Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM  
You Sweetie!

-- way back in the day - Noland Rd. (memory lane) *NFT

Honestly - did you ever 'cruise' Noland?

I was a tad young but would tag along w/ my sister and her friends when she'd allow it.

I remember the Wild Woodys - the Venture - there was an awesome video store where we'd rent Cheech and Chong movies. Let's see - Tippins, Arthur Treachers - Rustlers BBQ, Red Lobster, Fuddruckers.

Those were the days - 1969 Nova v8 w/ Cragar's.

WE WERE THERE!

reminiscing today for some reason...
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #16
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
Cruised it. From the car wash at 39th and Noland to the Food 4 Less parking lot at 40 Highway. Back and forth, rinse, repeat. Mostly in the early 90s.
me too, and I was from the ks side
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #17
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Question to you guys:

I lived in Independence until I was 12 or so (1992). When I go back, I am amazed at how crappy and run down the city is. Was it always like that or was I just too young to notice? Independence is kind of depressing now.
yes - it's always been like that - a ton of fat unhealthy people - crank, meth + ventilators.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #18
"Think BOOM!"

Do you have children, Simply Red?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #19
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
did you grown up in Lee's Summit?
No sir. Born and raised in Independence, about 2 miles south of MCI hospital. Went to Blackburn, Bridger and Truman High. I went to Lee's Summit after college when I finally saw how much of a s**thole Independence was.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #20
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
me too, and I was from the ks side
you drove all that way just to cruise noland freaking road?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #21
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Question to you guys:

I lived in Independence until I was 12 or so (1992). When I go back, I am amazed at how crappy and run down the city is. Was it always like that or was I just too young to notice? Independence is kind of depressing now.
Independence has depressed areas, true. But so does Overland Park. Metcalf north of I-435 looks a lot like US 40 through Independence. Independence also has some very nice neighborhoods. And we have real, legit history. The Independence square, all the Truman stuff, Three Trails, Community of Christ and Mormon church history, Vaille Mansion. Plus our parks and streets are in good shape.

And I can leave my house on a Chiefs game day and be tailgaiting 20 minutes later. That's pretty awesome.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #22
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Do you have children, Simply Red?
no sir. none

sometimes I hate I never did - other times I see just how hard it'd be in today's world to raise him/her/them.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #23
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
No sir. Born and raised in Independence, about 2 miles south of MCI hospital. Went to Blackburn, Bridger and Truman High. I went to Lee's Summit after college when I finally saw how much of a s**thole Independence was.
I (for some reason) remember the area from behind Rustlers and Wild Woodys working your way back to that small Independence Airport having a huge Italian population. At least in the late eighties it did.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #24
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
no sir. none

sometimes I hate I never did - other times I see just how hard it'd be in today's world to raise him/her/them.
Thanks.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #25
It Goes On

Quote:

Edit: I swear there was a YMCA near Noland and 35th, but I can't find it on a map.
It's behind Truman High School, just north of 35th.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Greater KC YMCA closed it a couple years ago. The building is still there, but it's not open.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #27
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
There it is.

Wow, it's way smaller than I remember it.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #28
It Goes On

Graduated from Truman in '94.
Cruised a little, but I typically hated it. Had a few contests with friends to see who would get the most phone numbers... then none of us would ever call.
Mostly, it was an annoyance to get through in transit to somewhere else.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #29
Be Kind To Your Pets

Hey and screw you guys calling my home town "a shithole." I'll fight each and every one of you, and bring my methed-out Camaro head pals along with me!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #30
It Goes On

Growing up in the Hickman Mills area till High School, Independence was the nicest place on the planet (and I really don't think it was that bad in the 90s). But from a Lee's Summit perspective, it's not great to drive through there, now. Still some great parts, but a lot run down, too.