Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2024, 08:53 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Sneed traded to Titans

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:56 AM   #346
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
I haven’t read the whole thread, but the only universe in which this trade makes sense is the one in which Veach thinks the Chiefs will get less than a third in a comp pick. So we can conclude Sneed’s knee is rotted hamburger.
Man, I hope this is the truth. Because this trade looks gross from the outset.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:56 AM   #347
Starter

Letting Snead walk for a bag of beans seems like a decision to focus more on the long-term than the 3-peat. Veach thinks signing Donovan Smith for another $9 M, Danna for 7 and extending Humphrey was better long-term than having a deep and talented secondary for the 3-peat. Having only $7 M to sign an LT and bring back some other players is not a good place to be. Drafting as late as we are, maybe there was a fear that all strong OTs would be gone and we would have been left with s project like Niang. So, Veach can pay D Smith another 9 or 10 M to compete with Morris.

Maybe he is right. This trade now opens the possibility that we take a corner at #32 if there is a run on the WR and LT positions. Or, they think they can find another Sneed in the 4th round again. Watson and Williams are okay at CB, but Veach needs to hit on at least one or two strong DBs this draft to give us the depth we need in the absence of Sneed.
KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCDC must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:00 AM   #348
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Like I said…. This cap space is for extensions for our star players

Trades don’t get comp picks. Based on the contract, the Titans think he will be a star for the next few years. Based on the trade, the Chiefs think he’ll have a bad 2024 and be out of the league the year after.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:15 AM   #349
In Search of a Life

One possibility for the Chiefs shipping a great player for mediocre compensation may be that Hunt doesn’t want to write another big check this offseason. The cap is one part of the equation but dollars are dollars. Sure, Clark has a lot of money and could obviously afford it but that doesn’t mean he wants to spend more after giving Jones and Mahomes lump sum payments. And knowing he’ll have big payments coming for Creed and Bolton next season.

This is total speculation but is it possible Hunt told Veach he wasn’t going to write checks for both Jones and Sneed and Veach only had so many 2024 dollars to spend?

Just trying to come up with a reason to explain this move. I have always thought that you get so few opportunities to hold an all-star team together you should just go for it, but all we can hope for now is that the offense returns to form and the defense stays a top 10 unit and someone else can make the plays we’ve counted on Sneed to make.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:15 AM   #350
Veteran

Did Sneed play himself here? Held out for top dollar until all the suitors but one moved on. And ****ed us in the process too of course, but it seems like if he was willing to sign for $19M two weeks ago it would have got done with Detroit or Indy.

And I've seen people calling Tennessee an AFC contender in this thread, but I don't see that at all. They were 6-11, lost Vrabel and Henry, and overpaid a bunch of middling to above average FAs (excepting Sneed). And their QB is still Will Levis. Sneed is about to see how the other half lives. That's actually the one silver lining in this shit sandwich, I think that 3rd next year will be a top 75 pick.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:16 AM   #351
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
This is crazy talk.

No one outside of KC knows who Bryan Cook, Jaylen Watson, Josh Williams and Chamari Conner are.

McDuffie is a star, and Reid is a plus starter, but the rest of these guys are just OK players. If any of those players had to go cover Tyreek Hill for some reason we're ****ed.

The Chiefs will be just fine on defense but holding teams to 10 and 7 points in the postseason is likely a thing of the past.
Did anyone outside of KC know who Sneed was before this year? Hell, before this last years playoffs even?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:19 AM   #352
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Remember we all flipped shit when Veach traded Peters.

Let Veach cook!!!!!!!!!
Peters was a dickhead who didn't like to hit or tackle.

Sneed is an awesome human being who loves destroying wide receivers.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:24 AM   #353
Starter

I guess with the number of players slated to become free agents next year, the more draft picks the better, but a 7th round? Oh well, I have trust Veach has something in sight that we do not.
KobesPilot < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KobesPilot < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KobesPilot < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KobesPilot < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KobesPilot < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KobesPilot < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:26 AM   #354
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
This seems not great, but it is literally impossible for me to be upset about this team right now due to the whole 3 Super Bowls in 5 years thing. Wbf and the three-peat is still happening imho
This. But I'll still never understand why keeping Sneed on the tag for the 3-peat wasn't an option. NFL history man. He would have played.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:44 AM   #355
MVP

I'm gonna assume Sneed would've refused to play on the tag, otherwise keeping him would've been the strat here.
AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:45 AM   #356
Journeyman

Watch Bolton etc leave next year as other teams play hardball with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:36 AM   #357
Going home eventually

Glad it's over at least. Compensation sucks but keeping players next year is important. We can 3 peat without Snead. He wanted money and he got it.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:45 AM   #358
Going home eventually

We had no money. So compensation we had no leverage. Glad Titans paid the contact needed. Veach has 3 rings. We will be fine. We all knew it was Jones or Snead. We kept Jones. Be happy.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:51 AM   #359
Veteran

I'd kinda resigned myself to us losing one of Jones or Sneed, so I can live with it. I'd also much prefer him going to the Titans than the Colts or Lions. There's absolutely a world where Veach and the Chiefs come out smelling of roses. If we get the 3-peat, if Sneed's knee gives up, if we draft the next great CB in the later rounds, if we use the cap space to find some hidden gems that end up being crucial depth. It could all happen...

But right now I can't see how anyone can objectively defend the trade. It is a sh***y deal. We absolutely could have kept an elite CB for a historic 3-peat attempt. If not, we definitely didn't need to tag him early and limit our FA options. We managed to find the one truly dog-s*** outcome. Just obviously bad management.

I hope Chris Jones plays out of his skin, because that was not a home town discount, at all.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:58 AM   #360
Rookie

Man i hope this “his knee must be shot” garbage makes people feel better. I mean do ppl not watch the games

Like just say we got played. It happens. Sneed hasn’t missed a game bc of this so called career threatening injury. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t rock up to the Titans press conference on crutches.

He’s going to be a massive loss. I will miss Mc Duffie teeing off next year when he’s required to run with the gun WR 1s.
AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.AusChief Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote