Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2023, 11:03 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]

Interesting

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:30 AM   #4411
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Kinda depends on if Hardman and James decide to come back. James was on a one year deal and was already asking to be traded before we activated him off of IR. Hardman was a one year deal as well and they may not bring him back because he can't stay healthy. You're correct with Moore and Toney though. They'll be back.
True, forgot James was on a 1-year deal. My hope is that now that he's healthy he becomes a contributor. Dude caught 60ish passes from Daniel Jones FFS, he should be a nice piece to have around.

Those types of guys serve a purpose, but the idea of building a WR room full of guys like him and Mooney/Hollywood is no bueno.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:32 AM   #4412
Veteran

Really now we are talking about Mooney as our #1? Jesus

Veach needs to get a top 10 WR OR a top 3 WR in the draft.

Current NFL guys:
Cooper Kupp-Makes sense for both teams
Mike Evans-Will cost but could easily happen
DK Metcalf-Don't think Seattle would take the cap hit but who knows
Terry McLaurin-Don't see new staff sending away a young weapon
JuJu-IF Pats go new staff sure I can see this happen in a trade
Kyle Pitts-Not a WR but could see this happen to hedge many things.

Draft:
Marvin Harrison JR-Would cost a Julio Jones type trade(2-1st, 1-2nd and a mid round pick). Maybe get something from a CJ trade and package that with our picks to go get him! Would be a ALL IN LETS GO type of move by Veach.

Malik Nabers-Guessing around 8-12 pick and much easier to trade up and get. If he was 4inches taller he would go before Harrison Jr. if you ask me. I personally am tired of these 6ft tall guys but the talent is there to be a #1 WR in Reids WCO because of his great route running!!! Not your elite vertical threat though.

Rome Odunze-Kinda a less sexy Harrison Jr. Could end up being the best out of all the WRs in the class and can be had around 10-14 range. High school sprinter at 6'4 with equal short and vertical game. My favorite part...hands! and his ability to go after a contested ball! something we have zero of ATM. Not a great blocker and can get pressed at the line. Seems to mellow if that makes sense?

Several others that could go mid 1st and late 1st. Pretty good WR draft overall but I still think Veach should move up and get a top guy!

Also could go after Brock Bowers, TE from Georgia. Guy is crazy good but Veach would need to move up around 10 to get him. I'm not sure if Veach was that into moving up for a play making pass catcher that he would go with Bowers over say Nabers or Odunze. BUT man watching the packages of Kelce+Bowers would be insane!

I'd probably rather see Veach go after Kyle Pitts AND trade up to get a top WR in the draft. Kelce+Pitts+Rookie WR+Rice+our other trash would make me happy!
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:41 AM   #4413
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post

Current NFL guys:

Draft:
Marvin Harrison JR-Would cost a Julio Jones type trade(2-1st, 1-2nd and a mid round pick). Maybe get something from a CJ trade and package that with our picks to go get him! Would be a ALL IN LETS GO type of move by Veach.

Malik Nabers-Guessing around 8-12 pick and much easier to trade up and get. If he was 4inches taller he would go before Harrison Jr. if you ask me. I personally am tired of these 6ft tall guys but the talent is there to be a #1 WR in Reids WCO because of his great route running!!! Not your elite vertical threat though.

Rome Odunze-Kinda a less sexy Harrison Jr. Could end up being the best out of all the WRs in the class and can be had around 10-14 range. High school sprinter at 6'4 with equal short and vertical game. My favorite part...hands! and his ability to go after a contested ball! something we have zero of ATM. Not a great blocker and can get pressed at the line. Seems to mellow if that makes sense?

Several others that could go mid 1st and late 1st. Pretty good WR draft overall but I still think Veach should move up and get a top guy!

Also could go after Brock Bowers, TE from Georgia. Guy is crazy good but Veach would need to move up around 10 to get him. I'm not sure if Veach was that into moving up for a play making pass catcher that he would go with Bowers over say Nabers or Odunze. BUT man watching the packages of Kelce+Bowers would be insane!

I'd probably rather see Veach go after Kyle Pitts AND trade up to get a top WR in the draft. Kelce+Pitts+Rookie WR+Rice+our other trash would make me happy!
We aren't going to get any draft capital for CJ. I doubt the front office are going to
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:45 AM   #4414
MVP

Quote:

Current NFL guys:

Draft:

Man, you might as well just check out now, because not a single thing on your wishlist is going to happen.

You just went total Ree-run.

None of those players are going to be available, or within KC's price range. None.

You should probably just find another hobby and stop watching Chiefs football.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:46 AM   #4415
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
True, forgot James was on a 1-year deal. My hope is that now that he's healthy he becomes a contributor. Dude caught 60ish passes from Daniel Jones FFS, he should be a nice piece to have around.

Those types of guys serve a purpose, but the idea of building a WR room full of guys like him and Mooney/Hollywood is no bueno.
Young free agents that have had 1,000 yard seasons?

Ok.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:55 AM   #4416
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Young free agents that have had 1,000 yard seasons?

Ok.
****, Chris - he's done it ONE ****ING TIME.

And he's not even hit 1000 yards COMBINED the last two years.

Tyler Boyd has had TWO 1000 yard seasons - no ****ing way I want him as our WR1.

Chase Claypool has come damn close. **** that.

Donovan Peoples-Jones came close once too.

Being a 1000 yard WR once, 3 ****ing years ago means shit.

We need to stop treating the WR position like that meme that shows a broken record player(?) with a note that says "doesn't work, but could be fun to fix!"

No more projects. PLEASE.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 12-13-2023 at 11:02 AM..
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:57 AM   #4417
Veteran

Quote:
Man, you might as well just check out now, because not a single thing on your wishlist is going to happen.

You just went total Ree-run.

None of those players are going to be available, or within KC's price range. None.

You should probably just find another hobby and stop watching Chiefs football.
MUCH higher odds than Veach and Reid's big off season plan being go after Mooney as our fix all HAHAHA
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:04 AM   #4418
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
****, Chris - he's done it ONE ****ING TIME.

And he's not even hit 1000 yards COMBINED the last two years.

Tyler Boyd has had TWO 1000 yard seasons - no ****ing way I want him as our WR1.

Chase Claypool has come damn close. **** that.

Donovan Peoples-Jones came close once too.

Being a 1000 yard WR once, 3 ****ing years ago means shit.

We need to stop treating the WR position like that meme that shows a broken record player(?) with a note that says "doesn't work, but could be fun to fix!"
He caught 60 balls as a rookie. he caught 80 and went for 1000 in his second year. In his third, he only caught 40, but he missed 5 games with an injury and that is with Fields, who can't play NFL QB. Dude cannot read a defense. This year, he's been #2 to Moore. This is not a case of a guy that's a bum and never did anything. He's 26 and will not cost even as much as MVS.

This isn't a "do I want Jamarr Chase, or do I want Darnell Mooney" situation. This isn't a "do I want Boyd, or Higgins, or just take Mooney' situation.

This is a moronic argument.

He's an affordable young player that has produced, and still has upside.

He would immediately be the best receiver we have, without question. He knows this offense. He put up 1000 yards with ****ing Trubisky.

he'll be cheaper than we paid for MVS even. It's a no ****ing brainer.

Go draft a WR in the first, you've got Rice in year two, and a guy who's shown he can play.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:05 AM   #4419
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Mooney is a sub 4.4 WR, with experience in this system, that had a 80 catches for 1000 yard season in year two in Chicago, in 2021 under Nagy. He's still 26 years old. We don't have a guy that's done more than half of that in any one season on the roster.

The last two seasons have been a dumpster fire in Chicago. There's good reason to think he'd be a productive player here with much better QB play.
That logic didn't work with Toney.

Stop with the "let's take a WR who hasn't shown consistent production elsewhere and think he can magically be turned into a productive WR just because he'd be playing with Mahomes" bullshit.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:06 AM   #4420
MVP

Quote:
MUCH higher odds than Veach and Reid's big off season plan being go after Mooney as our fix all HAHAHA
Wait and see, champ.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:07 AM   #4421
Veteran

Quote:
He caught 60 balls as a rookie. he caught 80 and went for 1000 in his second year. In his third, he only caught 40, but he missed 5 games with an injury and that is with Fields, who can't play NFL QB. Dude cannot read a defense. This year, he's been #2 to Moore. This is not a case of a guy that's a bum and never did anything. He's 26 and will not cost even as much as MVS.

This isn't a "do I want Jamarr Chase, or do I want Darnell Mooney" situation. This isn't a "do I want Boyd, or Higgins, or just take Mooney' situation.

This is a moronic argument.

He's an affordable young player that has produced, and still has upside.

He would immediately be the best receiver we have, without question. He knows this offense. He put up 1000 yards with ****ing Trubisky.

he'll be cheaper than we paid for MVS even. It's a no ****ing brainer.

Go draft a WR in the first, you've got Rice in year two, and a guy who's shown he can play.
If Mooney is so good how the heck will Veach sign him for cheaper than MVS? Just you and Veach know about Mooney?
Old 12-13-2023, 11:11 AM   #4422
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
That logic didn't work with Toney.

Stop with the "let's take a WR who hasn't shown consistent production elsewhere and think he can magically be turned into a productive WR just because he'd be playing with Mahomes" bullshit.
Well, friend, you're not getting Tyreek Hill back. By the way-we had diminishing returns two seasons in a row with Hill. Is that Hill's fault? NO, it isn't-the problem was roster problems elsewhere that we needed to invest picks and money in. So we did. And we won a Super Bowl. Less than a year ago.

Now guess what? Half of our defense is up for free agency, and we're going to have to make some pretty tough decisions.

If you think they're going to go drop $25m+ on a WR, you're smoking crack.

They're going to try to draft and develop the next group of stars, and they're going to fill in with affordable vets. It's the only way to challenge for a championship EVERY year of Mahomes' career. And it's not always going to work. Shit happens. Guys don't pan out sometimes. You don't panic, freak out, and mortgage everything just because it didn't work out once.

You get back to work, and you try again. Hopefully wiser.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:13 AM   #4423
Veteran

Quote:
Wait and see, champ.
Going after Mooney as our #1 WR is not what Veach does. Many examples of this. Veach will go after the top WRs in the NFL and Draft. He might not get a deal that makes him pull the trigger but I think its more likely IF he wants Mooney that he gets a true #1 and also adds a guy like Mooney to pair with that #1 guy and Rice. NOT bank on Mooney as our top guy.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:15 AM   #4424
MVP

Quote:
If Mooney is so good how the heck will Veach sign him for cheaper than MVS? Just you and Veach know about Mooney?
Dude, what the **** is up your ass, exactly?

Mooney is on a bad team in a bad situation, but under Nagy was much better.

If he was a 1000 yard guy with Fields, he wouldn't be available.

There is no ****ing way KC is going to go buy a #1 All-Pro WR. None.

****ing forget about it.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:16 AM   #4425
MVP

I'll gracefully bow out, because we have a fundamental difference in what is considered productive and the assumption that because someone did it once, they can do it again.

Sorry that I'm not interested in more projects that have a better chance of not working out that working out.