Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2024, 09:27 AM   #2

I recently purchased just an old-school coffee maker and have been getting it set up each night for the following morning. It's kind of nice to just have a full pot of coffee made and ready in the morning. The whole pot easily costs less than a single Keurig K-cup. I realize this isn't a direct replacement for Keurig but just something to consider. In my mind I had pretty much forgotten that the old way was even an option.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:33 AM   #3
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

a regular ass coffee maker

its a hell of a lot cheaper too
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 09:37 AM   #4
Court Jester

Depends on how you like your coffee. Nespresso is probably a better alternative to using a Keurig, but it’s also more expensive.

I usually either make Cuban coffee in one of the little mocha pots with Cafe Pilón or Bustelo, or I do a French Press with dark roast beans. Depending on the time you want to spend making it and how you like your coffee, there’s a bunch of different options for making coffee.

That Ninja machine will do the trick, but you’ll probably want to choose the rich setting for making drip coffee and grind your own beans.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 09:37 AM   #5
SuperChiefs

The mrs bought a Nespresso machine that she really likes. I prefer making a pot of coffee the regular way, since I drink 2-3 cups a day
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:46 AM   #6
Feeling Victorian

Mr Coffee and Foldgers. Why in hell would you brew up one cup at a time? Not to mention the price of those Keurig packets.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 09:40 AM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanm View Post
Mr Coffee and Foldgers. Why in hell would you brew up one cup at a time? Not to mention the price of those Keurig packets.
Meh, we don't buy Keurig brand pods. We have found a couple that we like at Aldi. We both like the breakfast blend and I, personally, really like the Columbian one. They are about 0.37 per pod. Not that expensive for the convenience and speed. Also I have a smaller, cheaper Keurig at work.

We also buy the breakfast blend in grounds. But you guys have got me thinking that i need to go back to grinding beans. Not sure if they sell that in beans. We do have a local coffee shop that sells some amazing bourbon pecan beans. Might have to look into ordering online. Blackout coffee?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:51 AM   #8
Politically Incorrect

I have had my Keurig K-cup for nearly 5 years.

I use bottled water only, clean often and have 4-6 cups over 8 hours. I use my own personal Kcups and fill with Decaf.

How long did the most recent one last?

What was the fail?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:19 AM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I have had my Keurig K-cup for nearly 5 years.

I use bottled water only, clean often and have 4-6 cups over 8 hours. I use my own personal Kcups and fill with Decaf.

How long did the most recent one last?

What was the fail?
I think there is something to this. My friend does that and he's had his for several years.

My current one is about 3 years old. I think the heat element went out.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:26 AM   #10
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I think there is something to this. My friend does that and he's had his for several years.

My current one is about 3 years old. I think the heat element went out.
The water quality in Arizona is one of the worst and DESTROYS everything ot touches.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:34 AM   #11
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
The water quality in Arizona is one of the worst and DESTROYS everything ot touches.
You shower in it?

Watch your dick, man.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:06 PM   #12
Changes pants while driving

Quote:
It's filtered by all of the dead bodies in Lake Mead.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:01 AM   #13
Burger Meister Meister Burger

I love my Moccamaster, its a little pricy, but its been bullet proof for 6 years and makes the best coffee every time, well depending on the beans lol, oh and its very fast , full pot in about 5 mins.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NM...c3ce3718a&th=1
Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-09-2024, 05:46 PM   #14
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs View Post
I love my Moccamaster, its a little pricy, but its been bullet proof for 6 years and makes the best coffee every time, well depending on the beans lol, oh and its very fast , full pot in about 5 mins.

This! Water temperature is exceedingly important. This has a copper kettle inside and brews the perfect temp every time. I have one at home & one at the office.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 01:06 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs View Post

I have one with a smaller stainless steel carafe instead of the heating plate but it makes a damn good cup of coffee and also easy to adjust for a half pot. Basically get the results of a pour over if you also have a decent enough grinder.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli