Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 AM  
v^V^v^V^v^V^

All-Pro Football 2k8 site updated with screens; videos coming soon

http://2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

The first video will premiere on SpikeTV tonight/tomorrow at Midnight CDT, and be available on Gametrailers.com thirty minutes later. The trailer will arrive on Monday.

Feature list, courtesy 2K Sports
  • LEGENDS - Over 240 NFL legends make their return to the gridiron, including Hall of Famers such as Johnny Unitas, Dick Butkus, Joe Montana, Mike Singletary, Reggie White and Walter Payton.
  • SIGNATURE STYLE - Legends have their own signature moves in the game - Barry's spin, Walter's scissors kick, Jerry's one-handed grabŃthey're all there.
  • 2K SPORTS LEGACY - For the first time ever 2K Sports, the developers of top selling football games, will bring their critically acclaimed gameplay & graphics to the next generation platforms.
  • ALL-NEW PLAYER ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM - Gone are the 0-100 ratings so common for players in a simulation game. In APF the players have unique attributes that give them specialized skills. There are over a hundred distinct attributes available.
  • REACH TACKLE SYSTEM - Revolutionary new tackling scheme utilizes the right analog stick to allow you to make those last grasp tackles and stop a runner in his tracks.
  • INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION - Create-a-player, build your roster, edit your team logo, colorize of every aspect of your team uniforms, customize your playbook, and choose your own celebrations after touchdowns, sacks and big plays.
  • ADVANCED PLAY CALLING - Modify your playbook and set your coach tendencies so you can play football the way you want to.
  • 2K SPORTS ONLINE - Full league and tournament support, league and schedule customization options.
  • 2K SPORTS FIELD PASS - New presentation style will combine TV broadcast with on field commentary bringing you closer to the action.
  • 2K BEATS – The All-Pro Football Soundtrack features originals, remixes and mashups produced by Z-Trip and featuring: Rakim, Dead Prez, Charli 2na, Slug, Aceyalone, Casual, Pep Love, Lateef, Gift of Gab, Keno 1, DJ Faust, Chevelle, Clutch, Dub Trio, Natural Self, Backyard Bangers, Deftones and Rush.

And the screens, well... they're verrrry interesting.
Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #31
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
SWEET! We used to play 4 or 5 seasons A WEEK on TSB.

So basically you have no interest in playing the single player game at all. I see. Your stance makes sense if that's all your interested in, because Madden is one of the dumbest online games ever. That being said, even if the game performed PERFECTLY I would have no desire to play online. Take the normal childishness here and multiply it by 1000...that's the state of today's online gaming.
I will play single player for a few games. Get the hang of it, then, i go online. I actually do play a season mode, but its online season mode. I have been playing the 2k games online for a while now. I know the guys over on the 2k forums. We all have a "community" so to speak, and we all play the game fair, and play the game the way football is meant to be played. Its a freaking blast. I have a online season already set up, the game just needs to drop.
Quote:

Actually, that's where you assumed wrong. Madden and NCAA are developed by two completely different groups and while there are similarities in terms of controls and buttons and stuff, the gamplay engines are completely different. Not only that, but they get more different every year. As they add special features surrounding star players and performance (in an effort to capture atmostphere) they're adding completely different features to each game because they're trying to capture two completely different atmospheres. I haven't played NCAA online, and I'm guessing it will suffer from many of the headaches Madden does, because the engine can be exploited for the purposes of cheesing. To me, that's not a flaw in the game. That's a flaw in the gaming community.
I may assume wrong, but most people that i know tell me the games do not differ much. The people that tell me this i trust. Maybe for some its different? i dont know, i do know is that i dont like wasting 60 bucks on a game. I try to be smart about my purchases now days.

EA tries to have a more arcade style to their games. I understand why they do this though. So they can maximize profits. I am looking for a more sim style of a game. If i wanted arcade style, i can play nfl blitz or something like that.

I will see what NCAA is about though when it drops. hopefully there will be a demo on xboxlive marketplace.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #32
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I may assume wrong, but most people that i know tell me the games do not differ much. The people that tell me this i trust. Maybe for some its different? i dont know, i do know is that i dont like wasting 60 bucks on a game. I try to be smart about my purchases now days.

EA tries to have a more arcade style to their games. I understand why they do this though. So they can maximize profits. I am looking for a more sim style of a game. If i wanted arcade style, i can play nfl blitz or something like that.
On the surface, they look alot alike. The casual gamer will tell you that they're alike because most of the controls are the same. Of course, alot of the buttons did the same thing on Madden that they did on 2K5, that doesn't make the games alike.

Take it from someone who doesn't like Madden at all and at the same time has logged hundreds of hours of NCAA over the last few years -- they're not the same.

Furthermore, while both titles (Madden and NCAA) play more "arcadey" right out of the box, both games can offer more of a sim-feel with a bit of slider tweaking. That slider tweaking isn't the sole domain of Madden - 2K5 required quite a bit of tweaking as well to get it to play realistic.

Look at it this way:
A Jaguar S-type looks a bit like the Hyndai Elantra, but underneath the hood, they're not the same.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #33
Media Center Guy

http://2ksportsfootball.com/

Here is a pretty cool site that covers all the APF2k8 news.

EDIT:

kcxiv, I noticed you helped submit the front page story. Nice job.
Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #34
Beyond the Rapids

htismaqe is exactly right. Madden is an inferior product and has been for some time. They were right to pay the NFL whatever they paid them for the exclusive rights.

And yet, there are still preorder lists, still people waiting outside the store on release morning, still people taking the day off work when Madden comes out.

It's because it's the NFL. You get to line up your favorite team against your bitter rivals, you get to see players that you already know. It gives the game personality to see Larry Johnson in the backfield and for your team to play its games at Arrowhead.

Great gameplay is nice, but if it's the Kansas City Chiefs breaking the huddle at Arrowhead, with a minute left in the game with snow coming down and the Denver Broncos staring across the line of scrimmage, that means something. If Joe Jones of the Kansas City Mashers drives in for a touchdown at 2K Sports stadium to win the Awesome bowl... that doesn't really mean anything.

People think the license doesn't matter, but it does. That's what keeps people buying garbage like the first 'next-gen' Madden game was, or all the baseball franchises basically. When I play a football game I want to see my teams, my players, in the league I care about.

Computer generated players playing for imaginary teams in a league that doesn't exist doesn't increase realism, it descreases it.

Hopefully, however, this is a tune-up for when 2k can get the real license again, and drop real players and teams into the game.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #35
Beyond the Rapids

There is VERY little in common between NCAA and Madden. You can tell if you've played a single down in both games that the game engine is different, the physics work differently, the offenses and defenses function differently. They are different in most every way. The only similarity really is the sport they both mimic.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #36
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
SWEET! We used to play 4 or 5 seasons A WEEK on TSB.

Do you emulate?
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #37
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
The average franchise mode player never completes season 3. I read that on a sports gaming BB.
Well, if the bastards at EA hadn't gotten exclusivity I would have finished my third year of Franchise Mode on NFL2k5. OK, OK...my son screwed up the disc. He scratched the crap out of it and it would freeze up every few seconds. He would play it and the little shit got used to playing it with the freezes and would whip up on his sister. I finally found another copy for $5 and he is back to low man on the totem pole.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #38
Media Center Guy

Quote:
Great gameplay is nice, but if it's the Kansas City Chiefs breaking the huddle at Arrowhead, with a minute left in the game with snow coming down and the Denver Broncos staring across the line of scrimmage, that means something. If Joe Jones of the Kansas City Mashers drives in for a touchdown at 2K Sports stadium to win the Awesome bowl... that doesn't really mean anything.
I'm willing to sacrifice that to support 2k in this venture. At least they got some great retired players and it looks like they were able to capture many of their playing styles. If it requires that Len Dawson throwing to Jerry Rice and handing off to Christian Okoye on an imaginary team in an imaginary stadium, I'm willing to do that. I'm also excited to play as DT again. To top that off, the newest Game Informer pretty much says the gameplay is all there. I know where my $59.99 is going.

2k > EA
Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM   #39
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraus
I'm willing to sacrifice that to support 2k in this venture. At least they got some great retired players and it looks like they were able to capture many of their playing styles. If it requires that Len Dawson throwing to Jerry Rice and handing off to Christian Okoye on an imaginary team in an imaginary stadium, I'm willing to do that. I'm also excited to play as DT again. To top that off, the newest Game Informer pretty much says the gameplay is all there. I know where my $59.99 is going.

2k > EA
Gameplay is all that matters. I will sacrifice the NFL in order to play the 2k game. THey always put out a better product. From NHL, NBA and football. I have no idea about baseball. 2k8 game is good, but they do have a few annoying things on that game.

Anyways, less then a month away, and i am back to gaming online football. I cannot wait.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

New screenshots. Look at the Singletary one, the detail of his jersey is just sick.

More Screenshots here...

http://gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/previe...Football%202K8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	70351   Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	70352   Click image for larger version

Name:	38.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	70353   Click image for larger version

Name:	41.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	70354  
Old 06-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #41
Media Center Guy

Very cool, thanks for the pics.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #42
The Wait Is Over

I just can't get past the fake teams. I play football games to play with real teams both college and pro. 2k8 could end up having the best game play, graphics, etc I and still wouldn't play it. To each his own I reckon.
Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Archie Bunker must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #43
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I just can't get past the fake teams. I play football games to play with real teams both college and pro. 2k8 could end up having the best game play, graphics, etc I and still wouldn't play it. To each his own I reckon.
So, what your saying is, hey i like this game becuase it has the NFL logo's, but its really not fun. I also dont like this game, becuase its fun, but doesnt have the NFL teams? hmm......
Old 06-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #44
Woman should only make babies

The year is 2020 the nfl is dead because they were too greedy. Now a new league forms. No salaries, no media contracts, just the game baby.

*pans out with killswitch engage play doom death metal being flying in on a blimp* This summer get ready for
real football

*Capin' crunch cameo... PART OF THIS BALANCED BREAKFAST"
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #45
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
So, what your saying is, hey i like this game becuase it has the NFL logo's, but its really not fun. I also dont like this game, becuase its fun, but doesnt have the NFL teams? hmm......
That's precisely what he's saying.

Gameplay isn't everything. Part of the gaming experience is immersion in the game itself - the atmosphere, the aesthetics.

In essence, you've already explained that you don't care about those things. You're in it purely for the competition. To you, playing video game football is the same as playing poker or chess.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.