Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 09:23 AM   #3286
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Mizzou fought Georgia REALLY hard last year. At Georgia, no less.

There's a non-zero chance that the MU/UGA game in Columbia this year is the biggest game in program history. Granted, Mizzou has to do their part to make it so by the time the game comes along, but it could genuinely decide championships. Division, conference...national. It could be ENORMOUS.
The past two years we have given Georgia problems. Going to be wild to watch this season develop.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 09:41 AM   #3287
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

There's a non-zero chance that the MU/UGA game in Columbia this year is the biggest game in program history. Granted, Mizzou has to do their part to make it so by the time the game comes along, but it could genuinely decide championships. Division, conference...national. It could be ENORMOUS.
Yeah, I think Mizzou has a shot there.

Georgia is good and won't take Mizzou lightly, but I don't quite get the hype for Beck, and they did lose a lot of talent (again).

If Mizzou can handle the defensive transition well, I think they can reach the heights. If it can't, the offense is going to have to take a step. I actually think it is decently prepped to do so - better offensive line, a deep WR group, better options at TE, and more explosiveness at RB - but it all depends on Cook taking another step forward, at least in terms of how consistently he throws the ball.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 10:05 AM   #3288
The Insider

Quote:

No Georgia on the schedule this year
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 10:56 AM   #3289
In Search of a Life

Bama is the one to focus on this year.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:31 PM   #3290
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I would love to finally beat Bama
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:33 PM   #3291
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
Who actually gives a shit and if so why?

Because someone in some country club in some southern town is talking shit on Mizzou.

**** em. I think we gave them way too much power early in our transition to the SEC by constantly begging for their validation and wanting to prove we belonged.

Screw them. Lets have an awesome season and win some big games.
Evidently based on your response to what I posted it must bug you.

I just pointed out that the SEC old guard looking down on Mizzou is nothing new...it's been going on for some time now.

What's fun is listening to the talking heads spin that Mizzou is a gimme game for Georgia/Florida/Tennessee/West Conference team and then listening to them eat their words toward the end of the season.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:40 PM   #3292
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Georgia is good and won't take Mizzou lightly, but I don't quite get the hype for Beck, and they did lose a lot of talent (again).
Two words....Kirby Smart. All Kirby Smart has to say is that Carson Beck is the next great QB and all of Georgia and Northeast Florida (Beck is from Jacksonville) go all Bulldog wild.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:49 PM   #3293
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, I think Mizzou has a shot there.

If Mizzou can handle the defensive transition well, I think they can reach the heights. If it can't, the offense is going to have to take a step. I actually think it is decently prepped to do so - better offensive line, a deep WR group, better options at TE, and more explosiveness at RB - but it all depends on Cook taking another step forward, at least in terms of how consistently he throws the ball.
RB could be huge.

But the dirty little secret about Drink is that he really seems to know how to put together a running attack. I think we'll be fine there.

But it's quite an unknown at the moment.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:51 PM   #3294
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
The SEC got rid of divisions, didn't it? Hmmm....fair point.

Gotta get a split there, I'd say.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:30 PM   #3295
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
RB could be huge.

But the dirty little secret about Drink is that he really seems to know how to put together a running attack. I think we'll be fine there.

But it's quite an unknown at the moment.
As good and consistent as Cody Shrader was, he was NOT a home run threat. Not really. He hit some, but his lack of long speed showed against a few of the stronger opponents.

If Noel is as good as I think he can be, it could be just enough of a another dimension to help the offense go to a new level.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:41 PM   #3296
Mahomes > God

Looking forward to this WR room and the numbers they have the potential to put up...gonna be awesome.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:56 PM   #3297
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Looking forward to this WR room and the numbers they have the potential to put up...gonna be awesome.
Especially if the running game is more explosive and dangerous and teams have to pay more attention. I think the upgrade in the OL will help, too.