Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-10-2023, 03:15 PM   #286
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
There was a point in my life where i thought, if i had a dog, it had to be the baddest dog on the block. High energy, strong, healthy....one not to be ****ed with. One that could protect the fam.

Then i had dogs like that.

And then i grew up. And i realized that those kinda dogs are a mother****er to maintain correctly. And the things i was looking for didn't matter.

Yeah, a Pitt would rip my dogs to pieces. And they ain't defending anyone from anybody.

And I don't care. Life is much easier and more pleasant with dogs that don't wig the **** out when a friend comes over.
I got fascinated by this. Some college nerd did a survey of criminals who were repeat offenders/arrested for breaking and entering. Something like 70% of the respondents said a home having a dog was the biggest reason they'd avoid breaking in, but not because of the type of dog, but because of the noise they make.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 03:18 PM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I got fascinated by this. Some college nerd did a survey of criminals who were repeat offenders/arrested for breaking and entering. Something like 70% of the respondents said a home having a dog was the biggest reason they'd avoid breaking in, but not because of the type of dog, but because of the noise they make.
****in yapping dogs, man.
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #288
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
The dog’s owner in these cases should be punished as if they committed the offense the dog did.
That died little good if the Pit mauls/kills another dog, child, or adult.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:36 PM   #289
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
There are black labs

the rest are just dogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Our black lab is the sweetest dog you’d ever meet. Annoying, but sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I've never known a mean Golden Retriever.
Labs and Golden Retrievers are awesome pets!
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:37 PM   #290
Three-Pat

Quote:
Corgis aren’t known for being mean either.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 01-10-2023, 03:43 PM   #291
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Right, hence me saying a deep bark would be a plus..and why I would personally not bother to own a toy breed.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:45 PM   #292

I once had a lab mix. We were told he was a lab/chow mix but I'm thinking he may have had some Newfoundland in him.

He was only 65 pounds but with his bark you'd think he was 10 feet tall. I had friends who would literally refuse to come into my house after hearing him bark. A random burglar would have never bothered.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:48 PM   #293
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Right, hence me saying a deep bark would be a plus..and why I would personally not bother to own a toy breed.
In the survey the type of bark didn't really seem to make a difference, just noise in general was indicated as a huge problem. But I can get the argument that a deeper bark would travel further.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:48 PM   #294
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
It's not the dog that bothers would be intruders, it's the dog alerting the residents. The deep bark doesn't matter so much. It's the noise. It gathers attention, alerts residents, neighbors etc.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 04:00 PM   #295

Quote:
In the survey the type of bark didn't really seem to make a difference, just noise in general was indicated as a huge problem. But I can get the argument that a deeper bark would travel further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
It's not the dog that bothers would be intruders, it's the dog alerting the residents. The deep bark doesn't matter so much. It's the noise. It gathers attention, alerts residents, neighbors etc.
I'm sure you're right. It's probably just easier to find a home without a pet muddying things up.

I'd still prefer a deeper bark to intimidate just in case someone is feeling bold or has weapons.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:01 PM   #296
hoc impetu faciendo non stabit

Quote:
They are awesome dogs. Friendly as can be.
NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:02 PM   #297

Quote:
That actually makes perfect sense.
NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:04 PM   #298

Quote:
My daughter's 4.5 lb pom begs to differ. Little ****er makes more noise than 90% of the dogs I come across. But we love him anyway.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:11 PM   #299
In Search of a Life

I also bet that survey was conducted prior to almost everyone having video doorbells and cameras everywhere like so many (me included) do now. I mean, regardless of dog or no dog (we have two that can be surprisingly loud for the fact that anyone could punt them 50 yards), you'd have to be a total moran to break into a house in a neighborhood worth breaking into these days.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:12 PM   #300
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
I also bet that survey was conducted prior to almost everyone having video doorbells and cameras everywhere like so many (me included) do now. I mean, regardless of dog or no dog (we have two that can be surprisingly loud for the fact that anyone could punt them 50 yards), you'd have to be a total moran to break into a house in a neighborhood worth breaking into these days.
Good point.