Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2022 at 01:52 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:18 PM   #301
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Hard to say, I'll give you the long answer to say not really.

OTC and Spotrac have his contract f'd up right now I think. According to the original reports, he shaved money off the deal but that's not what either site is showing.

His contract was supposed to be converted to a 2-year, $29 million deal with up to $7 million in incentives that could make it worth $36 million. As well, he is supposed to make $1.2 million more than the cap savings that were to be realized.

IIRC, he would have saved 12.7 million in a cut, which means he should be on the cap at 13.9 this year. They have 13.7, so horse a piece on this year in terms of real dollars. Next year is what is ****ed for sure because they have him at $28.675 million. Salary is also rolled into bonus money over the two years as part of their numbers, which is unlikely to have happened.

If the bonus part is correct, then next year's salary figure should be $5,725,000 and makes both years of the contract have negative cap implications if he is cut (I find that unlikely).

The incentives of $7 million, whether spread over both years or not, make me "think" they are wrong on the prorated bonus spread too.

All told, it's really hard to figure out what the implications are until his contract numbers are actually corrected. I would have to guess that trading him this year will absolutely have a negative cap effect, which means that probably isn't on the table either way.
Thanks as always KCCROW - I guess I was trying to think outside the box.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #302
MVP

I'm really starting to lean into Devonte Wyatt.

And then maybe a Sam Williams in the second.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:25 AM   #303
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

I think this is becoming the fanships consensus
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-20-2022, 12:13 PM   #304
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Wyatt or Travis Jones round 1
Best DE left round 2, with possible trade up

Any combination of Wyatt/Jones and Sam Williams/Cam Thomas looks pretty outstanding to me.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #305
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Any combination of Wyatt/Jones and Sam Williams/Cam Thomas looks pretty outstanding to me.
that would be ideal....do it vetch
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2022, 12:39 PM   #306
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That sounds great, and I’d be more than happy with it.

But I think I’d rather have David Ojabo and Logan Hall.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2022, 12:55 PM   #307
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
That sounds great, and I’d be more than happy with it.

But I think I’d rather have David Ojabo and Logan Hall.
I'm not as sold on Ojabo as you but won't complain about them taking a big swing if it works out.

The Eagles are the team that should be taking advantage of him falling due to injury, though. Or the Jags.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #308
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I'm not as sold on Ojabo as you but won't complain about them taking a big swing if it works out.

The Eagles are the team that should be taking advantage of him falling due to injury, though. Or the Jags.
That's the other thought.

If he's there around 25+, the Jags will start working the phones to move up from the 2nd. They could move 33 and 70 and get to about NE's spot.

Gotta figure they start making calls the moment that becomes a realistic possibility. Even sitting pat at 30 would probably see GB or Miami willing to trade their picks right ahead of us to a team that is looking to come grab him.

Let's say you're the Jets and you like him but can't take an injured player at 7 and you think there's a 50/50 chance he makes it to one of your picks in the 2nd.

Okay, you've got 35 and 38 to work with. And you want him in the first anyway because you get that 5th year option and can use this season as something of a red shirt. So you don't even risk not seeing him until 2 because you can use that other 2nd rounder to purchase a red shirt season.

So when Olave isn't there and GB isn't sold on Dotson, you call GB at 22 and you offer 35, 38 and 163 for 22 and 53. Then you take Ojabe and you're probably in a nice spot at 53 to get a nice S or CB option.

I hadn't really thought about that possibility but there's probably a pretty good chance that some team trades ahead of us to grab him from the top of the 2nd. When you're building foundation you draft for upside more than depth and those teams have the time to let him rehab. So why wouldn't you trade a little bit of draft position on guys you're likely looking at as depth pieces anyway for the possibility of grabbing a real blue-chipper.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:44 PM   #309
Veteran

Has anyone watched dayo odeyingbo for the colts? He tore his Achilles and came back for 10 games. If we could reasonably predict that ojabo could come back healthy, take him at 30 AND Sam Williams in the 2nd? First two picks are edge?
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:54 AM   #310
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

Here's the thing though, as much as I've been pounding the drum for Wyatt he's only accomplished 5 sacks in 4 years of college ball. Is that really the answer for us at Pass Rush?

Meanwhile, a guy like Eyioma Uwazurike had 9 sacks just last season at DT and is going in like the 4th RD, not to mention Demarvin Leal who had 8.5 sacks last year and is likely going in RD 2.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-22-2022 at 07:07 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:56 AM   #311
'Tis my eye!

Given the current holes in the roster (knowing that free agency isn't over, though) I'm not really in favor of drafting someone who can't play right away.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:14 AM   #312
MVP

Would Winfrey be a huge reach at 30? I really like him a lot
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:20 AM   #313
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Here's the thing though, as much as I've been pounding the drum for Wyatt he's only accomplished 5 sacks in 4 years of college ball. Is that really the answer for us at Pass Rush?

Meanwhile, a guy like Eyioma Uwazurike had 9 sacks just last season at DT and is going in like the 4th RD, not to mention Demarvin Leal who had 8.5 sacks last year and is likely going in RD 2.
You have to consider what he had around him too. He wasn't going to get sacks in bunches, because he had other studs racing to the QB.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:35 AM   #314
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
You have to consider what he had around him too. He wasn't going to get sacks in bunches, because he had other studs racing to the QB.
Shouldn't having absolute studs around him increase his stats? AND isn't that sort of the argument for bringing him in next to C Jones, because together they would reak havoc on the opposing team's interior OL together?

I'm losing faith in my 1st round draft crush lol
Old 03-22-2022, 07:41 AM   #315
Baba Ganoush

Mel Kipers latest mock

30. Kansas City Chiefs
George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.