Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2024, 12:17 PM  
MVP

$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?

We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:50 PM   #31
Fish are scared of me

"Jungle Law" is going to eat up the rest of our cap space.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 02:52 PM   #32
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I really felt Smith was on his last legs at year's end. I don't think I would take a chance especially if they like what they have seen of what we have in-house. At some point, you have to let the guys play. I don't feel Smith will make it through a season. It will be an interesting training camp. We will know if we have something in-house or if we need to panic and resign Smith.
actually that’s the reason I really like the idea. He’s at the end of his rope so we can sign him to a 1 year deal then get rid of him. He is only insurance. Maybe potentially a guy you can start for a game or 2 until you truly feel comfortable with our young guys. I’d rather do that than give a bigger deal to a guy you are forced to start because of his contract.

At worst we end up with veteran depth
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:56 PM   #33
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
If Willie had shown any and I mean ANY improvement mentally over the last two seasons he would be here instead of Tranquil. But he's basically been the exact same player since midway through year two. He's physically really damn impressive and sometimes just has days where that's enough to take over a quarter or two but just lost other times.
I think Spags sometimes overvalues smarts over athleticism, though.

Easy for us to love him up now (as well we should) but this is still the guy who had Sorensen, Niemann and Hitchens out there because "they're steady...."

I think he sees the only way to mitigate risk as being a reliable decisionmaker. If a guy like Tranquill is where he's supposed to be, he'll keep a play from being TOO bad, even if he gets beat. Whereas if someone completely blows coverage, it's a big play waiting to happen.

There's some truth there, but I don't think it gives credit to how often someone like Gay could just use ungodly freak athleticism to make up for a mental mistake. And he did it OFTEN. Nor does it acknowledge that sometimes knowing where to be means precisely ****-all if you can't be there on time. And that happened with Hitchens and Sorensen OFTEN.

Given his druthers, he'll take smart and slower over dumb and faster every time. And I think that's a little dogmatic. I think it becomes something of a balancing act and I think Gay is a guy who's athleticism can paper over some of the mental mistakes and make some splash plays that most guys in this league just can't make.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 03:00 PM   #34
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
actually that’s the reason I really like the idea. He’s at the end of his rope so we can sign him to a 1 year deal then get rid of him. He is only insurance. Maybe potentially a guy you can start for a game or 2 until you truly feel comfortable with our young guys. I’d rather do that than give a bigger deal to a guy you are forced to start because of his contract.

At worst we end up with veteran depth
If you want an insurance policy guy like that, you sign Bakhtiari and play him until the wheels fall off (however short that may be)

At this point there's no discernible difference between where Smith ended up towards the end of last year and where Wanya might be at the end of his first full offseason with a little bit of regular season experience. There isn't really any room for Smith on this team unless we ran into some issues with injuries.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 03:55 PM   #35
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I'd sign Donovan regardless of how they feel about the young tackles. Doesn't mean he has to start, but you can't crater your season because you aren't deep enough at tackle; i.e. 2020.

And then a RB... besides that, I'd just be thrilled to see some extensions get done soon.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 04:00 PM   #36
El Gato Gordo Loco

Baktiari out there too but you couldn't rely on him. Just too injury prone...BUT if he does stay healthy he's a huge upgrade over anyone we got.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 04:18 PM   #37
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Hope we don’t sign a LT, because we’re blown away by what we have in Kingsley.
Whoaaaaaaaaa big fella! Not in pads yet. Then we can really assess accurately at that point. Just saying
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:05 PM   #38
MVP

Ok, slow around this time of year so I thought I'd start a thread around one of the only remaining interesting offseason topics we're not currently dicussing.

Summary: Should we spend our $16m in Cap Space to put us over the top for a 3-peat?

1. Maybe rolling that $16m over to next year is the best decision.

2. Donavan Smith is the preferred next up if Chiefs don't trust LT after camp.

3. DL would be an interesting addition due to injuries and Buggs being let go.

4. Maybe a vet RB that gets let go if we don't like what's available to us after camp.

5. A lot of us wish we'd spent that money on Gay and kept him in the rotation.

Continue...
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:06 PM   #39
MVP

Best Remaining FAs: https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...lable-players/
Old 06-24-2024, 06:08 PM   #40
MVP

Saw a youtube video suggesting we should consider...

1. DE Yannick Ngakoue

2. CB Stephon Gilmore

3. FS Justin Simmons

Thoughts?

...outsiders don't seem to trust our DB development, but I don't think anyone in Chiefs Kingdom is concerned about the loss of Snead.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 06-24-2024 at 06:17 PM..
Old 06-24-2024, 06:15 PM   #41
YOU take YOUR seat

An LT will probably get signed around training camp time. Unless they really like what they see with what we have. Another RB could be signed and probably some DT depth.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:17 PM   #42
MVP

How about a trade (pick swap) for another WR reclamation project in Trey Burks?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ct/ar-BB1oKEjX

I don't hate it.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:40 PM   #43
Consuming CP souls

Whyd we piss Sneed away for peanuts again?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 07:04 PM   #44
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Whyd we piss Sneed away for peanuts again?
Because we can’t afford to take the $24 million dollar hit next year. This isn’t rocket science bud
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 07:24 PM
Otter
This message has been deleted by Otter.
Old 06-24-2024, 07:56 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think Spags sometimes overvalues smarts over athleticism, though.

Easy for us to love him up now (as well we should) but this is still the guy who had Sorensen, Niemann and Hitchens out there because "they're steady...."

I think he sees the only way to mitigate risk as being a reliable decisionmaker. If a guy like Tranquill is where he's supposed to be, he'll keep a play from being TOO bad, even if he gets beat. Whereas if someone completely blows coverage, it's a big play waiting to happen.

There's some truth there, but I don't think it gives credit to how often someone like Gay could just use ungodly freak athleticism to make up for a mental mistake. And he did it OFTEN. Nor does it acknowledge that sometimes knowing where to be means precisely ****-all if you can't be there on time. And that happened with Hitchens and Sorensen OFTEN.

Given his druthers, he'll take smart and slower over dumb and faster every time. And I think that's a little dogmatic. I think it becomes something of a balancing act and I think Gay is a guy who's athleticism can paper over some of the mental mistakes and make some splash plays that most guys in this league just can't make.
If I was Spags and it was my money, job and reputation I’d probably feel the same. But one willie gay wild card sure spiced it up next to a steady Bolton type.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.