Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What do the Chiefs accomplish the next 6 years?
No Super Bowl appearances or wins 0 0%
1 Super Bowl appearance, no SB win 1 0.76%
1 SB appearance, 1 SB win 9 6.82%
More than 1 SB appearance, 2 SB wins 53 40.15%
More than 1 SB appearance, 3 SB wins 34 25.76%
More than 1 SB appearance, 4 SB wins 12 9.09%
More than 1 SB appearance, 5 SB wins 1 0.76%
More than 1 SB appearance, 6 SB wins 22 16.67%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2024, 07:49 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Can the next 6 years be close to the first 6 years of the Mahomes era?

So we know at this point that Andy has been with Mahomes as a starter for 6 years and the results speak for themselves.

The next 6 years will run through Mahomes prime and Andy is signed through that time. Let’s assume a few things:

1. Andy coaches all 6 years
2. Spags coaches all 6 years and retires with Andy at the end of the 2029 season
3. Kelce plays 2 more seasons as planned and then retires
4. Chris Jones plays 3 more seasons
5. The Chiefs lose Dave Merritt in 2025 when his son graduates and heads to college
6. Mahomes does not suffer a significant injury in the next 6 years

What do you think? Can they possibly match the success they had in the first 6 years? Poll incoming
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 07:59 AM   #31
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I feel like anything less than 2 Super Bowl appearances in the next 6 seasons would be disappointing. A lot can happen with an NFL team over 6 seasons, but if Mahomes and Reid are here, getting to the big game 2 out of 6 feels like a reasonable minimum expectation.
I don't think he can do what he's done without Travis Kelce. He's going to have to sometime in the next six.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:01 AM   #32
In Search of a Life

Keep saying this, I think even our own fans undermine how high our ceiling is with actual weapons. The new mahomes with weapons will cook no matter his mobility. He isn’t Russel Wilson. Let’s not forget how many games he’s looked incredible playing off of 1 leg.

But guys, we have never had a team this complete. In the beginning it was a dominant offense with no defense or running game. Then as the defense and running game got better our receivers got worse. This year is our most complete team in the mahomes era
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 08:14 AM   #33
Veteran

The Chiefs roster is pretty damn stacked for the next two years. At this point, I'd be surprised if they aren't playing in the AFCCG yet again this year. From there, if the end is in sight for Reid/Spags/Kelce do we start to see the front office go a bit "all-in" so-to-speak? Just something to think about. I guess in short, would not be surprised whatsoever if they played in 3 and won 2 Super Bowls in the next 4 years.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:27 AM   #34
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
He’s not a scrambling QB. He’s not Lamar. I don’t really think he’s particularly fast or elusive. He’s just so smart that he knows when and how to run where he needs to be. He won’t lose that in his 30’s. We’re solid for a LONG time!

Edit: I mean, don’t get me wrong, he can move. I just don’t think an older, slower Patrick is going to hurt us at all.
He actually is pretty fast and super elusive.

I remember at one point, probably during the combine, they were talking about Mahomes’ 4.8 40 time and Mecole Tweeted at him that he didn’t know he was that slow, likely because most people think Pat is pretty fast. IIRC, his trainer posted that they didn’t do a lot of 40 training work for the combine but they do train for speed during the season and he’d likely run closer to a 4.6, which is pretty fast for a 230-pound elite passer.

For reference, Cam Newton ran a 4.56 and Josh Allen 4.78.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:36 AM   #35
Supporter

Only an injury will keep this team from going to the AFC title game every year.

After that we are rolling loaded dice that won't win EVERY time but will hit the mark more often than not.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 08:40 AM   #36
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The ancient Egyptians will marvel at the length and power of our dynasty.
Well played sir, well played!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:43 AM   #37
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
He actually is pretty fast and super elusive.

I remember at one point, probably during the combine, they were talking about Mahomes’ 4.8 40 time and Mecole Tweeted at him that he didn’t know he was that slow, likely because most people think Pat is pretty fast. IIRC, his trainer posted that they didn’t do a lot of 40 training work for the combine but they do train for speed during the season and he’d likely run closer to a 4.6, which is pretty fast for a 230-pound elite passer.

For reference, Cam Newton ran a 4.56 and Josh Allen 4.78.
No way in hell Mahomes can run 4.6. And that's fine because he has more useful athleticism than the guys that do. He's NOT fast. He's quick, shifty and smooth. Always has been. Always will be. You don't shave off .2 from your 40 by trying harder. Maybe .08 max or something would be believable.

Mahomes has a faster shuttle time (or 3 cone) than Kadarius Toney.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 08:54 AM   #38
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I think we are just scratching the surface.

If Veach has found weapons in Worthey, Rice, and Wiley look the **** out, because we know Pat can win a shootout. I mean we just won two Super Bowls with a bunch of crap WRs.
Brown is going to ball out this year. We not are going to be able to pay him FA wages. We have a lot of contracts up. We have our whole interior line up for new contracts. Bolton, Reid etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Until proven otherwise the Chiefs will go and win the Super Bowl EVERY...****ING....SEASON in the Mahomes era.
No matter how good Mahomes is, there is always some luck involved with winning a SB. That said, everyone should know by now that if Mahomes has the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game, consider it done. Did anyone watching the SB think Mahomes wasnt going to lead the team down and score the winning TD?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 08:56 AM   #39
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
No way in hell Mahomes can run 4.6. And that's fine because he has more useful athleticism than the guys that do. He's NOT fast. He's quick, shifty and smooth. Always has been. Always will be. You don't shave off .2 from your 40 by trying harder. Maybe .08 max or something would be believable.

Mahomes has a faster shuttle time (or 3 cone) than Kadarius Toney.
I’m not going to go too hard in Mahomes’ trainer’s defense because the dude gives me charlatan vibes, but I was under the impression he was talking about training, not effort. And that makes some sense. I’d 100% focus on passing drills and mechanics if I was Mahomes’ trainer leading up to the combine, especially given how raw he was. He didn’t stand to gain nearly as much by going out there and running a 4.6 as he did looking polished with great footwork.

.2 seconds shaved off does seem a bit much but there is a ****ton of technique that goes into running the 40. I’ll just say that I wouldn’t be surprised if he was able to pop out with a 4.6.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:19 AM   #40
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Makes as many title games in his career as LeBum did, but he actually cashes in and wins 8
You may be right as I don’t envision the 2nd and 3rd best players in the league joining together out of necessity to take out Mahomes any time soon. Josh Allen is gonna have to do it himself in a big game.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:25 AM   #41
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Brown is going to ball out this year. We not are going to be able to pay him FA wages. We have a lot of contracts up. We have our whole interior line up for new contracts. Bolton, Reid etc.

No matter how good Mahomes is, there is always some luck involved with winning a SB. That said, everyone should know by now that if Mahomes has the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game, consider it done. Did anyone watching the SB think Mahomes wasnt going to lead the team down and score the winning TD?
Man you are a glass half empty dude.

I was highlighting our talented young players, meaning if they develop into the players we think they can be, look out.

If Brown balls out, year we probably can't afford him, but who knows. That also helps give those young players the time they need to develop. There is no reason why this team can't keep its home grown talent like Creed and Bolton. I think keeping Reid is a luxury and don't see it happening. Also not really worried about it.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:32 AM   #42
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
When #15 hits his 30s, how will that affect his scrambling ability? We've seen many, many times his scrambling gets the key down.
Not even remotely a concern until he's in his mid 30s.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:37 AM   #43
Veteran

My immediate thought was 2 or more SB appearances but only one SB win. Reading the assumptions in the OP made me go with 2 SB wins though.

I'd even go so far negative as to guess that there will be a season we miss the playoffs. It's hard to consistently win in this league.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-23-2024, 10:55 AM   #44
Consuming CP souls

We realistically could 4 peat
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:56 AM   #45
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
My immediate thought was 2 or more SB appearances but only one SB win. Reading the assumptions in the OP made me go with 2 SB wins though.

I'd even go so far negative as to guess that there will be a season we miss the playoffs. It's hard to consistently win in this league.
Almost impossible to miss the playoffs with a HOF QB....injury would be the only way
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote