Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #3811
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
That’s your prerogative. But the “experts” have been wrong many times through out history. I see no harm in questioning them. In fact, I believe it to be quite healthy to throw out counter ideas. That is actually how we learn new things, by questioning the official line.
Yeah, Joe Rogan threw out the idea that maybe saunas would kill the virus. And others think 80 degree water will do the trick. A lot of people have ideas, but very few of those people really have the base of knowledge/data they would need to have much to contribute.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #3812
MVP

Quote:
That’s your prerogative. But the “experts” have been wrong many times through out history. I see no harm in questioning them. In fact, I believe it to be quite healthy to throw out counter ideas. That is actually how we learn new things, by questioning the official line.
Fair enough, but I suspect there is a lot of deliberation prior to these decisions. Being wrong is definitely a learning opportunity.

The problem I have, is that if this end up being better than expected, people will say the measures were not necessary. People won't admit that the measures were effective.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #3813
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Is that mortality rate world wide or just here in America?
Globally, it's 3.7%

Here, it's 1.9%

Fluid numbers, but it's what we have.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #3814
MVP

This is a bit frustrating to hear, if true.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #3815
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Fair enough, but I suspect there is a lot of deliberation prior to these decisions. Being wrong is definitely a learning opportunity.

The problem I have, is that if this end up being better than expected, people will say the measures were not necessary. People won't admit that the measures were effective.
The flippancy of so many people has been extremely disheartening, albeit expected.

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 03-14-2020 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Typo
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #3816
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
albeit unexpected.
Really?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #3817
MVP

If what I posted works we might see the cure roll out in like 3-4 months, provided it was the fastest fast track in the history of modern medicine

edit: which would also be wildly dangerous, btw
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #3818
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
I'm not even sure who the experts are, or if they're even being truthful. So I'm approaching this by doing what I feel is necessary on a personal level based on what information I feel is accurate, which isn't much. Anything else is beyond my control and isn't really worth spending any amount of time worrying about.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #3819
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Do you feel like you have the expertise and the data to really know what measures are reasonable and which ones are overkill? I mean, at a general level, there's got to be a tradeoff between fighting the virus spread and maintaining adequate economic activity, but what makes you so sure of your judgment as to the specific balance in this case?
What is the line Rush Limbaugh has become fond of using... intelligence guided by experience.

I can look back on previous situations that are similar to this one. I can see how they were approached, handled and view the ultimate outcome and come to reasonable conclusion.

I can go into some detail but, a portion of that would have to take place in the DC forum.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #3820
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
If what I posted works we might see the cure roll out in like 3-4 months, provided it was the fastest fast track in the history of modern medicine

edit: which would also be wildly dangerous, btw
Incredibly dangerous. If shit gets bad enough they might consider it worth the risk though
FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:52 PM   #3821
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:

But not surprising at all.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #3822
MVP

Quote:
What is the line Rush Limbaugh has become fond of using... intelligence guided by experience.

I can look back on previous situations that are similar to this one. I can see how they were approached, handled and view the ultimate outcome and come to reasonable conclusion.

I can go into some detail but, a portion of that would have to take place in the DC forum.
It's much easier to makes those decisions on a personal level than to make them for a nation
Old 03-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #3823
Starter

Quote:

So they wasted the rest of their tests on the OKC players? Because I don't see how you don't test both teams at that point.

Also, how ****ed up is it that an entire state only has 100 tests a day?
FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #3824
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Really?
Typo. Sorry. Expected.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:57 PM   #3825
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Remember how long it took for Springfield to get back online after the 2007 ice storm?
Yeah that sucked for sure
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.