Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Will you still support the Chiefs and Royals if they move the team?
I would support the Chiefs and Royals 38 26.95%
I would support the Chiefs but not the Royals 54 38.30%
I would support the Royals but not the Chiefs 1 0.71%
I would not support the Chiefs or the Royals 48 34.04%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2024, 05:13 PM   #2
MVP

For some it will depend on who they blame. When Al moved the Raiders to LA he fractured the fan base. That fan base was typically a NorCal blue collar fan base and many blamed Al. I remember bumper stickers on cars back then that said "**** you Al Davis" and many fans vowed to never give a penny towards the team whether it be merch or tickets because that was their protest towards Al.

Raiders picked up a new fan base in LA and some of the home crowd was a bit gangsta but they also picked up a new fan base in central and SoCal.

When they returned to Oakland they had a statewide fan base minus the Niners fans. Same with the Vegas move, many fans stay but many have just walked away from the NFL in general.

I think those of us with grey beards remember when it felt like the local team was part of the local community but today its just a billion dollar entertainment industry
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:14 PM   #3
Mahomes Dynasty

I'll always be a fan of both.

I guess outside of paying for a NFLST pkg I wouldn't go out of my way to financially support the Chiefs.

Last edited by CoMoChief; 04-03-2024 at 05:35 PM..
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:15 PM   #4
Supporter

I'm a Chiefs fan, not a Royals fan though, so that skews it a bit. I'm also not from KC, so I have no particular allegiance to the area. But for the sake of all the Chiefs fans that are, I sincerely hope they do not move.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 05:18 PM   #5
Starter

I stopped being a Royals fan after George Brett. I watched some here and there but I was always frustrated with them losing either in the beggining of the season or at the end... nevertheless, they were irrelevant. I was happy when they won the World Series again but didn't become a fan again. I watch the Giants way more than I do the Royals.

The Chiefs I would follow to Kansas if they moved there. It would be hard if they left the midwest as that is all I know them as. Growing up in the KC area I never saw much of a difference between KCMO and KCK.
mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.mabbott is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 05:19 PM   #6
Would an idiot do that?

Within the KC metro, yes.

If the Royals moved out of the KC area, I'd probably lose most of my interest in them (and currently that's not much anyway). I wasn't die hard by any means, but I watched them a fair amount before their success in 2014/2015, went to several games per year, bought a small game pack in 2014... a big part of those runs were being in KC at the time, going to playoff games for the first time, seeing the city go nuts. If that happened again in a different city? Meh... I wouldn't travel to see them or go out of my way to watch them.

If Mahomes' Chiefs left town, I'd probably follow him... it would be really weird and no idea if I'd feel the same going into playoff games or how I'd feel if they won a SB for another city... but he'd definitely keep me watching. Depends exactly where, but I might even travel for playoff games.

I'm already thinking I'll be done with the NFL after Mahomes (or at least go back to only watching the conference championship games and SB) unless the Chiefs seamlessly move onto another franchise QB, so moving to a different city might actually make for a nice clean (but sad) break if it was after Mahomes retired.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 05:19 PM   #7
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

I had to vote that I would still support the Chiefs but not the Royals because I was not a fan of the Royals in the first place. I am a fan of the Diamondbacks. Snakes Alive!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:24 PM   #8
TACO SALAD

Who knows. Not worth thinking about yet
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:24 PM   #9
MVP

If the Royals continued to be run as poorly as they have been for most of the last 30 years, I wouldn’t support them.

I’d still probably watch every Chiefs game, but I wouldn’t give them any money.

But the Chiefs better not even consider moving anywhere other than Kansas.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:31 PM   #10
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

If the Chiefs relocate to the San Antonio/Austin area I may have to rethink my plans to retire out of state.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:05 PM   #11
Mindful Taoist German

Well St. Louis, put your money where your mouth is.

We all know how much you love to stick it to KC...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:09 PM   #12
Veteran

I have a 4 year old son and one of my dreams is taking him to a home game at Arrowhead. I'd still be a fan if they stayed in Kansas or Missouri. If they moved out of state, I'd be heart broken.

I dont really understand the situation. The Chiefs seem to be deeply ingrained in the community in Missouri. Why did this vote fail?
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:12 PM   #13
Politically Incorrect

Chiefs ain't moving. Quit this stupid shit.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 06:14 PM   #14
Kind of a mod

I'd support the Chiefs. And it's not that I wouldn't support the Royals, I just don't give a shit about the Royals as it is.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 06:19 PM   #15
What's up braj?

Yeah I voted no assuming it meant relocating, not moving within the metro. **** the Clarks and his greediness if he moves to California/Texas or wherever.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote