Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #3766
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
This isn’t even swine flu level of bad which affected more than just the elderly from a fatality stand point.

People need to chill out. This overreaction has the potential to do much more damage the virus itself if it doesn’t go unchecked.
What are you basing this on?
This is the 2 month mmwr from the CDC about 2 months in H1N1

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmw...827a4.htmApril 2009, CDC reported the first two cases in the United States of human infection with a novel influenza A (H1N1) virus (1). As of July 6, a total of 122 countries had reported 94,512 cases of novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infection, 429 of which were fatal; in the United States, a total of 33,902 cases were reported, 170 of which were*fatal."

Another piece of data
CDC estimates that between about 2,500 and 6,000 2009 H1N1-related deaths occurred between April and October 17, 2009. The mid-level in this range is about 3,900 2009 H1N1-related deaths.

Later on we determine that it killed a lot more people than we thought.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #3767
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
This isn’t even swine flu level of bad which affected more than just the elderly from a fatality stand point.

People need to chill out. This overreaction has the potential to do much more damage the virus itself if it doesn’t go unchecked.
And yet 3 major European countries are on lockdown having closed everything but grocery stores and pharmacies, after it got much worse than here.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:40 PM   #3768
I'll be back.

put in a wal mart grocery delivery order 2 days ago

it just got canceled

jesus ****
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #3769
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think what many people are overlooking when comparing the swine flu to the corona virus is the fact that swine flu you would show symptoms the first two-days if you were sick.

With the CoronaVirus you show no symptoms the first five-ten days. So you could be out spreading it and not even know it. That's what makes it so dangerous.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #3770
Has a particular set of skills

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #3771
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
True, but if it is actually worse than we're thinking and we sit on our hands it could end up doing more damage than necessary. Pick your poison.
Let’s explore the possibilities and, I acknowledge I am talking worst case scenarios here. But if we are talking worst case scenarios for the virus then worst case scenarios for or reaction/handling of it are equally relevant.

Just today I am hearing people around me are going to start working from home. That’s great for the few who can but, most can’t. What happens when people don’t have money to pay bills, rent, morgage or buy groceries? What happens when you can’t buy groceries because stores have been closed down?

I was talking with my barber this morning about the subject and he mentioned that the government had just released money for all the people expecting it. We talked about the consequences of those people not getting that money, the riots and such that would ensue. Imagine what happens when, hell I’ll be conservative and say a quarter of the country shuts down.

The swine flu took 18,000 lives. And that is indeed tragic, but not society altering, as is obvious in how we didn’t shut down over it. A national emergency wasn’t even called until a 1,000 deaths had occurred, and even at that point there was still ****ing toilet paper on the shelves.

Are some reasonable measures like travel bans prudent? Absolutely. But cancelling life is just irresponsible and needs to be checked before it goes much further.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #3772
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:

H1N1 R0 was 1.4 to 1.6. This is higher based on the data we have so far, around 2.2

The mortality rate was also well less than 1%. This bug is around 3% so far.

The precautions being taken based on those numbers aren't an over-reaction.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #3773
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Is there already an old coronavirus?
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:54 PM   #3774
MVP

Quote:
Let’s explore the possibilities and, I acknowledge I am talking worst case scenarios here. But if we are talking worst case scenarios for the virus then worst case scenarios for or reaction/handling of it are equally relevant.

Just today I am hearing people around me are going to start working from home. That’s great for the few who can but, most can’t. What happens when people don’t have money to pay bills, rent, morgage or buy groceries? What happens when you can’t buy groceries because stores have been closed down?

I was talking with my barber this morning about the subject and he mentioned that the government had just released money for all the people expecting it. We talked about the consequences of those people not getting that money, the riots and such that would ensue. Imagine what happens when, hell I’ll be conservative and say a quarter of the country shuts down.

The swine flu took 18,000 lives. And that is indeed tragic, but not society altering, as is obvious in how we didn’t shut down over it. A national emergency wasn’t even called until a 1,000 deaths had occurred, and even at that point there was still ****ing toilet paper on the shelves.

Are some reasonable measures like travel bans prudent? Absolutely. But cancelling life is just irresponsible and needs to be checked before it goes much further.
I think I will listen to the people in charge of these things instead.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #3775
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Is there already an old coronavirus?
There are multiple coronaviruses. Covid-19 is the new one
Old 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #3776
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think what many people are overlooking when comparing the swine flu to the corona virus is the fact that swine flu you would show symptoms the first two-days if you were sick.

With the CoronaVirus you show no symptoms the first five-ten days. So you could be out spreading it and not even know it. That's what makes it so dangerous.
Those numbers go along with what they are guessing.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #3777
I'll be back.

how long until it's time to flee urban areas?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #3778
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:

You realize that swine flu stat was the final score, and we’re in the first quarter of the Covid game? That Covid is highly contagious and its infection rate increases exponentially? It doesn’t go 1, 2, 3, 4 ... It goes 1, 2, 4, 16, 32 ...

The fear isn’t that it’s the Andromeda Strain and people will drop dead in the streets. It’s that infections will explode and overwhelm the health care system. We’re trying to slow the infection rate — “bend the curve.”
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #3779
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
how long until it's time to flee urban areas?
If you have to ask then you're already too late.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #3780
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
There are multiple coronaviruses. Covid-19 is the new one
SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus. The disease it causes is COVID-19.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.