Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM  
THREEPEAT!!!

I never imagined I'd be back here with another ****SAVE OUR CHIEFS*** thread...

but here we are. This is a long post and there is no getting around that.

Most of you probably know about SOC but it's been 12 years and 3 Super Bowls since then and there has probably been an influx of new users/fans that don't have any idea so I'm gonna briefly recap what happened just so they can keep up with the rest of this post. 12 years ago the people on this forum were the central supporters of one of the most effective fan rebellions against their team, ever. CP trolled on Social Media, trolled on Craigslist, made videos, came together and flew banners, and organized "Blackout Arrowhead" which was so visually impactful that Marv Albert and Rich Gannon mentioned us on air during a game. It was a glorious time in CP history where we literally turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

Why am I back here talking about this? Well, some wild stuff happened, other things may be happening, and something for sure is happening. I'll elaborate.

Wild Stuff Happened:

MartyMac (SOC & part time CP'er) sent me a message a few months ago to let me know that someone, who very much wanted to remain anonymous (Marty is the only guy who knows who the person is and he isn't telling), wanted to express gratitude for what we did in 2012 with SOC. He asked for ring sizes. A few months later... this shows up. One for each of us.

It is mind blowing to think that the effort put forth by this community into a plan I brought to you played a part in a butterfly effect of events where our team has now won 3 Super Bowls, has become a dynasty, and we literally have the best QB in football history. I wanted to reach out and thank everyone here who donated money/time/voice in support of SOC. Without you none of this happens. I honestly and truthfully believe that if we don't revolt... nothing changes and Pioli would have returned in 2013. WE (CP/SOC) did that.

Wild Stuff *MAY* Be Happening:

I don't have many details yet but there is, apparently, interest in a 30 for 30 style documentary based on the events of the 2012 fan revolt in KC with Bob Fescoe attached. All of this is in it's earliest of stages and no clue if it will actually happen or not but if it does happen... CP will likely play a prominent role in the whole thing. Some may be asked to participate via interviews if they wish to.

What is *ACUTALLY* Happening:

An impromptu CP/SOC get together. This Saturday at Chapelle's at 7PM. The back room is reserved. MartyMac wants to do a "ring presentation" for the fellas involved in SOC but more than anything... we just want to hang out for a while. We never really got to do that as a group since, at the time, we were spread all over the US. Since CP was the cradle of SOC we figured we would extend the invitation to those of you who might be interested in meeting/hanging out/celebrating the success of the Chiefs since Pioli was fired.

To be clear... your tab is your own. LOL
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #31
THREEPEAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Am I taking crazy pills or was there a brief moment where it was believed Mike Shanahan would be hired as the Chiefs coach?
THE DEAL IS DONE!

/Nick Athan
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Am I taking crazy pills or was there a brief moment where it was believed Mike Shanahan would be hired as the Chiefs coach?
I remember wanting Chip Kelley over Andy.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #33
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I remember being excited when Crennel got the job.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #34
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
This is my go-to when people ask me if im a bandwagon fan.

Matter of fact, someone asked me that again the other day.

People like to assume that you're a Chiefs fan because of their recent success. Annoying.

Im like, "bro, i was a Chiefs fan back when they were winning 2 games, murdering their pregnant GF's and then offin' themselves in the parking lot. Don't tell me 'bout no bandwagon shit..."
I was in a healthy debate with Browns fans on lows of a franchise. Admittedly they've had it pretty tough. However, when I mentioned you have not hit rock bottom as a franchise until a player murders someone and then offs himself in the parking lot in front of the coach and GM... well they had nothing.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #35
I'll be back.

Quote:
Yep. That was the end of WPI.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #36
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Just imagine if it was piloli instead. This place would have had a party so big we'd still be all hungover.
My wife didn't understand why every time Pioli is on television I would say "f that guy"... She finally asked me why I hated him so much and I graciously explained the history. Now she knows how much of a douche two faced mf'er he is. (Cut her some slack, she isn't from KC and didn't know the "dark years")
mabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmabbott is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #37
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Remember when Peyton Manning was reportedly going to stop in KC, then his plane didn't land, went straight to Denver, and he signed that day?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #38
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabbott View Post
My wife didn't understand why every time Pioli is on television I would say "f that guy"... She finally asked me why I hated him so much and I graciously explained the history. Now she knows how much of a douche two faced mf'er he is. (Cut her some slack, she isn't from KC and didn't know the "dark years")

Did you tell her about the gum wrapper in the stairwell?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #39
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Damn we are the same kind of stupid. I wanted Chip Kelley and to draft Mariota
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Remember when Peyton Manning was reportedly going to stop in KC, then his plane didn't land, went straight to Denver, and he signed that day?
I remember thinking his shoulder was washed and that we got the better Peyton when we signed Hillis. Turns out he had a few more years in that shoulder and the great white hope wasn't so great.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #41
MVP

This is awesome. I was primarily a lurker in those days but it was a great thread/movement that took on its own life.
IMO SOC was the turning point in making the Chiefs return to a respected franchise.

Congratulations.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM   #42
Live free or die hard

I'll be there is spirit and hoping to see a documentary come into fruition. It's certainly deserving and one that would integrate the fans and team into the story equally which is rare.

Well done, gentlemen.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #43
Supporter

Remember it well. A couple of my buddies were quite taken aback and saying things like, "Those guys just don't give a damn"....I had to fill them in that it was BACAUSE we gave a damn that it was happening.
Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #44

That's awesome, man! Well deserved. That SOC game was pretty amazing. Still have my sweatshirt. Sat with our long lost Planeteer, Phobia for that one. Somewhere there is a big picture of a ton of Planeteers all out in the parking lot. Wild to remember it now.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #45
Has a particular set of skills

The blackout did them in finally. It was a stunning site. Hunt couldn't ignore that.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.