Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2022, 07:18 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-29-2022 at 09:39 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:39 AM   #331
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Dude, they don't even have the same skillset. Cook is not replacing Thornhill. If they let Thornhill go, they're going to be shopping for a new safety.
Yeah, I don't agree. Cook isn't coming down playing the Sorenson role, that's Reid.

Cook is Thornhill's replacement.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:44 AM   #332
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Not trying to pick on Bolton, but watch those two and notice the difference in speed. Holy shit Cook is fast.
Bolton is also standing flat-footed to read the play while Cook has come 3 full strides to get to speed before Bolton can turn and run. Yeah, Cook is faster than Bolton (duh; he's a DB vs. a LB) but he also had the advantage of several steps to get up to speed.

I'm mostly intrigued by what Cook saw that allowed him to sell out early like that. Did he have a spy on that RB out of the backfield? Because he was off like a shot almost immediately.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:19 PM   #333
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Bolton is also standing flat-footed to read the play while Cook has come 3 full strides to get to speed before Bolton can turn and run. Yeah, Cook is faster than Bolton (duh; he's a DB vs. a LB) but he also had the advantage of several steps to get up to speed.

I'm mostly intrigued by what Cook saw that allowed him to sell out early like that. Did he have a spy on that RB out of the backfield? Because he was off like a shot almost immediately.
I think he read Burrow's eyes and likely noted the receivers on his half were half-assing their routes.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:07 PM   #334
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Man, I just don’t know how he could still have the stiff attribute after the game swinging play he made at one of the most pivotal moments in the championship game. We were all begging Tyrann or even Jones to make just one play like that to swing last year’s game. But this year, it was a rookie who stepped up when the lights were brightest (while Jones had a redemption game of his own, ofc).
Good play by him. Also had some bad plays. Time will tell. Still rooting for him & every other “rookie” on the squad.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:10 PM   #335
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Terrible take.
Plenty more where that came from. You still seem nice. Hugs.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:36 PM   #336
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Likable guy, but drafted too high in my eyes. Maybe the Senior Bowl gave him some added draft boost. Who knows? Seems a little stiff and not very instinctual at the NFL level. Maybe that will come with experience. He is a thumper and his aggressiveness is a plus. I wish him much success. Truly hope that he proves me wrong & merits that draft pick. Even if he is from Cinci.
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)?

Unbelievable.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:36 PM   #337
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Cook has been a very nice surprise playing deep; his book after the draft said that he was a liability there but was a good downhill safety. So this expansion of his capabilities has been a huge plus for the secondary especially over the last two months or so. As a replacement for Dirty Dan, if that's really how Spags sees him, has been a nice upgrade in speed, coverage ability and tackling, for certain.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 03:42 PM   #338
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)?

Unbelievable.
Too high is drafterbator for “I didn’t have him going that early”.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:52 PM   #339
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
The **** does "drafted too high in my eyes" mean? Where "should" a guy with his talents be drafted (and still assure the Chiefs that he isn't drafted by another team)? Unbelievable.
Have a sip of your Octoberfest pixie's beer and believe it. (Wonder how old she is now after all these years. God bless her.) Chiefs are going to the SB, so lighten up Francis.

Based on Cook's college career, draft profile, Chiefs' draft position/needs and other teams' draft needs: I would have taken a chance & traded back to get Cook or Joseph Kerby (taken R3, #97 overall). Assuming that a trade partner could be found. But the draft is a crapshoot. Lots of hard to define variables. One easy to define variable is that the Chiefs had already signed Bush. That was no doubt part of the calculus. So I am happy to defer to Mr. Veach. He's the expert on all things Chiefs. (After all these years, it's a sweet thing to have adults running the show at Arrowhead. I'm so very thankful to have a GM who isn't a narcissistic blowhard cursing out top draft picks and their agents or playing hall monitor to candy bar wrappers. All the while doing God's work in running this franchise.) That said, Chiefs are AFC Champions and heading to the SB. I'm not losing sleep over any of the draft picks... even if I wouldn't have taken Cook in the 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Too high is drafterbator for “I didn’t have him going that early”.
I'm a Master Drafterbater. And I'm taking the GF and her twin sister to Belize to watch the SB. Two finer butts you've never seen.

Last edited by T-post Tom; 02-01-2023 at 05:02 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 09:56 AM   #340
In Search of a Life

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:57 AM   #341
In Search of a Life

That's just a hell of a play. High safety jumps the slant, realizes it's a s and go and turns and runs and finds the ball and makes a play on it.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:09 AM   #342
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Cook is going to be good

Sometimes we forget we are starting 4 rookie DBs or at least we have significant snap counts.

Honestly think Snead is going to price out, and we will draft another DB and sign a vet in off-season
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:29 PM   #343
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Cook is going to be good

Sometimes we forget we are starting 4 rookie DBs or at least we have significant snap counts.

Honestly think Snead is going to price out, and we will draft another DB and sign a vet in off-season
That will suck. He is so versatile in this defense.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 02-03-2023, 12:36 PM   #344
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, I don't agree. Cook isn't coming down playing the Sorenson role, that's Reid.

Cook is Thornhill's replacement.
I’m not sure about this.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:53 PM   #345
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I’m not sure about this.
Have people forgotten that Spagnuolo preferred to start Sorenson over Thornhill for damn near half a season and only made the switch after multiple game swinging ****ups by Sorenson. I just don't think Thornhill is though of that highly in the organization. Maybe he takes at or near vet min to stay but other than that he's probably gone.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.