Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #421
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Also im a few pages late, but please don't put fake hood pins, fake hood scoops, fake side scoops, or any other 'fake' part on your car that would normally supposed to be functional.

Shit is whack.

I was filling my truck the other day when an old Mustang pulled up to the pump next to me. Good looking car, guessing it was about a '67, healthy sounding V8, and a big ole ricer wing mounted to the back.
I thought about saying something but after running through the probable conversations there was no way it worked out so that I didn't come off sounding like a douche so I just kept my mouth shut.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #422
Mod Team

Well put a for sale sign on my car in my driveway and had a note already this morning. Called back and left message, haven't heard back yet. Two other texts from people asking about car.

Hope this goes easy and smooth but I doubt it will. One guy asking mechanical questions through text and I told him to call me if he'd like to discuss it more. Nothing back...........
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #423
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post

I was filling my truck the other day when an old Mustang pulled up to the pump next to me. Good looking car, guessing it was about a '67, healthy sounding V8, and a big ole ricer wing mounted to the back.
I thought about saying something but after running through the probable conversations there was no way it worked out so that I didn't come off sounding like a douche so I just kept my mouth shut.
Color?
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #424
Mod Team

I've got an SCT tuner and as I mentioned my speedometer is off as the computer wasn't changed from 3:55 gears to the 4:10 gears. So my speedometer reads much faster than my car is going. Is this easy to change with the SCT tuner and can I do it myself without ****ing something up?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #425
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I've got an SCT tuner and as I mentioned my speedometer is off as the computer wasn't changed from 3:55 gears to the 4:10 gears. So my speedometer reads much faster than my car is going. Is this easy to change with the SCT tuner and can I do it myself without ****ing something up?
Depends on the model of tuner. Some of the higher end SCT tuners do have speedometer calibration.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #426
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
Depends on the model of tuner. Some of the higher end SCT tuners do have speedometer calibration.
Well wouldn't it be axle ratio I am setting, which should change the speedometer?
Old 04-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #427
Supporter

I used to have an SCT handheld tuner for my Mustangs. I remember changing the rear axle ratio myself. I also remember changing the revolutions per mile when I went with larger tires.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #428
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
I used to have an SCT handheld tuner for my Mustangs. I remember changing the rear axle ratio myself. I also remember changing the revolutions per mile when I went with larger tires.
I guess I'll watch the disc and see if I feel comfortable doing it. I know you can freeze shit on your car if you do it wrong and that's a bit scary to me. Maybe I could just take it to my mechanic and they could do it in a few minutes I would think?
Old 04-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #429
Supporter

Quote:
I guess I'll watch the disc and see if I feel comfortable doing it. I know you can freeze shit on your car if you do it wrong and that's a bit scary to me. Maybe I could just take it to my mechanic and they could do it in a few minutes I would think?
You can do it, man. Do you have a custom dyno tune on it, or just the default tune that came from SCT?
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #430
Supporter

Quote:
Well wouldn't it be axle ratio I am setting, which should change the speedometer?
Yep!
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #431
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
You can do it, man. Do you have a custom dyno tune on it, or just the default tune that came from SCT?
Great question. I suppose I might need to call my FIL. I am assuming this matters for changing the axle ratio or are you just wondering for curiosities sake?
Old 04-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #432
Shit

You are smart enough to figure out how to change an axle ratio in the tuner if it's capable
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #433
Supporter

Quote:
Great question. I suppose I might need to call my FIL. I am assuming this matters for changing the axle ratio or are you just wondering for curiosities sake?
It has been a couple years since I've used one of these but I remember it being pretty self-explanatory. However, you'll have to select which tune to edit in the very beginning.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #434
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
You are smart enough to figure out how to change an axle ratio in the tuner if it's capable

It's the uncertainty of doing something to a machine that I can damage. I'm a slow learner, if you haven't gained that from this board.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #435
Supporter

Quote:

It's the uncertainty of doing something to a machine that I can damage. I'm a slow learner, if you haven't gained that from this board.
Google is your friend. There is plenty of "how to" out on the web.