Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2021, 10:14 PM  
Thank you

Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks

"broken" "abomination" "Rick Ankiel"

These are all words that people used to describe Patrick ****ing Mahomes tonight. I mean, are you listening to yourselves? Rick ****ING Ankiel?????

Look, I'm not going to pretend like he's been himself all year. He's not seeing the field as well as usual, he's struggling to trust his OL and occasionally scrambling out of clean pockets, he's missing some throws, some of those turnovers have actually been his fault and not just the receivers being unable to hold onto the ****in ball.

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

What you DO know, based on a 3 season sample size, is that he's the greatest QB through ~50 games in NFL history. You know that he's won multiple comeback playoff games, two AFC titles, and a Super Bowl. You even know (or at least you ****ing should, unless you've been too busy moaning to actually read anything), that by most metrics he's actually been pretty good overall this season. His "turnover worthy" plays are actually DOWN from past years. He's #4 in the league in touchdowns. His TD% is identical to last season and higher that 2019. Before Tennessee, which is easily the biggest outlier of his career including the other "bad" games this season, he was leading one of the most efficient offenses of all time in terms of points per drive — yes, better than 2018. I know it doesn't feel that way because so many guys on this team (including, yes, Patrick himself on a few occasions) can't hold onto the ****ing ball. But that's the ****ing truth.

If he were moping during press conferences or lashing out on social media, I might give a little bit more credence to the narrative that he's moments away from a nervous breakdown. Not very much, but a little bit. But he's not. He's being honest (almost to a fault) about his role in the team's struggles and projecting confidence that he can turn it around. What more can he possibly do to convince some of you losers to hold onto a bit of that confidence yourselves? Does he need to go back in time and miraculously heal Schwartz and Fisher and win that Super Bowl? Should he just commit seppuku at midfield? What do you want??

Patrick Mahomes is not broken. He's slumping. Every QB slumps occasionally. Not every QB calls having the 4th best QBR (64.1) and 6th best EPA (46.3, just above the dreaded Aaron Rodgers) a ****ing slump. Personally, even after 8 underwhelming-to-miserable games and a 4-4 record, I'm gonna give the kid a little more leeway before calling for him to be committed to the god damn psych ward. I think he's earned at least that much.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #301
Please squeeze

I think I have an idea what is wrong with Mahomes. Don't know if it is the coaches or himself but this thought of trying to make him a pocket passer isn't working. That last play illustrated that, he is better running around making plays. He isn't going to be Tom Brady standing in the pocket all the time.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #302
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Sure, it's just the "I was right all along" narrative that usually happens around here after we've argued like children for weeks on end.... Mahomes throws for 150 yards the week after struggling mightily against one of the worst defenses in the league, but makes a couple Mahomes-like throws at the end of the game.... and suddenly everyone else is the idiot.

That's all.... not trying to be part of the whiny chicken little bunch to shit on the parade of happiness after a win, and I really ****ing hope it sparks something for the offense.

It's been a long ass season already and no one expected to be 5-4, but then again... the Bills are 5-3, the Browns are 5-4, Chiefs are 1/2 a game out of first.

Still time to get things right.
Definitely not a good game overall but if we're looking for something that can help Patrick get right mentally, that last drive is exactly the sort of thing you want.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #303
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You're ignoring the other 59 minutes of this game that he looked like a bag of smashed assholes.

He is playing badly right now and there's clearly something wrong.
Yeah - not sure how this is a discussion.

I’m a Chiefs fan, y’all. If I’m an expert on ANYTHING its bad quarterback play. And fellas - out quarterback is presently playing bad football. Just not much of a counter to be made there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:49 PM   #304
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
The offense just can't sustain a good rhythm. Whenever it looks like they've got one going, there's a turnover or a penalty or in this game, an injury that leads to ****in Andrew Wylie playing at right tackle. Patrick is struggling to get the offense back into a rhythm whenever one of those things happens. I honestly think that sealing the game with those throws will help boost his confidence going into next week. It'll still take everyone from Mahomes to Reid/EB to the rest of the offense to pull it together, but optimism just feels better than pessimism, y'know?
Heh, I was literally telling someone that the other night.... and I've really wanted to be there all season, but the combo of the Titans game and the major WTF last week kind of broke me.

Or maybe I'm just struggling.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:49 PM   #305
Wheeeeee!!!

I just want to know which one of you is responsible for this:
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...trick-mahomes/
4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #306
Veteran

Quote:
Definitely not a good game overall but if we're looking for something that can help Patrick get right mentally, that last drive is exactly the sort of thing you want.
Unfortunately I had this same thought after the second half of the WFT game. Boy was I wrong.
FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #307
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I think I have an idea what is wrong with Mahomes. Don't know if it is the coaches or himself but this thought of trying to make him a pocket passer isn't working. That last play illustrated that, he is better running around making plays. He isn't going to be Tom Brady standing in the pocket all the time.
He's a good pocket passer when he can trust his OL, he just hasn't been able to do that since the SB. I'm sure Wylie waddling out onto the field gave him PTSD flashbacks.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #308
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Hmm I guess I'm going to take the fact that he made two passes down the stretch to win the game as a positive sign, but that's just me!!!!
Yeah, if he WOULDN'T have made them, I would be worried...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #309
Veteran

Quote:
The offense just can't sustain a good rhythm. Whenever it looks like they've got one going, there's a turnover or a penalty or in this game, an injury that leads to ****in Andrew Wylie playing at right tackle. Patrick is struggling to get the offense back into a rhythm whenever one of those things happens. I honestly think that sealing the game with those throws will help boost his confidence going into next week. It'll still take everyone from Mahomes to Reid/EB to the rest of the offense to pull it together, but optimism just feels better than pessimism, y'know?
I feel ya.

I'm more of a "believe it when I see it" kind of guy. If the offense makes progress next week I'll feel a lot better.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #310
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th and Long View Post
I just want to know which one of you is responsible for this:
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...trick-mahomes/
I don't ever hope someone actually dies...but whoever wrote that article can gargle with broken glass before enjoying a nice, fresh AIDS/antifreeze smoothie.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #311
Please squeeze

Quote:
He's a good pocket passer when he can trust his OL, he just hasn't been able to do that since the SB. I'm sure Wylie waddling out onto the field gave him PTSD flashbacks.
I am sure that is some of it. Tonight he only bailed out of the pocket once and that was the game clinching play
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #312
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Dudes….

It’s a W. We are one half game back out of first in a crowded West. Patrick didn’t just forget how be great. He’s in a funk, as are our Coaches, IMO. Not sure if it’s focus or what, but it’s crazy to think we can’t be better if a few things just go our way.

It’s a good day.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #313
In Search of a Life

He's clearly not right but I'm really curious - as noted in the game thread - as to what the reasons are that he's playing like azz. Are the coaches screwing him up? Is he injured? Has he actually lost it? The receivers haven't helped the case but the lack of rhythm should concern all Chiefs fans.

Luckily, no other team is out of reach so no need for the "lost season" talk but really would like someone to ask Mahomes WTF is wrong with you the past 5 games?
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:54 PM   #314
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
With Wilie Coyote at RT.

Our offense was humming until Niang went down that made a big difference.

Do you agree or disagree?

No. The drop from Niang to him is not that big to blame a struggling offense. Plus Mahomes was not pressured much tonight. Wylie started 14 games last season and 11 the year before. We have half a season of evidence showing it’s not about the right tackle.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:54 PM   #315
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Dudes….

It’s a W. We are one half game back out of first in a crowded West. Patrick didn’t just forget how be great. He’s in a funk, as are our Coaches, IMO. Not sure if it’s focus or what, but it’s crazy to think we can’t be better if a few things just go our way.

It’s a good day.
Everything that could go against us has gone against us. We’ve really gotten zero luck this year compared to years past and we’re still above 500. Dallas got their asses kicked by Denver and Buffalo got beat by Jax…crazy stuff happens in the NFL.
FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.