Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-14-2020, 08:36 PM  
The Lurkiest

Getting restarted and opening back up.

It looks like smaller less populated states will lead the charge. Yes I know Texas and California are working that direction. Places like my home state of Idaho have not been as hard hit. The real question is how do you open back up.

I think many maybe even most companies can go back to work with a little intelligent and innovative work.

Basic offices could still have many people work from home. Those that can not you could run 2 shifts to bring the number of employees and distance between each to a reasonable manageable result. All employees can be made responsible for sanitizing their work area.

Your big issues come in on big venues, weddings theaters etc.

What is your industry and your ideas for safe re opening of it.

My thought is that we could discuss solutions. We all know the problems. How can you make your industry safe.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:29 AM   #31
Starter

I read that in MN originally 78% of workers were deemed "essential." Since then they have expanded the list of essential workers as more industries have petitioned, most recently landscapers and companies that put in docks, not sure what the percentage is now but has to be close to 85%
caseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcaseyl4200 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-15-2020, 07:30 AM   #32
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58-4ever View Post
I think you start with some ground rules: Still no gatherings over 50. Strong social distancing recommendations. Restaurant tables 6 feet apart?

Something very similar to what Sweden has done the whole time.
Might want to wait a bit to see how it works there. Right now it's looking iffy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...-over-strategy
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:38 AM   #33
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyl4200 View Post
I read that in MN originally 78% of workers were deemed "essential." Since then they have expanded the list of essential workers as more industries have petitioned, most recently landscapers and companies that put in docks, not sure what the percentage is now but has to be close to 85%
Yeah, there's not really much actual thought going into the "Essential" designations. Everybody says they're essential. Marijuana shops have been deemed essential, LOL.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #34
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yeah, there's not really much actual thought going into the "Essential" designations. Everybody says they're essential. Marijuana shops have been deemed essential, LOL.
If you close pot shops, people will go back to the black market, which defeats the purpose.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #35
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
They are essential to the states tax income.

I find it interesting that in those states it is legal it is essential but other states still consider it illegal.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:11 AM   #36
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
They are essential to the states tax income.

I find it interesting that in those states it is legal it is essential but other states still consider it illegal.
Just a bunch of hypocrites. It's still classified as a schedule 1 drug alongside heroin. Weed is not the same as heroin.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #37
The Collective Unconscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Might want to wait a bit to see how it works there. Right now it's looking iffy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...-over-strategy
I saw this. Not to be insensitive, but there will be a small spike when opening back up, but the key is to continue the diligent research on effective treatments.

You have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:45 AM   #38
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

I'm a teacher in Pennsylvania. The state has been hit pretty hard, but most of that is in the higher population density areas (and because a bunch of New Yorkers decided to run to the Poconos, bringing the virus with them), though with more testing the numbers are slowly increasing in the less populated "Pennsyltucky" part of the state. Our governor ordered shelter in place to individual counties for a few weeks and as it was apparent that numbers were going up everywhere just at slower rates he issued the order for the whole state. Schools were closed at the end of the day on March 13th.

My district went two weeks before they decided to go ahead with online lessons. Our problem is that the district is spread out. Most of the population is in town but we have a huge land area that we cover that is less populated, but part of the district nonetheless. Internet service is spotty in a lot of those places and doesn't exist in some. Because of that we are not allowed to offer new instruction. We are doing what is called Review and Enrich. So I have been creating review lessons that can be done at home and online (I'm a 7th grade science teacher) which probably 80% of my students can access online and for the other 20% we have to put those lessons in paper form. That document is sent to one secretary who is allowed in buildings and she prints out all of these paper packets to be sent to students who don't have internet. We are continuing the school year until our scheduled last day of June 5th.

All of that background because if we are still ordered to stay home come September, what do we do if we can't offer new instruction? One of the ideas is for the district to push and help fund the expansion of internet in our district to those places that have none. I'm not sure exactly how all of that works because the major internet provider here is Comcast and they don't service past a certain point. What does it take to get them to go past that point? Anyway we would have to get internet (and devices, which the district already has) to everyone.

Now, if we can get everyone hooked up, we could conceivably work this way indefinitely. (Child care becomes an issue as some parents go back to work though. Another issue is that families with several school aged children plus parents that have to work from home with limited devices makes for a logjam on the computer). That allows us to continue educating kids until we are given the all clear.

There really isn't any other way to do it in my opinion. If this is prolonged well into the fall or beyond there will need to be some kind of unique solution that isn't obvious to me right now. Playing with the school calendar or even promotion requirements (which has already happened this school year. We eliminated grades for an entire quarter since we can't grade work.) Maybe staggering when kids come to the school. Some stay home and do online assignments and those who don't have internet get to come in. But then keeping distances even with those few students will be a fight.

In short, I don't think we'll be going back to "normal" school until there is a vaccine widely available, blanket serology testing, and there are no active cases at least in the state. There's just no way to jam that many people into one place at one time and keep proper distances.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #39
In Search of a Life

I know this isn't the flu... but we have vaccines for the Flu and there are still a large number of deaths each year from the flu. 60k plus in 2018, 30k plus last year with the flu shots available each year.
It is becoming more apparent that those under 60 and healthy have the same, or some even project less risk, of dying from Covid-19 compared to the flu. So how long do we go before more in those risk categories die from the economic shut down? It's a fine line, but that will come sooner than many think. Some mock Sweden, but they are in the middle of the pack in Europe for results, while they are most likely building more herd immunity for a potential second wave after the summer months. Only time will tell which approach was correct. However, if we go into mid-Summer with a majority of the country locked down, no live events, concerts or crowds, which would mean no air transportation, public transit or subways, we are in much bigger trouble from the cure than the disease base on new projected mortality rates. The next few weeks will paint a clearer picture to what the actual outcomes are, but we need to protect those that are vulnerable with policy to ensure their jobs are protected if young and compromised, and that they along with older Americans have safe access to goods and services, and the rest of us get back to our lives making sure we following good normal hygiene and masks if necessary. JMO
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #40
The Lurkiest

Well Gov. Little here is afraid to make a decision. He is kicking the can down the road another 14 days. Almost no change to stay at home order.

I think Politicians will refuse to commit to a change. I think that businesses know their business better than anyone. I think states should allow businesses to develop a plan and goverment review the plans.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #41
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I know this isn't the flu... but we have vaccines for the Flu and there are still a large number of deaths each year from the flu. 60k plus in 2018, 30k plus last year with the flu shots available each year.
It is becoming more apparent that those under 60 and healthy have the same, or some even project less risk, of dying from Covid-19 compared to the flu. So how long do we go before more in those risk categories die from the economic shut down? It's a fine line, but that will come sooner than many think. Some mock Sweden, but they are in the middle of the pack in Europe for results, while they are most likely building more herd immunity for a potential second wave after the summer months. Only time will tell which approach was correct. However, if we go into mid-Summer with a majority of the country locked down, no live events, concerts or crowds, which would mean no air transportation, public transit or subways, we are in much bigger trouble from the cure than the disease base on new projected mortality rates. The next few weeks will paint a clearer picture to what the actual outcomes are, but we need to protect those that are vulnerable with policy to ensure their jobs are protected if young and compromised, and that they along with older Americans have safe access to goods and services, and the rest of us get back to our lives making sure we following good normal hygiene and masks if necessary. JMO
Can you please provide me with your references?
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 04-15-2020, 12:34 PM   #42
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
a lot of people still don't get the flu shot which I assume contribute to those deaths.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:37 PM   #43
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
Well Gov. Little here is afraid to make a decision. He is kicking the can down the road another 14 days. Almost no change to stay at home order.

I think Politicians will refuse to commit to a change. I think that businesses know their business better than anyone. I think states should allow businesses to develop a plan and goverment review the plans.
Yes, businesses know their businesses better than the government. Do most businesses have connections or resources with direct contact or access to infectious disease experts? Politicians should do what the scientists recommend. I don't want a bar owner bullshitting their way into opening early, then idiots eating they're against the recommendations of experts and creating another hot spot. Doing shit like that starts this whole mess over again. Do it right the first time so we don't **** ourselves.

I don't disagree that businesses should be proactive and create a plan of action for when they are allowed to safely reopen based on the recommendations of experts.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 04-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #44
He's Mahomie!

Good for you. Keep up the good fight.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:47 PM   #45
El Gato Gordo Loco

We're getting 31,000 new cases a day. Which is level. That is only a result of social distancing. It's true that the warmer weather can help mitigate the spread to some degree, but if you reopen as normal new cases per day will quadruple. At least.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote