Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 02:15 PM  
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Anybody have a Malinois or other high-energy dog?

I have a 5 month old Malinois, got him a couple months ago. Love him. He's the typical high-motor player. Always wants to play ball, follows everywhere I go and gets there first.

I'm looking for other things to give him to do. I play ball with him, take him hiking or walking every day, have multiple toys for him, have a bungee toy hanging from the tree. I've looked in to Schutzhund training for him but it's not for me right now.

What do you do for your high-energy pup?

vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:14 PM   #16
The Boom Boom Room

Gotta have alot of chew toys and pull toys at your disposal, if you have a dog with high possession they'll obsess over them all day especially when they know it's a game of keepaway and they'll win no matter what
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:26 PM   #17
Itinerant degenerate.

We have a Bernese Mountain Dog that is as active as she is big. And she’s a BIG gal. The usual dog toys last about 30 minutes with her.

There is a bone toy that she loves, I’m not sure who makes it, but it’s a fairly large, hollow bone that comes filled with peanut butter. She spends hours working on those things.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:17 AM   #18
Veteran

This dog needs work... daily. Probably smarter than a lot of people I know. How much time & money do you have? One thing you could do is protection training for him and you. This would feed the high-drive and ultimately give you more control over him in all situations.

If you have a lot of time and want to travel... he could be trained to sniff Corona Virus in human sweat. However, once complete you would have to contract him (and yourself) out in order to get practice. In any event, that dog is smart and needs work or he's not happy.

I know excellent trainers in Tucson.
Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:13 AM   #19
MVP

I have Brittany Spaniels. Originally i just had one male, and quickly realized i couldn't possibly keep this dog happy on my own. A second dog made all the difference. They play with each other all damn day and come in at night (mostly) calm and tolerable. The best thing i did was buy a house with two big oak trees, we have squirrels out the ass and they chase and watch them all damn day, its become their job and mission in life to protect our home from these vermin. And its a plus because all the running keeps them in shape for the few times a year we actually get to bird hunt.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #20
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Cool. How was it? The bond between handler and dog was probably something to see.
If you want to see a bond between handler and dog, search "Leader Dogs for the Blind" and "Client stories" on you tube. We have met the blind clients that have received the guide dog puppy we raised, and hear the stories of what the dog means to them..... its a cry fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYHmttAgBFU
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:37 AM   #21
Veteran

I think my dog is mostly a jack Russell Chihuahua mix. Pretty low key but does love to run around with the neighbors husky.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #22
Veteran

I’d never heard of that breed but he’s a good looking dog! We have a husky cross that’s also high energy to say the least.we live on a half section so plenty of room to run unfortunately it butts up to a state lake and camp ground.I can’t keep her from going to the camp ground and visiting.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:02 PM   #23
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I have an Australian Cattle Dog. He's old now, but that dude needs shit to do. I don't know if BM's are like that, but he was bred to do a job, once he internalized what his jobs were he calmed down a lot.

Some of it might be mental stimulation as much as physical.

Good Luck.
Thanks. Yep, Malis are work dogs too and they are EXACTLY like that. Need shit to do.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:03 PM   #24
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Gotta have alot of chew toys and pull toys at your disposal, if you have a dog with high possession they'll obsess over them all day especially when they know it's a game of keepaway and they'll win no matter what
True. I have toys all over the place. That's for when he's calm. Bastard needs to run.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:05 PM   #25
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
We have a Bernese Mountain Dog that is as active as she is big. And she’s a BIG gal. The usual dog toys last about 30 minutes with her.

There is a bone toy that she loves, I’m not sure who makes it, but it’s a fairly large, hollow bone that comes filled with peanut butter. She spends hours working on those things.
Holy crap, yeah, BMDs are frigging horses. The peanut butter bone sounds cool. I spread chilled peanut butter on the wall in the shower when I wash him. Little dude is so busy trying to lick it he forgets to fight the bathing.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #26
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser View Post
This dog needs work... daily. Probably smarter than a lot of people I know. How much time & money do you have? One thing you could do is protection training for him and you. This would feed the high-drive and ultimately give you more control over him in all situations.

If you have a lot of time and want to travel... he could be trained to sniff Corona Virus in human sweat. However, once complete you would have to contract him (and yourself) out in order to get practice. In any event, that dog is smart and needs work or he's not happy.

I know excellent trainers in Tucson.
You sound like you know your Mals. Trained to sniff out CV in sweat? Really?
Old 04-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #27
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I have Brittany Spaniels. Originally i just had one male, and quickly realized i couldn't possibly keep this dog happy on my own. A second dog made all the difference. They play with each other all damn day and come in at night (mostly) calm and tolerable. The best thing i did was buy a house with two big oak trees, we have squirrels out the ass and they chase and watch them all damn day, its become their job and mission in life to protect our home from these vermin. And its a plus because all the running keeps them in shape for the few times a year we actually get to bird hunt.
I have seriously considered getting a second one for just the reasons you describe.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:08 PM   #28
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford View Post
If you want to see a bond between handler and dog, search "Leader Dogs for the Blind" and "Client stories" on you tube. We have met the blind clients that have received the guide dog puppy we raised, and hear the stories of what the dog means to them..... its a cry fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYHmttAgBFU
Wow.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:09 PM   #29
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
I think my dog is mostly a jack Russell Chihuahua mix. Pretty low key but does love to run around with the neighbors husky.
Hah, sounds like a cool little doggo.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:10 PM   #30
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
I’d never heard of that breed but he’s a good looking dog! We have a husky cross that’s also high energy to say the least.we live on a half section so plenty of room to run unfortunately it butts up to a state lake and camp ground.I can’t keep her from going to the camp ground and visiting.
Sounds like an ideal place for a dog. She's a lucky girl.