Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 07:39 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Rumor: Creed & Butker getting new deals

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:27 AM   #31
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Only have Thuney for 1 more year in all likelihood. And any contract can be made palatable for a season.

But we've said for years that sooner or later Mahomes will have to do more and more as his contract gets more and more expensive. And some of those sacrifices have obviously been made with his weapons. The next may well be on the IOL.

I've actually been pretty shocked by the Chiefs willingness to cut corners at OT given Reid's history with the shell concept. But I feel like this may be similar to how they've handled WR over the next year or two. They'll look for solid veteran stopgaps while dedicating additional resources in the draft to rebuilding the depth chart.

Honestly I still wonder if that's not why they're seemingly opposed to Wanya Morris at LT - I think they really would like to see him take over for Smith at RG. And I think that would be a pretty nice little move for KC.
Honestly if the Chiefs took a highly rated G prospect in the first rd to replace Thuney I wouldn’t be mad.

A guy like Graham Barton for example. I think IOL is more important to Mahomes than tackles. He can maneuver the tackle problems but not interior pressure.

It’s not that likely to me but if it happened I’d be more than fine with it
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:29 AM   #32
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Honestly if the Chiefs took a highly rated G prospect in the first rd to replace Thuney I wouldn’t be mad.

A guy like Graham Barton for example. I think IOL is more important to Mahomes than tackles. He can maneuver the tackle problems but not interior pressure.

If FAU, Worthy, and Kingsley have good seasons, I'd be even more for it.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #33
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPriest2 View Post
How? Where’s the money?

We have 15 mil this season and 13 for next
Thuney and Taylor won't have the cap hits they do at the moment.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:33 AM   #34
In Search of a Life

Nah, I'd not take a G that early, especially if you Kinglsey and Taylor and Creed are here playing well.

Keep picking away in the mid rounds and see if you can't develop them.

In terms of the first next year, DT seems to be a big spot for me.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #35
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Ricky doesn’t make up things.
Ricky don't lose that number...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #36
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Odd photo choice...
Thinking the same thing.
ESPN keeps showing that Where's the Wolf thing FWIW
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #37
Starter

Quote:
But we've said for years that sooner or later Mahomes will have to do more and more as his contract gets more and more expensive.
This logic seemed sound at the time, but I'm not sure people anticipated how many teams would give their inferior QBs ridiculous new deals on par with Mahomes. This should only help the Chiefs with more available dollars for signing other players when compared to the rest of the league. If Mahomes remains content with the current contract, the Chiefs should be in a pretty strong position with building the roster at this point thanks to the rest of the NFL overspending on their QBs.

*** Edit *** Sorry - just noticed the "Mahomes isn't underpaid" string that is more or less the same discussion.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #38
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Nah, I'd not take a G that early, especially if you Kinglsey and Taylor and Creed are here playing well.

Keep picking away in the mid rounds and see if you can't develop them.

In terms of the first next year, DT seems to be a big spot for me.
I feel this way too. And they have that extra early 3rd from the Titans. I’d bet Veach uses that to trade up for someone.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #39
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

I still think you focus on positional value.

The odds of me getting someone 90% as good as Barton in the 2nd or 3rd rounds is substantially higher than me getting a valuable pass rusher or OT in those rounds.

I think you just keep playing large numbers and see how it goes.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #40
Rufus Dawes Jr.

If Suamataia pans out, it really does free up the next draft. And I think OG and DT seem to be the most obvious fits. All that said, getting deals done with Creed and Butker now makes a ton of sense. I think Bolton is the most difficult to deal with. I'm all for paying him market price, I just don't want to overpay the dude. LB market as we have seen is all over the place.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:

The odds of me getting someone 90% as good as Barton in the 2nd or 3rd rounds is substantially higher than me getting a valuable pass rusher or OT in those rounds.

Keep swinging your pick at T's, DE's, WR's and DT's in the first.

DT needs some investment.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #42
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Only have Thuney for 1 more year in all likelihood. And any contract can be made palatable for a season.

But we've said for years that sooner or later Mahomes will have to do more and more as his contract gets more and more expensive. And some of those sacrifices have obviously been made with his weapons. The next may well be on the IOL.

I've actually been pretty shocked by the Chiefs willingness to cut corners at OT given Reid's history with the shell concept. But I feel like this may be similar to how they've handled WR over the next year or two. They'll look for solid veteran stopgaps while dedicating additional resources in the draft to rebuilding the depth chart.

Honestly I still wonder if that's not why they're seemingly opposed to Wanya Morris at LT - I think they really would like to see him take over for Smith at RG. And I think that would be a pretty nice little move for KC.
Yeah, we have to resign those two even if they get paid as the highest in the game. They are the best C and K in the game.

How many times has Butker made a long kick to save the game or give Mahomes another shot to win? Thats sooo valuable. Look what happened to Buffalo....wide right on an average kick length. We all assume the guy is going to make it when he lines up.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:59 AM
crispystl
This message has been deleted by crispystl.
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:

I agree.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 10:20 AM   #44
sorta mod-ish

Well deserved for both these guys. Now let's have Creed hit Mahomes in the numbers with 95%+ of his shotgun snaps this season. And Butker can just do what Butker does; we don't win it all last season without him.

Quote:
Yeah, I love Smith. Great attitude, good bit of nasty to have on the line. Smart, physical player and a real nice complementary part on the OL.

But this is a passing team and he's more of a road-grater of an IOL. He's just not quite the right fit. He has more value to a team like the Titans or Ravens or even 49ers than he has to us.

I think we have to mentally prepare for him moving on. It just doesn't make sense for this team to pay $20 million to an OG. Especially when said OG isn't a premier pass protector.
I hate this take, but I agree with it. Smith is nasty when he's on, but he'd be the prototypical guard in a Harbaugh offense. He'd definitely been more than adequate for us, but he'd shine in a run first offense.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #45
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Well deserved for both these guys. Now let's have Creed hit Mahomes in the numbers with 95%+ of his shotgun snaps this season. And Butker can just do what Butker does; we don't win it all last season without him.

I hate this take, but I agree with it. Smith is nasty when he's on, but he'd be the prototypical guard in a Harbaugh offense. He'd definitely been more than adequate for us, but he'd shine in a run first offense.
I still love the fact that if Butker stays in KC with Mahomes and they both retire at the same time (while continuing at this level of performance) it will be BUTKER that is the all time leader in playoff games played, not Mahomes.

And there's a non-zero chance that it happens.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.