well for him.
Sign me up for watching them draft more Trey Lances. That was damned fine entertainment.

Made all the better by the fact that he was trying to replicate Mahomes.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
He would have crippled our cap. Thank goodness Veach is the man.
Lmao, I'm as big of a Veach fan as anyone, but Veach did absolutely everything he possibly could to sign Williams. I haven't seen anything that comes out and says what Veach offered Williams, but Williams says that talks the the 49ers stalled and he was going to sign with KC. I think within an hour Williams agent was calling him to tell him he was staying in SF. Williams wanted to stay in SF really bad, so you'd think all SF had to do is get close to KC or match them. I don't think SF came at him with a better deal than what KC did.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Sign me up for watching them draft more Trey Lances. That was damned fine entertainment.

Made all the better by the fact that he was trying to replicate Mahomes.
What makes it even more funny is what they had to do to draft him.

Wasted 2021 3rd overall pick

and had to give up all of this for that pick

2021 12th overall pick
2022 29th overall pick
2023 29th overall pick
2022 102nd overall pick 3rd round

All for a guy with 19 collegiate starts and 318 thrown passes.

They're luckier than shit that they were able to get Brock Purdy at the very end of that draft or that trade could have decimated that team.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #35
SuperBowl or bust

He has pushed money back for the team and has only hit their cap for 30.5 million total the last 3 years, according to sportrac. He currently has 30m in dead $…so he’s making a smart move.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:54 AM   #36
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
They have to pay Purdy in two years. If they pay Aiyuk they pretty much have to have Silverdick gone by then
I'd say there's a good chance they have to pay him at the end of this year. Sure he has another year left but he's making pretty much the minimum living in San Francisco, he's getting paid as soon as he possibly can and since he is making the minimum he won't have the usual benefit of being able to lessen the early year cap hits because there's no way to go but up from his current contract number.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post

2021 12th overall pick
2022 29th overall pick
2023 29th overall pick

They're luckier than shit that they were able to get Brock Purdy at the very end of that draft or that trade could have decimated that team.
This kind of reminds me of the Broncos and Russel Wilson. Best deal ever!
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:42 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Has no guaranteed money left. Guess he's ensuring he won't be a cap casualty anytime soon
It's all about the guaranteed money. He wants more of specifically just that.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Purdy won't get much in the way of new money in 2025 or likely even 2026.

He'll sign the new deal in 2025 probably but it won't start until the extension kicks in in 2026. And the year 1 salary of that deal will likely be very low.

Of course that presumes they decide to pay him. Kyle Shanahan has enough control there that they may just not. Shanahan almost seems to view QB the same way his pop viewed RBs.

He believes - maybe correctly - that they're a product of his system and surrounding talent. And honestly, he likely has 2 SB trophies right now if he got QB better QB play. I think deep down he knows that.

So he may well decide to move on from Purdy rather than pay him. And it may work out really well for him.
I'd trade Purdy (if I could find a suitor) for as much draft capital as possible and attempt to use that and my first rounder to package a trade up for a QBOTF
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #40
Andy Reid Supporter

If Purdy has another good year and wins at least 1 playoff game again he will 100% hold out this time next year if he doesn’t have a deal.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:02 AM   #41
In Search of a Life

Am I on an island in thinking Purdy is....a good QB?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post

2021 12th overall pick
2022 29th overall pick
2023 29th overall pick

That's why it is hi-****ing-larious. That was as quality of entertainment as there has been in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think he's pretty damn good. Especially for the pack of chewing gum he's playing for. I honestly don't know where I'd fall if he was getting 50M. Because he's going to get 50M.

I think he's better than Garappolo. But like Garappolo it's hard to differentiate what he's responsible for vs what Shanahan serves him on a silver platter or his play makers do the work for him.

If I were a 9ers fan and they dumped him, I'd probably be pissed. I'm not an entitled **** and am not out here hating Mahomes thinking we should have beat him (maybe they shouldn't have blown the leads though - LOL). Sometimes you just have to accept that dude wasn't going to be denied.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
He's very good. I thought he played a good game in the Super Bowl. I would expect he'll get paid. The 49ers wandered through the desert for awhile before he came along wishing they had a guy like him.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:26 AM   #44
Veteran

It was the same deal when he was a FA. He drew it out until someone gave him the most lucrative deal he could find. Which is fine, make that money. Just not surprising.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 07:26 AM   #45
In Search of a Life

Yeah it's different when it comes to paying him that...because he'll ask for that. I'm not sure where I fall there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.