Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2024, 09:10 AM  
Starter

What type of Fantasy Football League do you Like?

I'm just curious of those of us who play fantasy, What is your favorite league setup and why? Also, is there anything different that your league does that typically isn't done?

(This thought was prompted by myself and a buddy talking about SuperFlex when I realized how popular SuperFlex is and how it's never really appealed to me at all, maybe I'm just not seeing the forest through the trees)

Personally, My favorite league is one that I commish with a group of my friends. It's a PPR Dynasty Salary Cap league with player contracts and an independent rookie draft annually.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, 1 K and 6 IDPs.
We even have a Restricted Free Agency Period, which I don't see many leagues do but helps keep involvement up in the offseason.

What about you guys?

Last edited by kcgreene; 06-07-2024 at 10:07 AM..
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:22 AM   #31
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
I am exaggerating for sure. having two quarterbacks and weapons is what all teams are striving for.

but someone offered me Tyreek Hill for Kyler Murray and I TURNED HIM DOWN
I'm probably severely overblowing the balance issues in my mind LOL I get it. Maybe I just need to get in a redraft league of it with someone this next season and see how I feel on it.

And yea, especially in Dynasty I can see that being a No from you. With how valuable QBs seem to be in SF, plus Kyler isn't anything to scoff at in fantasy (when he's healthy and playing obviously)
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:25 AM   #32
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
In our superflex league we have always limited teams to 3 active QBs per roster. So nobody can hog up 5 starting QBs.
If I did SF, I feel like there'd have to be a rule like that, I instantly have one friend in mind who would be such a huge dick on this LOL
Old 06-07-2024, 11:27 AM   #33
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Imagine losing a championship and thousands of dollars because the opposing WR/RB caught a ball for no gain.

HPPR/PPR is fun, but I don't think you should get any points for catches in a highly competitive league with a big pot
OK. I can very much understand that for a big money league now when you frame it like that.

And yeah, I'm not saying one is better than the other by any means (different strokes for different folks) but yeah, I'd be pissed if a blown up screen lost me a big money championship.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 11:33 AM   #34
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
Maybe your just playing the wrong format? I got my group together for this contract/salary cap format, some of whom were basically done with fantasy. I think the structure of the league being conducive to multiple off-season activities (We have a Restricted Free Agency, The Rookie Draft, a UDFA bidding window, etc) helps. But honestly, I think any league is only fun when you enjoy the people you're in the league with.

People are on the chat daily in ours, even in the offseason.
I have 4 different leagues of varying skill and buy in:
14 person ppr on sleeper that models DK scoring
10 person league that's standard ppr on nfl.com
10 person half point ppr on espn
12 person superflex league on yahoo with all sorts of weird rules that change every year that I absolutely hate

I might enjoy it again if I got rid of the NFL and Yahoo league as those people aren't so much friends of mine, but friends of friends and an old league I'm too much of a pushover to leave.

Last edited by George Liquor; 06-07-2024 at 12:48 PM..
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:33 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
I'm probably severely overblowing the balance issues in my mind LOL I get it. Maybe I just need to get in a redraft league of it with someone this next season and see how I feel on it.

And yea, especially in Dynasty I can see that being a No from you. With how valuable QBs seem to be in SF, plus Kyler isn't anything to scoff at in fantasy (when he's healthy and playing obviously)

Yeah Kyler is good for fantasy because he runs for his life a lot. When he's healthy he's like the # 5-10 QB in my league's scoring system.

I start Mahomes and Cousins, soon to be Mahomes and Richardson and Kyler is my fourth QB for emergencies.

Considering Tyreek is 30 and already talking about retirement I can't straight up trade Kyler for him just value-wise

I did think about it a while though
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:35 AM   #36
MVP

12 Team H2H PPR w/ Flex + .5-1 pt per reception
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:40 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
For big money leagues, I prefer 12 team standard scoring.

QB
RB1
RB2
WR1
WR2
TE
K
DEF
How big are we talkin?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:42 AM   #38
Consuming CP souls

Football is sooooo much more enjoyable now after quitting that garbage. Anytime I hear someone talk about their league anymore I roll my eyes and walk away
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:43 AM   #39
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
How big are we talkin?
Both of my big money leagues have a $10,000+ pot.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:52 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Football is sooooo much more enjoyable now after quitting that garbage. Anytime I hear someone talk about their league anymore I roll my eyes and walk away
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 11:55 AM   #41
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I have 4 different leagues of varying skill and buy in:
14 person ppr on sleeper that models DK scoring
10 person espn league that's standard ppr on nfl.com
10 person half point ppr on espn
12 person superflex league on yahoo with all sorts of weird rules that change every year that I absolutely hate

I might enjoy it again if I got rid of the NFL and Yahoo league as those people aren't so much friends of mine, but friends of friends and an old league I'm too much of a pushover to leave.
Yeah, thats just too much happening for me. I can do multiple leagues, but 4 different league providers... That would be too many apps and stuff to do every week (especially if 2 of those league I didn't have many friends in there)

And yeah, I like consistent rules. I'm open to rule changes, but they need to have a reason to happen. I wrote out a Constitution for our league so everyone is on an equal playing field on rules (Had one league ruined when I was younger because people kept claiming certain things were cheating or against the spirit of the rules, so I put it together as a 'letter of the law' for us so to speak.)
Old 06-07-2024, 03:15 PM   #42
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
It's not fun when you don't win...try that next time.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 11:23 AM   #43
Veteran

Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-15-2024, 01:21 PM   #44

That’s a pretty brutal list. I’d probably prefer it to the IHOP thing, though.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 04:47 PM   #45
Beer Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
That’s a pretty brutal list. I’d probably prefer it to the IHOP thing, though.
You have to hit the hashbrowns hard. 147 calories for every 25 minutes. There's no better return of time for calories on the menu.
Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.