Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

***The Official EMAW Repository thread***

I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #3346
Agree to Disagree

For the first game of the season, I was impressed with the performance. Running game was outstanding (how about Howell!), receivers caught the ball well, secondary was pretty strong, front seven was decent, kicking game was solid and clever play calls when we really needed it. CC is going to limit the team's upside, but I'm happy today.
KevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliKevB 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #3347

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
DT is a special RB, but there is 0 chance the Cats win enough games to have a legit shot at the Heisman. Let's put that to bed before we get our hopes up.
DT for Doak!
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #3348

At the emaw volleyball game.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #3349
Banned!

Great job, Cats!
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #3350
Stroking to the SB Champs!

That was a fuggin great game. I have no voice left, the right side of my face is burnt, and I have a throbbing headache from screaming for 3 hours. I couldn't be happier.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #3351
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

DT vs. OSU's Kendall Hunter for Big 12 rushing champ and/or Heisman.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #3352
sorta mod-ish

Nice win for you guys today!
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #3353

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
That was a fuggin great game. I have no voice left, the right side of my face is burnt, and I have a throbbing headache from screaming for 3 hours. I couldn't be happier.
I'm burnt to a crisp...but had a blast. Nothing beats coming back to Manhattan for the first game of the year.

This year will be a lot like last year, IMO - our QB situation is awful and our defense is pretty mediocre, but our running game will keep us in games.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #3354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
I'm burnt to a crisp...but had a blast. Nothing beats coming back to Manhattan for the first game of the year.

This year will be a lot like last year, IMO - our QB situation is awful and our defense is pretty mediocre, but our running game will keep us in games.
Holy crap. I swear, 4 of the 5 sacks UCLA had against Carson Coffman were completely on him - being indecisive and not getting rid of the ball. Our qb situation is horrid. I'm not so sure the best qb option isn't true Freshmen - Billy Cosh.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #3355

Quote:
Holy crap. I swear, 4 of the 5 sacks UCLA had against Carson Coffman were completely on him - being indecisive and not getting rid of the ball. Our qb situation is horrid. I'm not so sure the best qb option isn't true Freshmen - Billy Cosh.
Klein looked lost out there as well. Coffman made some decent passes, and he really didn't make any passes either. It's when he runs around there like a dumbass is when he gets himself in trouble. The line gave him adequate time to throw the ball.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #3356

Quote:
Klein looked lost out there as well. Coffman made some decent passes, and he really didn't make any passes either. It's when he runs around there like a dumbass is when he gets himself in trouble. The line gave him adequate time to throw the ball.
Agreed. Had he just got rid of the fugging ball instead of running around like a dumbass, it would have been much better. I'm hopeful for just average. However, we'll have to do better than 60+ yards passing, or we're going to kill Daniel Thomas.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #3357
Supporter

Quote:

This.

Middle of the D-Line is atrocious. I have no idea why UCLA stopped pounding the ball.

The QB situation is absolutely horrid.

Special teams and running game is going to have to carry this team.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #3358

Quote:
Agreed. Had he just got rid of the fugging ball instead of running around like a dumbass, it would have been much better. I'm hopeful for just average. However, we'll have to do better than 60+ yards passing, or we're going to kill Daniel Thomas.
William Powell had 6 carries for 72 yards.

We held a Norm Chow offense to 313 yards, most of which came in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Yeah, i'm hopeful for average too. All I want is a bowl game.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #3359
Supporter

Quote:

We held a Norm Chow offense to 313 yards, most of which came in the final 2 minutes of the game.

We HAVE to get a QB, especially with all of the talent this team will be getting next year.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #3360

Quote:

Yeah, Powell is a nice change of pace guy. More speed than power. Our D looked tired in the late 3rd and thru the 4th. I agree with Notorious. The Middle of the D is a major sieve. Got to get that fixed up