Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 10:14 PM  
Thank you

Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks

"broken" "abomination" "Rick Ankiel"

These are all words that people used to describe Patrick ****ing Mahomes tonight. I mean, are you listening to yourselves? Rick ****ING Ankiel?????

Look, I'm not going to pretend like he's been himself all year. He's not seeing the field as well as usual, he's struggling to trust his OL and occasionally scrambling out of clean pockets, he's missing some throws, some of those turnovers have actually been his fault and not just the receivers being unable to hold onto the ****in ball.

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

What you DO know, based on a 3 season sample size, is that he's the greatest QB through ~50 games in NFL history. You know that he's won multiple comeback playoff games, two AFC titles, and a Super Bowl. You even know (or at least you ****ing should, unless you've been too busy moaning to actually read anything), that by most metrics he's actually been pretty good overall this season. His "turnover worthy" plays are actually DOWN from past years. He's #4 in the league in touchdowns. His TD% is identical to last season and higher that 2019. Before Tennessee, which is easily the biggest outlier of his career including the other "bad" games this season, he was leading one of the most efficient offenses of all time in terms of points per drive — yes, better than 2018. I know it doesn't feel that way because so many guys on this team (including, yes, Patrick himself on a few occasions) can't hold onto the ****ing ball. But that's the ****ing truth.

If he were moping during press conferences or lashing out on social media, I might give a little bit more credence to the narrative that he's moments away from a nervous breakdown. Not very much, but a little bit. But he's not. He's being honest (almost to a fault) about his role in the team's struggles and projecting confidence that he can turn it around. What more can he possibly do to convince some of you losers to hold onto a bit of that confidence yourselves? Does he need to go back in time and miraculously heal Schwartz and Fisher and win that Super Bowl? Should he just commit seppuku at midfield? What do you want??

Patrick Mahomes is not broken. He's slumping. Every QB slumps occasionally. Not every QB calls having the 4th best QBR (64.1) and 6th best EPA (46.3, just above the dreaded Aaron Rodgers) a ****ing slump. Personally, even after 8 underwhelming-to-miserable games and a 4-4 record, I'm gonna give the kid a little more leeway before calling for him to be committed to the god damn psych ward. I think he's earned at least that much.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:54 PM   #316
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
He's a good pocket passer when he can trust his OL, he just hasn't been able to do that since the SB. I'm sure Wylie waddling out onto the field gave him PTSD flashbacks.
Brown was a bit of a surprise tonight, in a nice way. Expected him to really struggle against Gary and Smith.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #317
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Dudes….

It’s a W. We are one half game back out of first in a crowded West. Patrick didn’t just forget how be great. He’s in a funk, as are our Coaches, IMO. Not sure if it’s focus or what, but it’s crazy to think we can’t be better if a few things just go our way.

It’s a good day.
Absolutely this -- we've seen the past two seasons that the team that got hot around this time was the team that went all the way. If our defense can keep teams under 20 we're going to win most games but Mahomes has to get right.

My concern is the same as Dirk's, that the coaching staff have f'd up a good thing trying to make Mahomes "better."
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #318
MVP

The rest of the team needs to step up. Dropped passes, questionable play calls, dumb penalties.
It’s a win and it ended on a high note with a good pass by Patrick. Let’s build on that.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #319
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
He's clearly not right but I'm really curious - as noted in the game thread - as to what the reasons are that he's playing like azz. Are the coaches screwing him up? Is he injured? Has he actually lost it? The receivers haven't helped the case but the lack of rhythm should concern all Chiefs fans.

Luckily, no other team is out of reach so no need for the "lost season" talk but really would like someone to ask Mahomes WTF is wrong with you the past 5 games?
I think his toe might be hurting him. If you can't plant that foot, it's going to throw your accuracy off. And I think that's what's happening. But I don't know, I'm just looking for a reason.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 11-07-2021, 06:57 PM   #320
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I think I have an idea what is wrong with Mahomes. Don't know if it is the coaches or himself but this thought of trying to make him a pocket passer isn't working. That last play illustrated that, he is better running around making plays. He isn't going to be Tom Brady standing in the pocket all the time.
He is not nor has he ever been a pure pocket QB. Why he’s being asked to adjust rather than the team adjusting to him is unclear to me.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:57 PM   #321
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
How is Patrick supposed to get "fixed" if guys keep dropping passes that hit them in the hands on third down?
That one Mecole dropped might have stuck in his facemask if his hands weren't in the way...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #322
Supporter

To all the Mahomes doubters:

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #323
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAH-Q View Post
Everything that could go against us has gone against us. We’ve really gotten zero luck this year compared to years past and we’re still above 500. Dallas got their asses kicked by Denver and Buffalo got beat by Jax…crazy stuff happens in the NFL.
That’s not true though. We caught a huge break today with Love playing. We lose that game if Rodgers is playing.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #324
Forever Royal

Quote:
I think I have an idea what is wrong with Mahomes. Don't know if it is the coaches or himself but this thought of trying to make him a pocket passer isn't working. That last play illustrated that, he is better running around making plays. He isn't going to be Tom Brady standing in the pocket all the time.

No offense but I’ve seen this a lot and it’s like people have never watched him play. Mahomes is an elite pocket passer from day one.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:01 PM   #325
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
It's not just Mahomes. Andy was broke first. He needs to retire.
I have a feeling that's happening no matter how this season turns out. We talk about how this that or the other doesn't look right, but Andy doesn't look right. Or sound right.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #326
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Brown was a bit of a surprise tonight, in a nice way. Expected him to really struggle against Gary and Smith.

I attribute that mostly to Mahomes not taking huge drop backs as often and he definitely stepped up in the pocket netter today than recently. That’s definitely a good thing that hopefully goes back to being second nature for him so he doesn’t have to think about it.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #327
Veteran

I feel like the first 10 - 15 scripted plays are pretty decent, then everything goes to hell quickly after.
FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #328
The Beast Inside Your Head

I wonder how much we miss having Fisher and Schwartz to buy him a bit of time from edge rushers? It still always seems like the rush is in his lap
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #329
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I have a feeling that's happening no matter how this season turns out. We talk about how this that or the other doesn't look right, but Andy doesn't look right. Or sound right.
He really looks unhealthy. Dude can barely walk.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #330
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
This is dumb. He has been an elite pocket and elite pocket passer in his career. The way you guys talk, it's like he's a system QB who's only good in one system.

Like if he can't find the wide open WRs just because he's in a pocket, then I don't know how you can be positive about the whole situation. Its like saying a RB is only good when he has bad blocking. Makes no sense.

Something is just wrong, either mentally or physically or both.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.