Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:42 PM   #3466
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping2000 View Post
My college roommate used to eat mackerel right out of the can. That's ****ing cat food. Nasty. Underwood Deviled Ham is also cat food.
Never had the deviled ham. I have, in the past, had the deviled chicken. I'd mix it with mayo to make sandwiches. It was okay.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:42 PM   #3467
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Anyone want to put a wager on the one million number?

Sensationalized fear mongering horseshit...but people will remember it...OMG OMG ONE MILLION.
You won't believe whatever they publish anyway.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #3468
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
You won't believe whatever they publish anyway.
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #3469
In Search of a Life

Hearing the medical dude that was in China talk about what they did to combat it, how they mobilized etc. Pretty crazy shit.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #3470
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Same. I can't see any reason this is gonna get better for at least a couple months. The ONLY thing could be if we get our testing machine in gear and find out that it's actually not near as prevalent as feared, which seems unlikely.
My boss has family in China. She says two months minimum. But it's still not clear what happens if you just let things go back to normal.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #3471
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
I unloaded the last of my index funds at close today. I think the panic is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Of course you do. Please sell,
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:50 PM   #3472
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
If it lessons over summer it will very likely be back in the fall.

But it may not mutate or it could get less virulent. We may have better treatments by then and the world would certainly have more ventilators and trained operators by then.
This is what I don't understand. These things often ease up over the summer - The Spanish Flu did, SARS disappeared when it got warm. Also so far this doesn't seem to be hitting warm weather countries that hard.

Yet damned if you can find one expert or study that even tries to explain why. And I've read about this shit for 8 hours a day for the last month.They all say there is no evidence that summer vs. winter affects it. Maybe they just don't want us to get complacent or something.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #3473
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Never had the deviled ham. I have, in the past, had the deviled chicken. I'd mix it with mayo to make sandwiches. It was okay.
All I ever had was the tins of deviled ham. when I was id come home from school most kids would make I would make a deviled ham sammie.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #3474
Supporter

Quote:
This is what I don't understand. These things often ease up over the summer - The Spanish Flu did, SARS disappeared when it got warm. Also so far this doesn't seem to be hitting warm weather countries that hard.

Yet damned if you can find one expert or study that even tries to explain why. And I've read about this shit for 8 hours a day for the last month.They all say there is no evidence that summer vs. winter affects it. Maybe they just don't want us to get complacent or something.
Quote:
Why is the flu more common in the winter?
ANSWER

Many things play a role in making the flu more common in the winter:

The virus lives longer indoors in winter, because the air is less humid than outside.
While it's alive and in the air, it's easy for people to inhale it, or for it to land on the eyes, nose, or mouth.
We spend more time indoors and have closer contact with each other, which makes it easier for the virus to spread.
https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/q...-in-the-winter
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:04 PM   #3475
Has a particular set of skills

Google is building this new website where you put all your health information into the system and then it determines if a test is warranted.

I don’t know about you guys and gals but, I’m not giving Google all my personal health information. What could go wrong?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:08 PM   #3476
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Google is building this new website where you put all your health information into the system and then it determines if a test is warranted.

I don’t know about you guys and gals but, I’m not giving Google all my personal health information. What could go wrong?
Meh. They already have every email and chat I've sent or received, photo I've taken, place I've been, website I've visited, and who knows what else. I can't imagine a few questions about my symptoms is going to make much of a difference.

(Plus, I can't imagine they'd require you to log in to use it.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:11 PM   #3477
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
All I ever had was the tins of deviled ham. when I was id come home from school most kids would make I would make a deviled ham sammie.
My grandma always had deviled ham around when I was growing up, so I ate it and liked it. Salty shit, but I'll still eat it.

My wife had never heard of this stuff and I bought it on a whim a few years ago. She was with me at the store and was like WTF is that, oh just wait and you'll see. So I get home and opened it up and she instantly told me how awful it smelled and looked and all that good stuff. Made the cat food comparison and all. So I ate it and waited until she left the room. Took my finger and ran it along the inside of the can and then coated the tumbler she was drinking out of under the lid on the opposite side of the mouth hole. She complained for hours about how that smell just wouldn't go away and how the hell could I eat something that smelled like that.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:11 PM   #3478
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

Heard this is a pretty small site developed by another alphabet subsidiary and limited in scope. Like just directions to test locations or something.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #3479
Changes pants while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Heard this is a pretty small site developed by another alphabet subsidiary and limited in scope. Like just directions to test locations or something.
Did they write the democratic primary software, because that worked so well.
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #3480
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
We had plenty of Spam, but they were completely out of Underwood deviled chicken.

Go figure.
I don't know if this helps but they do seem to have it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Underwood-Chi...WD9BDHHFW9YTSE
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.