Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:00 PM   #3916
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
If I recall correctly, you work with folks with special needs, correct? In all likelihood your organization will implement special precautions because many in that population have a lot of underlying medical conditions as well. You'll probably be safer at work than pretty much any place else.
Yes sir. And I have all the drive and passion in the world for these individuals. I know I've said it over and over again, but I'm scared. I'm scared for my individuals, I'm scared for my family, I'm scared for myself.

We have precautions going into our homes, but it doesn't feel like enough. It doesn't feel like we're doing enough to keep our office clean either..

I don't care how bad my anxiety gets, I won't abandon them.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:02 PM   #3917
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I have to work from home for the foreseeable future, my job didn’t give me the option lol.
I’ve been doing remote work for 6/7 years. Way better than fighting traffic.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:02 PM   #3918
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
The title of this thread is literally "NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 DISCUSSION". How ****ing hard is it to read?!? There are several threads in the D.C form to post this. Leave it out of here and nobody else will post about the disasters of single payer healthcare either.
It is the rule for the Lounge but the thread title was changed this evening. His post was over 2 weeks ago.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #3919
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
It is the rule for the Lounge but the thread title was changed this evening. His post was over 2 weeks ago.
Definitely a weird quote/bump

Thanks for tagging the OP, DaFace. Really cleaned up the reading process.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #3920
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Oh hell, it just dawned on me that Omaha's $130M baseball stadium that only gets used for two weeks out of the year, may not even get used for that two weeks this year. I'm sure the city will increase taxes yet again because of it as well.
Keep telling you to move down here
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:17 PM   #3921
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Yes sir. And I have all the drive and passion in the world for these individuals. I know I've said it over and over again, but I'm scared. I'm scared for my individuals, I'm scared for my family, I'm scared for myself.

We have precautions going into our homes, but it doesn't feel like enough. It doesn't feel like we're doing enough to keep our office clean either..

I don't care how bad my anxiety gets, I won't abandon them.
Just take a deep breath. You and your family are going to be just fine. The reality is that for the vast, vast majority of those who do get Covid-19 (and there are many, many more negative tests than positive ones) is that is very mild.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:19 PM   #3922
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
How do you all feel about quitting your job if workingfrom home isn't an option?
I wish I could work from home
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #3923
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs View Post
So they wasted the rest of their tests on the OKC players? Because I don't see how you don't test both teams at that point.

Also, how ****ed up is it that an entire state only has 100 tests a day?

Meanwhile.

Next week: Governor Stitt has tested positive for coronavirus. He is in self-quarantine.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:22 PM   #3924
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Just take a deep breath. You and your family are going to be just fine. The reality is that for the vast, vast majority of those who do get Covid-19 (and there are many, many more negative tests than positive ones) is that is very mild.
I second that. If you are feeling super anxious it would be a good time to take a step back and unplug from the news.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:23 PM   #3925
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I wish I could work from home
Me too, buddy. But we'll get through this.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:24 PM   #3926
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
I second that. If you are feeling super anxious it would be a good time to take a step back and unplug from the news.
Health anxiety (GAD and Panic DIsorder) combined with OCD is a bitch.

I wish I could turn it off and unplug, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #3927
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Me too, buddy. But we'll get through this.
Eh. I'm not really overly worried. I'd just love to work from home.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #3928
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Eh. I'm not really overly worried. I'd just love to work from home.

Fair enough.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:29 PM   #3929
MVP

Quote:
Health anxiety (GAD and Panic DIsorder) combined with OCD is a bitch.

I wish I could turn it off and unplug, I just can't bring myself to do it.
I'm sorry to hear that. There are some great resources available for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy online.

Also realize, that you are intelligent, and are taking this seriously, and will do what is possible to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. That's all you can do, and it's enough.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #3930
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Hoboken, NJ instituting a curfew...wonder how quickly other parts of the county adapt this.
What does this accomplish? Not saying it isn’t a good idea, just trying to figure out what the net result is to have a curfew (presumably at night). I guess it will further depress bars and strip clubs...
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.