Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #40216
The Beast Inside Your Head

The Chinese apparently hate Mexicans..Who knew.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #40217
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
The Chinese apparently hate Mexicans..Who knew.
They have the wall to prove it .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #40218
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
They have the wall to prove it .
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:04 PM   #40219
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I haven't seen any numbers on vents. Are you saying that doctors are more hesitant to vent someone now as opposed to before? If so, why?

Yes, some have shown promise.
Being on a vent is hard on the lungs. I believe they have put more emphasis on just using an oxygen mask and not a tube.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #40220
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Doctors are delaying the use of vents more now than they were initially .
That's good.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #40221
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
50% of CA cases are from Latinos? Wow.
So even before you get into any behavior differences that you can control.

Latinos have a higher percentage of service jobs and fewer work from home.

They make up a big percentage of meat packing workers. And they are more likely to live in multi generational households.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #40222
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Being on a vent is hard on the lungs. I believe they have put more emphasis on just using an oxygen mask and not a tube.
I thought the purpose of ventilators was to physically provide the breathing action, hopefully when the patient was no longer capable of breathing without it.

I would hope that doctors weren't venting people who could still breathe on their own.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #40223
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You can attempt to argue it all you want but you are going to be wrong.

Its not about race, its about culture and multi family homes. Also Hispanic is not a race.
You know what I meant when I said race. I just don't think Hispanics are doing anything more than any other ETHIC GROUP as far as spreading this. I've seen whites, blacks and Hispanics all equally not follow the rules as far as social distancing.

It's truly been a team effort as far as spreading this shit. You simply sound like a closet racist w your post. With all due respect I'm not saying you are.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #40224
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
You know what I meant when I said race. I just don't think Hispanics are doing anything more than any other ETHIC GROUP as far as spreading this. I've seen whites, blacks and Hispanics all equally not follow the rules as far as social distancing.

It's truly been a team effort as far as spreading this shit. You simply sound like a closet racist w your post. With all due respect I'm not saying you are.
If interested:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...inorities.html

As of June 12, 2020, age-adjusted hospitalization rates are highest among non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native and non-Hispanic black persons, followed by Hispanic or Latino persons.
  • Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
  • non-Hispanic black persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
  • Hispanic or Latino persons have a rate approximately 4 times that of non-Hispanic white persons.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #40225
Cheat Death

It's from May but not much has changed

Coronavirus Cases More Than Double In Chicago’s Latino Community

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/05...inx-community/
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #40226
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm not going to list everything, but here's some highlights.

1. Not putting everyone on a ventilator. Remember when ventilators were a major concern? Notice that they aren't anymore?
2. Remdesivir
3. Covelesant plasma
4. Dexamethasone
5. Various other drugs/treatments that are showing promise but aren't widely studied yet

Compared to - "Oh shit - we have no idea what this disease is or how to treat it"

Yeah I'd say we're in a better place.
Quote:
Yeah, olds are protecting themselves better, so lower average age of people needing vents. Better treatment protocols for the virus itself. Better medical management of the disease processes. Heart damage and micro clotting were a huge surprise at the beginning of this thing. Now we are treating those things before they become issues.

We are also flat out getting better at all the daily shit we need to do. Dialysis in isolation rooms, proning, putting in arterial and central lines, having IV pumps and ventilator controls outside the room for quick access, transporting isolation patients to ct, mri, or surgery, and a hundred other little things. Shit that used to be a giant production for covid patients (if they were done at all) are being done in basically the same amount of time it takes for a normal patient.
From a Seattle ICU doc on another forum.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:27 PM   #40227
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I thought the purpose of ventilators was to physically provide the breathing action, hopefully when the patient was no longer capable of breathing without it.

I would hope that doctors weren't venting people who could still breathe on their own.
My understanding is that they learned they can let oxygen levels get much lower than they thought without it causing catastrophic damage. I don't know the numbers, but it's like they used to vent people below 85% and now they're OK with 75% or whatever.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #40228
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
My understanding is that they learned they can let oxygen levels get much lower than they thought without it causing catastrophic damage. I don't know the numbers, but it's like they used to vent people below 85% and now they're OK with 75% or whatever.
My wife had horrible asthma as a child and it reared its ugly head again after she was done breastfeeding our son.

She remembered what it felt like when she had the attacks as a child and went to seek medical attention from her doctor.

When she got there, she was at 83%. They thought the oximeter was broken at first.

Outside of being really scared and having tingling lips and fingers, she was fully functional. Before that day, I always thought that being in the mid 80's was like on the verge of death.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #40229
I love your mom

Quote:

They could breathe on their own but were unable to oxygenate well enough , they are tolerating a lower threshold of hypoxia than they were before. I think they initially though early. Ent had better results but it didn’t seem to as being on vent has some pretty bad side affects as well .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #40230
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
My wife had horrible asthma as a child and it reared its ugly head again after she was done breastfeeding our son.

She remembered what it felt like when she had the attacks as a child and went to seek medical attention from her doctor.

When she got there, she was at 83%. They thought the oximeter was broken at first.

Outside of being really scared and having tingling lips and fingers, she was fully functional. Before that day, I always thought that being the mid 80's was like on the verge of death.
My son when he was hospitalized with RSV at 3 weeks hit 37 as we were about to be discharged.