Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What is your expected win total for the Royals to be this year.
72 6 6.25%
73 2 2.08%
74 1 1.04%
75 4 4.17%
76 3 3.13%
77 4 4.17%
78 9 9.38%
79 5 5.21%
80 7 7.29%
81 8 8.33%
82 7 7.29%
83 3 3.13%
84 7 7.29%
85 5 5.21%
86 6 6.25%
87 2 2.08%
88 6 6.25%
89 2 2.08%
90 1 1.04%
91 8 8.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2022, 10:25 AM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Call it? Predict the 2022 Royals wins .

Go on record your prediction.

The Royals have a lot of optimism & promise this year and for the years to come.

But this is the year for the pitching to take a major step forward along with some talented kids from the minors.

What is your expected win total for the Royals to be this year.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:14 PM   #31
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
82-80 and Mike Sweeney gets locked in on an overpriced deal. Again.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:51 PM   #32
The pizza king of kansas

86 wins
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 11:10 PM   #33
Veteran

I'm not even a Royal fan (Angels) but I think KC is loaded and the sky is the limit, starting this year. It depends on a lot of things falling right, but they start off in a good place being in the AL Central and with the expanded playoffs. Then you just need, say:

-Nick Pratto to come up and do what many expect
-Bobby Witt Jr. to kill it right away (he's already your opening day 3B, with a big spring training that has his fantasy owners VERY optimistic)
-MJ Melendez comes up and balls out, forcing playing time somewhere other than catcher
-Mondesi to actually stay healthy for once.

That offense is absolutely elite if basically all those things happen, or even just most, because you already have the breakout of Benintendi and Perez is Perez and Merrifield is Merrifield.

Pitching is dicier, but most all teams can say that. The Royals are well known for their highly touted young pitching, and now is the time for many of them. Bubic, Singer and Carlos Hernandez are in the opening rotation, all three coming in now with MLB experience, and Daniel Lynch isn't far behind. I personally don't buy much into Bubic but many do, so the fans should be excited about all 4 of those guys and this season.

In the pen, Barlow, Staumont and Garrett (if he's going right) are very lock down. That's the kind of pen trio that you can win a lot of games with.

I voted 88, because not ALL of that is gonna fall right, but enough will that I do expect them to be in the playoffs, and something like 93 wins wouldn't shock me at all.

Last edited by Vladimir_Kyrilytch; 04-03-2022 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: forgot about Singer oh my
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:56 AM   #34
Snacks Are Under My Apron

I hope we win a bunch, plan on going to a bunch of games.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #35
Veteran

162-0!!!!!! WE AER NEVAR LOSING AGAIN
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #36
MVP

162-0
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:00 PM   #37
MVP

76 wins.

Still don't have a lot of confidence in the starting rotation.

But if Zach can give them that 'Shields' type of consistency as the veteran leader and a couple of the young guys come around then I could see .500 for this team. But that's about their ceiling for this year, I think.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:05 PM   #38
I’m a Mahomo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:18 PM   #39
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So lazy. I’m as pessimistic on the Royals as anyone but there’s zero rational explanation for them winning fewer games than they did last year.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:02 PM   #40
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
So lazy. I’m as pessimistic on the Royals as anyone but there’s zero rational explanation for them winning fewer games than they did last year.
Those projections are based on ZIPS, a projection system developed by Dan Symborski, who also just so happens to work for fangraphs. So these are computer-derived projections.

The odd thing is, Fangraphs does projected standings with playoff odds, and those are also based on ZIPS, so the projected records should be the same. They are not. According to the website itself, they project the Royals at 75-87, with 8.3% playoff odds. The graphic shows the Angels at 81-81 but per fangraphs website, the projection is 83-79. The graphic is inaccurate, in other words, and might come from some other season.

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

Last edited by Vladimir_Kyrilytch; 04-06-2022 at 11:10 PM..
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:07 AM   #41
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
I thought 78 this winter but I dropped 2 after the Tigers and Twins improves with FA. That’ll prob take a couple wins we normally would’ve had

The only addition we made this offseason was Jack Schitt.

At 76 I was wayyyyy high.

Some of you dreamers are “big league” homers
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:15 AM   #42
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
82-80 and Mike Sweeney gets locked in on an overpriced deal. Again.
I would like to change my answer to 63, please and thank you
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #43
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

I'll admit being duped into believing the young pitching would give us the best rotation/bully we've had since the WS runs, but I had no idea we'd be this anemic on offense. Lol
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:29 AM   #44
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:

I went 78 optimistically. Turns out I was way too high also.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch View Post
I'm not even a Royal fan (Angels) but I think KC is loaded and the sky is the limit, starting this year. It depends on a lot of things falling right, but they start off in a good place being in the AL Central and with the expanded playoffs. Then you just need, say:

-Nick Pratto to come up and do what many expect
-Bobby Witt Jr. to kill it right away (he's already your opening day 3B, with a big spring training that has his fantasy owners VERY optimistic)
-MJ Melendez comes up and balls out, forcing playing time somewhere other than catcher
-Mondesi to actually stay healthy for once.

That offense is absolutely elite if basically all those things happen, or even just most, because you already have the breakout of Benintendi and Perez is Perez and Merrifield is Merrifield.

Pitching is dicier, but most all teams can say that. The Royals are well known for their highly touted young pitching, and now is the time for many of them. Bubic, Singer and Carlos Hernandez are in the opening rotation, all three coming in now with MLB experience, and Daniel Lynch isn't far behind. I personally don't buy much into Bubic but many do, so the fans should be excited about all 4 of those guys and this season.

In the pen, Barlow, Staumont and Garrett (if he's going right) are very lock down. That's the kind of pen trio that you can win a lot of games with.

I voted 88, because not ALL of that is gonna fall right, but enough will that I do expect them to be in the playoffs, and something like 93 wins wouldn't shock me at all.
If only…
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.