Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:50 PM   #331
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddingme View Post
He missed four games in five years. Having one season where you have a lingering injury and balling out in all the games you play, does not suddenly mean you have a history of injury. If you don't like his contract that's one thing, but acting like he has a history of not being able to stay on the field is a bit much.
He's had a hamstring injury in 6 different seasons. He's had foot injuries in 4 more.

Until last year, he played through the injuries and that's why he hasn't missed games. It isn't because he hasn't been hurt.

He's now 32 years old. It's a huge question mark if he still has the ability to play through all of the injuries.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:51 PM   #332
Banned

Quote:
He missed four games in five years. Having one season where you have a lingering injury and balling out in all the games you play, does not suddenly mean you have a history of injury. If you don't like his contract that's one thing, but acting like he has a history of not being able to stay on the field is a bit much.
Julio has missed 10 games in the last 5 years.....but yes his contract is trash. I want no part of that monster deal of his.

Edit: Larry hasn't missed 10 games in his career.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #333
MVP

Larry is a first ballot hall of famer. But is he a better investment right now than giving our young receivers reps?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #334
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Larry is a first ballot hall of famer. But is he a better investment right now than giving our young receivers reps?
No.

But is he a better investment than Julio Jones?

Yes.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:47 PM   #335
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
He's had a hamstring injury in 6 different seasons. He's had foot injuries in 4 more.

Until last year, he played through the injuries and that's why he hasn't missed games. It isn't because he hasn't been hurt.

He's now 32 years old. It's a huge question mark if he still has the ability to play through all of the injuries.
He's played 15 games basically every year. He's been a godlike creature playing through those injuries. Last year was the first time he's missed extended games. He's been elite when he's played, even then. It's a question mark, sure, but it's a significantly more fun question mark with a lot more upside than any other option.

It's not going to happen, but it's fun to imagine this offense with Julio Jones as our third option. A lot more fun than imagining Fitz. Would you actually be upset if it happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
Julio has missed 10 games in the last 5 years.....but yes his contract is trash. I want no part of that monster deal of his.

Edit: Larry hasn't missed 10 games in his career.
Larry had 7.6 YPR last year. Julio had 15.1. 7.6 is the lowest of any WR that Pro Football Reference even tracked last year. This is to say, they are not similar players at this point in their careers. I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we just drafted a TE? I'm interested in the ceiling of this offense. Love Fitz, but I just don't think he raises it the way Julio could. All that said, I understand your concerns about the cap and not wanting to risk a large cap hit on a guy who missed time last year. I don't see one season of unavailability due to injury to be a trend, but it could be the start of one. It is a risk. If you want low risk, low reward, you've found an alternative.
rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.rukiddingme is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #336
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
He's played 15 games basically every year. He's been a godlike creature playing through those injuries. Last year was the first time he's missed extended games. He's been elite when he's played, even then. It's a question mark, sure, but it's a significantly more fun question mark with a lot more upside than any other option.

It's not going to happen, but it's fun to imagine this offense with Julio Jones as our third option. A lot more fun than imagining Fitz. Would you actually be upset if it happened?
Just because he's played through injuries in the past doesn't mean he can now, especially given his age. Notice that the first time he missed significant time was just last year. There's plenty of signs it is finally catching up with him.

And no, I wouldn't be upset. I'm past the point of being upset about roster moves. That being said, it's still a stupid idea.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #337
Mindful Taoist German

We just got rid of Sammie's contract. Let's not be in a hurry to overpay again for his replacement...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:54 PM   #338
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
We just got rid of Sammie's contract. Let's not be in a hurry to overpay again for his replacement...
Exactly.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:57 PM   #339
Needs more middle fingers

I'd be surprised if they make a play for a WR. This is Hardman's year. They gotta wanna know what they have in him as a full time starter, as his 2nd contract will be coming due soon.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #340
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
....and yet had a similar year to Julio while being almost SEVEN years older. Not to mention making a fraction of what Julio would be getting paid.

Why do you keep ignoring what everyone is saying about Larry? Did you watch him play last year? I don't know how many times I have to tell you that you're probably as fast as Larry right now for you to get that he's washed the **** up.

Can't wait to see you bring him up again in another thread next week though.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:03 PM   #341
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Why do you keep ignoring what everyone is saying about Larry? Did you watch him play last year? I don't know how many times I have to tell you that you're probably as fast as Larry right now for you to get that he's washed the **** up.

Can't wait to see you bring him up again in another thread next week though.
I see all of that and what I'm saying is despite that:

He still had equal numbers to Julio...and will be a fraction of the cost.

Honestly, I don't think we need either. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, if we're gonna make a trade and bring on another big contract then call Minnesota and see if we can pry Hunter from them. I'd rather make that trade, have him take Frank's place next season and cut Frank. Regardless, we don't need Julio's contract or the price it's gonna cost to get Atlanta to let him go.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:12 PM   #342
MVP

For the money I'd take Mecole and Powell all day. There may be a vet that gets cut later or even take a flier on Fitz with a "win a ring" price tag.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-20-2021, 04:27 PM   #343
MVP

if we sign him June 2nd all the naysayers will be just as excited as us hopefuls
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:48 PM   #344
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
if we sign him June 2nd all the naysayers will be just as excited as us hopefuls
It would probably be a poor long term investment, but it would all but guarantee a championship in 2021.

The offense would be hilarious.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:11 PM   #345
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
It would probably be a poor long term investment, but it would all but guarantee a championship in 2021.

The offense would be hilarious.
Unless he gets injured again and can't play. Which is always a possibility with his age and injury history.