Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-30-2021, 11:27 AM  
Supporter

LG OLED: Tell me about it

Our 70" Vizio M series finally died last week, and we need a new living room TV. I almost made an impulse buy on a Samsung 82/85" at Sams before the game last Sunday, but thought better of it.

We have a 55" Panasonic plasma covering us until the new TV has been purchased.

I saw a 65" LG OLED in Sams that was awesome, but we can not step down in size. LG has a 77" model that gets great reviews, and is currently at $3300. I will have to order and wait 2 weeks to receive.

Tell me about them. Do you own one, do you have friends that own one? I want to know if the step up in price is worth it. We use the TV often.

Thanks guys.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:25 AM   #16
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Best Buy...out here....

Walmart
Sams
Target

Our options are immense!

I really, REALLY miss Sears.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:32 AM   #17
Now you've pissed me off!

The 77" CX series is the best you are going to find and the prices are difficult to beat right now. I recently purchased a Vizio 65" OLED as the future secondary TV (it is essentially a re-badged LG BX series) for $1499, and it is an excellent TV.

The only reason I didn't opt for a 77" CX is because we're building a new house with a theater room and I didn't want to drop 5-6K on a projector for the theater and another 3-4 on a TV that would be in the downstairs main room.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:45 AM   #18
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Best Buy...out here....
They ship, too.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:15 AM   #19
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
They ship, too.
Fair point.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:38 AM   #20
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

I have a LG OLED CX 65 inch. It is incredible. The colors just pop off the screen. I put it in a relatively bright room so I had to calibrate it myself but it truly is astounding.

If you've never used LG webos you might not like it at first. I personally like it and really like the magic remote. I tried a new Samsung for a bit but I wasn't impressed and preferred the LG interface. Having said that not all the apps you might use are available. Hbo max is not there and a couple of others I have to use chrome cast or apple play for. Not a big deal or anything but small things.

Anyways you won't be disappointed with the picture quality
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:00 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
I have a LG OLED CX 65 inch. It is incredible. The colors just pop off the screen. I put it in a relatively bright room so I had to calibrate it myself but it truly is astounding.

If you've never used LG webos you might not like it at first. I personally like it and really like the magic remote. I tried a new Samsung for a bit but I wasn't impressed and preferred the LG interface. Having said that not all the apps you might use are available. Hbo max is not there and a couple of others I have to use chrome cast or apple play for. Not a big deal or anything but small things.

I just added a streaming box and use the native Netflix app so I can get Dolby Vision. Like you said the limitations of the LG OS is no big deal.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-31-2021, 03:03 PM   #22
MVP

I’ve had a 55” LG for a few years as a bedroom TV and it’s great. Held up really well and each year gets some small improvements. Have a 77” Sony for my main room that uses the LG panel and it’s quite impressive. Don’t think you can go wrong with the CX 77.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-31-2021, 08:22 PM   #23
Veteran

For anyone looking to buy the 77”, the 2021s are coming soon and they are adding an 83”.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-31-2021, 10:09 PM   #24
In Mahomes I trust!

Ok so not like these other posters with larger than life TV screen sizes, simply put, I have an LG OLED TV in the man cave that is a 55" hooked up to a PS4 Pro - however, I only sit 7' from the TV so it works perfect for me and anything larger would be ridiculous. The picture quality and the refresh rate of the TV is incredible - I could not be happier with my purchase. I plan on replacing our living room TV with an LG OLED 70" with income tax return. Go with LG OLED - you will be VERY happy with your purchase!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:10 AM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post

I bought the same TV right after Christmas. Totally amazing.

WebOS is pretty ok but I have it hooked up to a Shield TV Pro.
scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.scorpio < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #26
World's finest morphius

Don't know much about the site, saw the sale linked somewhere else. 77" $400 visa card $3300

https://www.buydig.com/shop/product/...9700800a1c0e0c
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #27
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
Don't know much about the site, saw the sale linked somewhere else. 77" $400 visa card $3300

https://www.buydig.com/shop/product/...9700800a1c0e0c
Buydig is scary.

Lot of bad stories out there.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:58 PM   #28
Veteran

My only input...LG is perhaps the worst company I have ever had to deal with on warranty issues. TV is amazing, but I would try to get some protection plan that allowed you to avoid dealing with the LG offshore call center hell they put customers through.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:38 PM   #29
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
My only input...LG is perhaps the worst company I have ever had to deal with on warranty issues. TV is amazing, but I would try to get some protection plan that allowed you to avoid dealing with the LG offshore call center hell they put customers through.
Typical.

The only place I can buy from with any protection like that is Sams. Any other "extended warranty" bought online is throwing money away.

"So you want me to drive a 77" TV 6 hours for warranty work? GTFO"
Old 02-02-2021, 11:11 PM   #30
Fight, build, win!

B&H is a good online site with free shipping no sales tax outside of NY if they will ship to you.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...class_hdr.html
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.