Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2019, 08:09 PM  
Kind of a mod

Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread

Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #346
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Finally saw the movie tonight.....great movie and fitting end to this phase.

"I am inevitable....snap...nothing...."

I am....dramatic pause for effect...Iron Man!

Absolutely perfect for me...I wanted to stand up and say damn straight Tony Stark!
It wasn't as epic as it could have been but it was the first film in a long time that lived up to my expectations.

In fact I think it exceeded my expectations. I expect to have politics and hollywood babble force fed. Nope.

We get about 20 minutes of movie that is a double splash page straight from the comix...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #347
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
It wasn't as epic as it could have been but it was the first film in a long time that lived up to my expectations.

In fact I think it exceeded my expectations. I expect to have politics and hollywood babble force fed. Nope.

We get about 20 minutes of movie that is a double splash page straight from the comix...
I don't think they intended it to be "epic"...I think they wanted it to be closure for this phase and they did a great job of that.

I think making it epic would have been bad for the future phases. I completely enjoyed this, the same way i enjoyed Captain Marvel. (Although the preachiness of some of that movie wore on me)
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #348
__

I'm sorry, but if that climax wasn't epic, I don't know what is.

Giant Man punched a damn leviathan in the face.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #349
Andy Reid Supporter

Some interesting notes from Russo brothers:

-they shot Dark World Thor vs Lebowski Thor. Decided on Cap vs Cap.
-they shot a scene with Tony seeing his future daughter when he snapped in the same place Thanos saw Gamora. Showed that to a test audience and it confused people so they nixed that scene. Katherine Langford was adult Morgan.
- for awhile the title was “Infinity Gauntlet”

Really hope this is all in the dvd feature
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #350
Kind of a mod

In case anyone's interested, Kevin Feige is doing an AMA on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...in_feige_amaa/
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #351
In Search of a Life

The damn spider man trailer makes me sad when he’s talking about tony

(It’s just a movie o.city don’t be a baby)
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #352
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I'm sorry, but if that climax wasn't epic, I don't know what is.

Giant Man punched a damn leviathan in the face.
I should have elaborated. It was an excellent movie. Some plot points seemed very lazy (Carl Manvers saves Tony? A random rat saves Rudd?) which the Rusos are normally better than but it was still the best or second best Marvel movie.

Winter Soldier still has a very high ranking to me.

I would give it an A- (4.5 stars) and think it was an excellent ending to the series...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #353
MONTANA #19

If a wave of euphoria and chills did not come over you when Cap said Avengers Assemble, then you are not alive my friend. I put that scene/moment in the top 3 cinematic moments of my entire lifetime. I normally hate it when people clap and cat call at movies, but I was right along with them during that scene, wiping tears of joy out of my eyes.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #354
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation View Post
If a wave of euphoria and chills did not come over you when Cap said Avengers Assemble, then you are not alive my friend. I put that scene/moment in the top 3 cinematic moments of my entire lifetime. I normally hate it when people clap and cat call at movies, but I was right along with them during that scene, wiping tears of joy out of my eyes.
I honestly geeked harder when Cap summoned Thor's hammer.

We now know Cap could wield it the whole time...
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #355
On Hiatus

Quote:
I should have elaborated. It was an excellent movie. Some plot points seemed very lazy (Carl Manvers saves Tony? A random rat saves Rudd?) which the Rusos are normally better than but it was still the best or second best Marvel movie.

Winter Soldier still has a very high ranking to me.

I would give it an A- (4.5 stars) and think it was an excellent ending to the series...
Same here...saved me having to type all that.

I will say the last 45 minutes had me spellbound like an 8 y/o kid watching his favorite superheroes in action.

And when Cap wielded Thor's hammer....I let out a very audible "kick his ass Cap" much to the surprise of my buddies who went with me.

I have underplayed on here how much I enjoyed the movie because....well at my age you aren't supposed to act like you are a kid at a movie theater...and you darn sure aren't supposed to get teary-eyed when superheroes die.

But damn if I didn't.....
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #356
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
I honestly geeked harder when Cap summoned Thor's hammer.

We now know Cap could wield it the whole time...
****ing this. That was so awesome.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #357
Kind of a mod

Saw it a second time today, and I think it's almost better the second time around. In particular, the "on your left" scene is tons of fun when you are already past the surprise and can just take it all in.

It's still crazy to me how epic this whole thing is, from both a storytelling standpoint and the sheer momentum and logistical planning necessary just to get the thing filmed.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #358
Paladin

I loved it. But I have a small gripe. Captain Marvel had the same hairstyle she had in her origin movie. That was supposed to be like 20 years before Endgame occured right? And then all of a sudden 5 years later she has a new hairstyle. I don't understand this? What woman worth her salt has the same hairstyle for 20 years and then decides to change it 5 years later? I just found that to be stupid.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:19 PM   #359
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Saw it a second time today, and I think it's almost better the second time around. In particular, the "on your left" scene is tons of fun when you are already past the surprise and can just take it all in.

It's still crazy to me how epic this whole thing is, from both a storytelling standpoint and the sheer momentum and logistical planning necessary just to get the thing filmed.
I enjoyed it every bit as much the second time as I did the first.

And I'm with Rausch. Both times I saw it the theater went nuts when Cap called Mjolnir. Top that off with the "On your left..." with the climactic battle, and you have achieved maximum awesomeness. Just perfect.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:30 PM   #360
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Lmfao, dude my wife had to run to the restroom and totally missed this part. She’s the one who actually got me into Marvel and she’s been dying to watch it.
Sadly, she didn’t get to the best part of the movie.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.