Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2022, 08:55 AM  
How tall is this thing?

HALLOWEEN ENDS

Do NOT pay money for this.

Massive fail. Watch on Peacock if you absolutely must see it.

Spoiler!
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #16
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
It's subjective but I'm not one of those hard-to-scare types.

Halloween and Halloween Kills both had some tense situations. I was scared by contemporary horror flicks like the films in the Conjuring universe, Insidious, The Nun, etc.

If you haven't seen Ends, you won't know what we're getting at but once you see it, you'll understand. The movie just wasn't scary and, honestly, didn't even seem to try.
I honestly can't say I've seen a true horror movie since the late 80's. They just don't make them like they used to.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #17
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
They need to stop making these. They have been terrible for years. I only like the first 2. Part 4 and 5 were watchable, after that forget it.

I disagree.

Halloween (78), Halloween 2, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween H20, Halloween (07), Halloween (18), and Halloween Kills were all enjoyable watches.

Halloween Ends is down there with the dregs of the franchise with The Curse of Michael Myers and Resurrection.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:55 PM   #18
The Beast Inside Your Head

How can you **** up Michael Myers and Luke Skywalker this bad?
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:22 PM   #19
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I disagree.

Halloween (78), Halloween 2, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween H20, Halloween (07), Halloween (18), and Halloween Kills were all enjoyable watches.

Halloween Ends is down there with the dregs of the franchise with The Curse of Michael Myers and Resurrection.
Halloween Kills was a "witch hunt" which never should have taken place. If Michael Myers DIES in the end of Halloween (2019) then this series ENDS the way it SHOULD have. Let's make more $$$$$$$$ and RUIN the franchise
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:40 PM   #20
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Halloween Kills was a "witch hunt" which never should have taken place. If Michael Myers DIES in the end of Halloween (2019) then this series ENDS the way it SHOULD have. Let's make more $$$$$$$$ and RUIN the franchise

I was mostly disagreeing with homeboy saying they've been "Terrible for years".

07 was a good reboot, 18 was a good reboot.

The franchise has generally been more good than bad.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:46 PM   #21
Starter

Yeah i definitely wouldnt pay money to see this,although it was more watchable than Resurrection,thats not saying much.Dont know if i need spoiler tags,but just in case.
Spoiler!
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 03:00 PM   #22
Rookie

99% of the horror genre is garbage. Of course it's subjective, but I can count the number of truly great horror films on my fingers and toes, and have a few digits left over.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:19 PM   #23
'Tis my eye!

My problem is with hyper-violence. I don't think it's necessary and in many cases, the gratuitous nature of it overwhelms any "horror" one might feel.

The Terrorizer 2 is a good example of this. All anybody is talking about is that people fainted and puked during early screenings because it's positively over the top violent.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #24
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
My problem is with hyper-violence. I don't think it's necessary and in many cases, the gratuitous nature of it overwhelms any "horror" one might feel.

The Terrorizer 2 is a good example of this. All anybody is talking about is that people fainted and puked during early screenings because it's positively over the top violent.
Agreed 100%

The best horror movie of all time is The Shining IMO, and there are only two deaths with almost no gore

That over the top shit just doesn't appeal to me, thats why I can't stand the SAW series and other similar titles
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:36 PM   #25
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Agreed 100%

The best horror movie of all time is The Shining IMO, and there are only two deaths with almost no gore

That over the top shit just doesn't appeal to me, thats why I can't stand the SAW series and other similar titles
Think about the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That scene where Leatherface slams the metal door shut. All we see is the knockout blow - the guy is still alive, with all his guts intact, when the door closes.

****ing terrifying.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #26
Starter

Yeah i dont really even watch newer horror movies.I dont care for the Saw movies either,but they've only gotten worse since then.They're really just for shock value these days,and try to one up each other.But if that movie actually made people throw up,i'm thinking they shouldnt be watching those in the first place.

As far as what makes a good horror movie,depends on the person of course.Psycho,The Shining,The Exorcist,The Birds,Rosemarys Baby ? There are so many.

Halloween i think gets credit for being the first ''slasher'' film,or horror movie with a man in a mask stalking his victims,and of course its effective in doing that without excessive gore.

BTW did you all know Halloween 78 made its big screen debut in KC of all places ? I was kind of amazed when i read that somewhere,they had no idea it would become such a huge hit i suppose.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:59 PM   #27
pie is never free

Quote:
Think about the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That scene where Leatherface slams the metal door shut. All we see is the knockout blow - the guy is still alive, with all his guts intact, when the door closes.

****ing terrifying.
PERFECT reference

I mean yeah... theres a fair amount of gore in that flic, but as you say sometimes letting someones imagination do the dirty work is even scarier than spelling it out for them
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Agreed 100%

Yup, the best horror flicks induce tension or dread(Alien is my all time favorite), which is why I'm so partial to A24 flicks. Shock value is usually laziness masquerading as horror.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:06 PM   #29
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Quote:
Agreed 100%

I don't generally look at gorefest movies as horror movies, though they frequently overlap. And you're right in noting that they don't need to show the violence and gore. They don't need to show sex scenes in movies either, and they still do.

It's a by-product of the changing in how the standards overlords have changed the rules over the decades.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:40 PM   #30
Cheat Death

Horror is huge a genre with many subgenres, similar to metal music. Everyone can find something they like and a lot they don't like.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.