Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2017, 11:06 AM  
Mod Team

***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***

We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #301
SuperChiefs

I just picked up a new AreoGarden at an auction for half of list. I've been wanting one forever but was hoping the price would come don before I pulled the trigger. I can't wait for the fresh herbs
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #302
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachief58 View Post
I just picked up a new AreoGarden at an auction for half of list. I've been wanting one forever but was hoping the price would come don before I pulled the trigger. I can't wait for the fresh herbs
Let me know how that goes. Very interesting but I've never pulled the trigger based on price.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #303
Supporter

Quote:
That's interesting. Limited space? Curious, don't know much about them except what comes up on a search.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #304
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Let me know how that goes. Very interesting but I've never pulled the trigger based on price.
A buddy of mine has had one for about 3 years now. the only thing he's had trouble with are the chives. Basil and cilantro grow like weeds though
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #305
Supporter

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I snacked on my own home grown grapes while watching Mahomes light it up Thursday night.

They are small this second year, but have that conchord taste, but with seeds you have to spit out. Very happy and they should be better next year.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #306
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
That's interesting. Limited space? Curious, don't know much about them except what comes up on a search.
It's basically a mini hydroponics system tha sits on your counter. You can order the pods and food online. It has a built in timer and tells you when to add water and food.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #307
SuperChiefs

Here is my setup

or not. won't let me upload from my phone
Old 09-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #308
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Oh yeah, almost forgot. I snacked on my own home grown grapes while watching Mahomes light it up Thursday night.

They are small this second year, but have that conchord taste, but with seeds you have to spit out. Very happy and they should be better next year.
Nice!

I had a 2 year old grapevine this year and the grapes were super delicious but small and not many made if past the birds. I have Thompson Flameless seedless, which I love. What do you have your vine trellising on?

I heard year 3 is great though!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #309
Mod Team

Quote:
It's basically a mini hydroponics system tha sits on your counter. You can order the pods and food online. It has a built in timer and tells you when to add water and food.
I also think it's a no go for me based on our cat.

She eats ANY plant that's alive in our house. Bring in a rose from the yard.....leaves ripped off and barf found around the house.

Nice green house plant for the bathroom. Bark used as a scratching post and cat bite marks across all the leaves. Barf left around the house.

****ING WORTHLESS!!!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #310
SuperChiefs

Quote:
I also think it's a no go for me based on our cat.

She eats ANY plant that's alive in our house. Bring in a rose from the yard.....leaves ripped off and barf found around the house.

Nice green house plant for the bathroom. Bark used as a scratching post and cat bite marks across all the leaves. Barf left around the house.

****ING WORTHLESS!!!
Grow some Thai basil, let the cat eat it then stirfry the little bastard. Problem solved
Old 09-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #311
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Not a bad year at all, but the same spot burnt out (because flights window reflection) and the same area under the deck tuned to mud (because the deck grew) so GloryDayz will be doing some serious flat work and not fighting mother nature any more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #312
Supporter

Quote:
Wow, that sounds cool for a lot of things that grow! looking forward to you being able to post your setup!

Quote:
Nice!

I had a 2 year old grapevine this year and the grapes were super delicious but small and not many made if past the birds. I have Thompson Flameless seedless, which I love. What do you have your vine trellising on?

I heard year 3 is great though!
I have them in huge pots on the back deck. Last year the vines went crazy with no grapes and then I read up on how to do it. I cut them back and tied them 1/4 cable running along the lattice work. It turned out to be vines or grapes, I chose grapes.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #313
Supporter

Quote:
I had one for a few years before the pump failed. It was fun to watch the stuff grow. You'll have a good time.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #314
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

Quote:

I've had one for more than a decade now. Got one of the originals for Christmas.

Parsley, thyme, and basil grow crazy good. The rosemary didn't do well at all. I've also had really good yield from their little pepper plants.

I just bought one of their seed starter kits to use for next year's outdoor garden.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #315
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
I had one for a few years before the pump failed. It was fun to watch the stuff grow. You'll have a good time.

Pump replacements are like $12.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.