Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

***The Official EMAW Repository thread***

I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:28 AM   #4321
Prestige Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’ve missed shit here.

Colin Klein taking a lateral move to get his face kicked in at an SEC school is related to Jerome Tang how?
No. Just a coincidence.

Their president just axed one of their players that was on diversion. The president used the AD to deliver the message....I guess...but, everyone is freaking out Tang is going to leave because the president of the university 'overstepped his boundaries' and axed the player.

From an outsider's perspective, the fans needs to chill....it's one player.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:53 AM   #4322
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
No. Just a coincidence.

Their president just axed one of their players that was on diversion. The president used the AD to deliver the message....I guess...but, everyone is freaking out Tang is going to leave because the president of the university 'overstepped his boundaries' and axed the player.

I realize that there was a lot more going on with the Frank Martin situation than the Jamar Samuels incident - the behind the scenes power brokers didn’t like his style and wanted him gone - but having already seen a winning coach that we liked bolt because of BS interference of varying sorts, it shouldn’t be all that surprising to see some concern coming out of EMAWland.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:54 AM   #4323
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
No. Just a coincidence.

Ah. Makes sense. PTSD from the Martinstein situation. To be fair, that's understandable.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:30 AM   #4324
El Gato Gordo Loco

Tomlin was one of the biggest NBA prospects in the Big 12 and in K-State history
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:32 AM   #4325
Prestige Worldwide

Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. It's one player.

Welcome to losing a top prospect to BS.

Welcome to running with the big boys.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:06 AM   #4326
MVP

Kstate and Aggies is not a lateral move lol Ksu was paying Klein 825k Aggies is a way better job.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:40 AM   #4327
Starter

I mean… define “better job”

It’s certainly better pay. ESPN dollars to SEC is just hard to turn down. I am a K-Stater and don’t begrudge anyone getting a 2-3x pay raise. Ultimately it’s a business and foolish to turn down so much more money. And all that money means you have more money to buy players. Better in terms of ESPN money for sure.

But the “better job” part - go to A&M, a mediocre program and go 5-7, never any chance for a title. At least at K-State there is a pathway to league contention every year.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:52 AM   #4328
Supporter

KSU won't be able to compete in the NIL market, and is now in a lesser conference.

It is what it is. I will enjoy it when they do well, but the national stage is all but snuffed out at this point in football.

My OU friends are bragging about all the money the SEC will bring, and I chuckle because that conference is going to make them their bitch just like it did with AtM and Missouri (for years).

I just want my teams to be competitive and win some games. I guess old age makes a person not give a **** about that level anymore.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:19 PM   #4329
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Kstate and Aggies is not a lateral move lol Ksu was paying Klein 825k Aggies is a way better job.
$825K in Mancrappin is like $3.2MM in Texas.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:25 PM   #4330
Custom User Title

https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/...vMNvL_gjw&s=19

If you'll excuse me I have to go clean up.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:36 PM   #4331
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTwister View Post
I mean… define “better job”

It’s certainly better pay. ESPN dollars to SEC is just hard to turn down. I am a K-Stater and don’t begrudge anyone getting a 2-3x pay raise. Ultimately it’s a business and foolish to turn down so much more money. And all that money means you have more money to buy players. Better in terms of ESPN money for sure.

But the “better job” part - go to A&M, a mediocre program and go 5-7, never any chance for a title. At least at K-State there is a pathway to league contention every year.
If I’m Klein, I probably try to dominate the big 12 and leverage that into a HC position. There is a real chance the SEC kicks his face in, perhaps through no fault of his own, and he fades into obscurity.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #4332
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
If I’m Klein, I probably try to dominate the big 12 and leverage that into a HC position. There is a real chance the SEC kicks his face in, perhaps through no fault of his own, and he fades into obscurity.
Counter point, once you're in the SEC coaching carousel, you stick around for a bit. All he has to do is take A&M to slightly above average, and he'll be good

kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:36 PM   #4333
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Counter point, once you're in the SEC coaching carousel, you stick around for a bit. All he has to do is take A&M to slightly above average, and he'll be good

Or be like Bienemy and get your face kicked in all year long and the baby goes out with the bathwater.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:59 PM   #4334
Champion Golfer Of The Year

I’d really hate to lose Tang doe to an overreaching UP.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 12-07-2023, 08:22 PM   #4335
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Anyone who thinks that's a lateral move is a ****ing moron
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.