Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2019, 02:58 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Last edited by RealSNR; 07-23-2019 at 05:44 PM..
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #3676
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen View Post
What are you talking about? When Damien Williams came in as starter after the release of Hunt, he was one of the most effective RBs in the league.
Sure. We will see how effective he will be at the end of this season.
And it's not a matter of how much effective you are, as much as the way you are effective which is being discussed here.
One thing is running X amount of yards with defenses planning and doubling against you, and another thing is running the same X amount of yards when all they do is pass coverage and rushing/blitzing the QB.
Any QB will confirm this LOL.
IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #3677
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
What the !@#$ is the fascination with Tremon Smith, man? .
I don't think that there is much fascination anymore. When the first announced his move to RB I was open to the idea because I thought they might be able to use his speed a couple times a game in jet sweeps or gadget plays like we did with DAT, and that we were looking for ways to keep a good kick returner on the team.

But after seeing how out of his element he looked against the bengals (granted it was a vanilla playbook) and seeing how well Pringle did returning kicks, I can't see any reason to keep him around, and I doubt that the Chiefs will either.
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #3678
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
If you want Carlos Hyde cut in my view that really comes down to Darrell Williams, if they like him and think he can do the job then really no need for Hyde.
Carlos Hyde isnt going to be cut. I dont get the this obsession with cutting Hyde. I dont recall anyone shitting on the signing at the time.

All of a sudden some poorly written article comes out about Hyde being a potential cut and folks just havent let go. He was good his first pre season game, he did exactly what he was signed to do. Score touchdowns on the redzone.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #3679
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I don't think that there is much fascination anymore. When the first announced his move to RB I was open to the idea because I thought they might be able to use his speed a couple times a game in jet sweeps or gadget plays like we did with DAT, and that we were looking for ways to keep a good kick returner on the team.

But after seeing how out of his element he looked against the bengals (granted it was a vanilla playbook) and seeing how well Pringle did returning kicks, I can't see any reason to keep him around, and I doubt that the Chiefs will either.
Just yesterday we had a new cycle of "Nate Taylor says Smith will make the roster, I agree, Hyde sucks...."

You may have moved on from him - many have not.

Those are the gentlemen to whom I am speaking...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #3680
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhom View Post

I’m kind of thinking we cut Hyde and Darrel in favor of some other team’s power back that gets cut as teams go to 53 man rosters. I just don’t think Hyde or Darrel have shown enough to really cut it for us. We may not do that, but I think it’ll come back to bite us at some point if we don’t get someone who can run with an attitude.
You were able to make this decision based off 2 carries in 1 preseason game, 1 of them for a TD? And what in the world makes you think some team is going to cut a RB better than Hyde? If we cut him he is on another roster in no time.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #3681
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd View Post
Sure. We will see how effective he will be at the end of this season.
And it's not a matter of how much effective you are, as much as the way you are effective which is being discussed here.
One thing is running X amount of yards with defenses planning and doubling against you, and another thing is running the same X amount of yards when all they do is pass coverage and rushing/blitzing the QB.
Any QB will confirm this LOL.
You know what's effective against blitzing the QB? Screen passes to your RB, on which plays Damien Williams and Spencer Ware both had two of the highest DVOAs last year, just a bit below (you guessed it) Kareem Hunt, who had one of the highest receiving DVOAs for a RB ever recorded
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #3682
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Derwin James is in a walking boot? What happened to him

Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #3683
Special Teams ACE!!!

D'onta Foreman was just picked up by the Colts. If you didn't trust Hyde to be the heavy weapons RB, that would have been probably the best option currently available.

And O.City, before you throw out the idea of trading a 5th round pick for somebody else's RB... just go **** yourself. It'd save us all the time and trouble.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #3684
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

Uh oh. Sounds like a Lis-franc injury.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #3685
Hockey Town

That injury sucks, that is the worst foot bone to break, it's a 3 month recovery.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #3686
Starter

Quote:
You know what's effective against blitzing the QB? Screen passes to your RB, on which plays Damien Williams and Spencer Ware both had two of the highest DVOAs last year, just a bit below (you guessed it) Kareem Hunt, who had one of the highest receiving DVOAs for a RB ever recorded
That's called a "release valve" which inherently means the QB is under pressure, which is not the most desirable thing to happen in the firsts place.
If the backs stay back, watching for the freight train who may pop out of the d-line, there's no pressure at all from the backs on the QB.
Not to mention the D-line and secondary "attitude" when they never know if it's a run or a pass.

What I'm saying is that a certain type of running back - which we currently miss - is useful to a team even when he's not even handed the ball.
In this regard, I believe Thompson might the RB currently on the roster who deserves being watched a little closer by defenses because IF he somehow manages to get past the linebackers chances are he's gone.

I agree it's way too early to evaluate any of the new RB's though.
IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #3687
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd View Post
That's called a "release valve" which inherently means the QB is under pressure, which is not the most desirable thing to happen in the firsts place.
If the backs stay back, watching for the freight train who may pop out of the d-line, there's no pressure at all from the backs on the QB.
Not to mention the D-line and secondary "attitude" when they never know if it's a run or a pass.

What I'm saying is that a certain type of running back - which we currently miss - is useful to a team even when he's not even handed the ball.
In this regard, I believe Thompson might the RB currently on the roster who deserves being watched a little closer by defenses because IF he somehow manages to get past the linebackers chances are he's gone.

I agree it's way too early to evaluate any of the new RB's though.

I don't disagree with any of this. I was impressed by what I saw from Damien last year, but I also have high hopes for Darwin in this offense.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #3688

Quote:

Yikes.

The dreaded 'Jones Fracture'.

If handled absolutely perfectly and he isn't just plum unlucky, he should probably return this season with no long-term effects. But man, the Chargers are walking a tightrope here - they need to be awfully careful.

This kid's among the best in the game and they can ill-afford to ruin him.

(And as his Sandbox owner, I'm crying a little right now)
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #3689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Uh oh. Sounds like a Lis-franc injury.
lisfranc is inside the foot; Jones is on the outside.

Jones seems to be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with in a vacuum but if handled well, the long-term prognosis is good. Lisfranc, OTOH, seems to have much more dire long-term consequences.

I dunno...that's all a bit beyond my pay grade but it seems like the guys with the lisfranc issues have a pretty lousy success rate coming back. The Jones guys usually bounce back just fine unless something weird happens during recovery.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #3690
In Search of a Life

What did Sammy Watkins have early in buffalo? Was it jones?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.