Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Questions about Verizon's Home Internet thingie

So, A couple weeks ago I had to get a new phone (dropped the thing without its protective case and really cracked the screen good), and while I was picking it up at the store, the rep gave me this internet box thing to try out. Just plugged it in and everything seems to be functioning normally, so I'm not asking a tech question for once.

Just curious if anyone else has given this a try and what their impressions are/is this a good deal vs. cable?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #16
Ain't no relax!

It's OK for light internet usage. It's a pooled resource though, and performance will be dependent on current traffic and time of day. And mobile Verizon customers get data preference over home internet. It's had reliability complaints. My buddy uses it mainly just for streaming TVs, and has been mostly satisfied for the price. Don't expect to do any intense gaming though.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #17
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Also, at this point assuming I'll switch to this thing and ditch Cox, how do you change the password? Never going to remember that gobbledegook they used out of the box.
You should be able to connect to the device menu through a browser that is connected to the device.
either 10.0.0.1 or 192.0.0.1 then sign in.

look at your documentation
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #18
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
It's OK for light internet usage. It's a pooled resource though, and performance will be dependent on current traffic and time of day. And mobile Verizon customers get data preference over home internet. It's had reliability complaints. My buddy uses it mainly just for streaming TVs, and has been mostly satisfied for the price. Don't expect to do any intense gaming though.

When you say gaming, are we talking about PS gaming, or something else or does it matter? And what qualifies as intense?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #19
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
You should be able to connect to the device menu through a browser that is connected to the device.

Okay. Trying to figure this out just for you. If this doesn’t work, I’m suing you for dozens of rubles.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Megatron96
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: im not good at this stuff
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #20
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
When you say gaming, are we talking about PS gaming, or something else or does it matter? And what qualifies as intense?
First person shooters, racers, or any game that requires a low latency connection.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #21
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
First person shooters, racers, or any game that requires a low latency connection.
Ok. I’ll ask my nephew.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #22
Would an idiot do that?

Give it a couple months before dumping your current ISP... I don't know the specifics around Verizon's home internet, but there could be data caps or traffic issues at certain times that lead to deprioritization.

It could be great for a week or 4 weeks and then go to shit (had that happen with TMobile home internet and times where tethering to my phone that's hitting the same tower was faster than the home internet ).

Much like cell phone service, it's very hit or miss on overall experience.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #23
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Give it a couple months before dumping your current ISP... I don't know the specifics around Verizon's home internet, but there could be data caps or traffic issues at certain times that lead to deprioritization.

It could be great for a week or 4 weeks and then go to shit (had that happen with TMobile home internet and times where tethering to my phone that's hitting the same tower was faster than the home internet ).

Much like cell phone service, it's very hit or miss on overall experience.

Yeah, I just watched a couple vids on YT that reviewed this thing. They both said the same thing. So we'll see how this goes for a couple months then pull the plug on cox if everything is kosher.

Thx for the help guys. Really appreciate it.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #24
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

I . . . think I did it? Like 90something% sure?

Almost positive I won't be able to sue you, bud.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #25
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
I . . . think I did it? Like 90something% sure?

Almost positive I won't be able to sue you, bud.
Remember, I am a teacher at a private school. I get paid in chickens.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #26
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Yeah, I just watched a couple vids on YT that reviewed this thing. They both said the same thing. So we'll see how this goes for a couple months then pull the plug on cox if everything is kosher.

Thx for the help guys. Really appreciate it.
I was so freakin' psyched when I got TMobile internet for the first time... my ISP was ****ing awful and had a few bad outages within a few weeks, plus they couldn't ever figure out why I had other frequent issues.

I dumped them the day I got TMobile setup and really tried to wait out the bullshit, customer service runarounds talking about how they were working on towers, etc... and ended up crawling back.

I guess the one upside is maybe I'll get to dump them again one day.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #27
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Remember, I am a teacher at a private school. I get paid in chickens.

Perfect!!! I eat a lot of eggs.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #28
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I was so freakin' psyched when I got TMobile internet for the first time... my ISP was ****ing awful and had a few bad outages within a few weeks, plus they couldn't ever figure out why I had other frequent issues.

I dumped them the day I got TMobile setup and really tried to wait out the bullshit, customer service runarounds talking about how they were working on towers, etc... and ended up crawling back.

I guess the one upside is maybe I'll get to dump them again one day.

Yeah, the reviews I looked at said that I could run into those kinds of issues, so we'll see how it goes. I should be all right; the Verizon cell tower is about 200 yds due north of my house.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #29
Veteran

We switched from Spectrum to Verizon Home service about a year ago. The service is solid, no lagging or internet gaps in service. We use the box as a gateway and connect our own wireless router for the additional security features. Our monthly cost dropped 35 bucks. Well worth it. The only issue is that the IP address moves around the state, no real big deal for us.
Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.Chief Pote would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #30
Fight, build, win!

I Have the ATT version I use as a backup. My other access is through Spectrum which is so undependable that I have to reset the router sometimes 3 times a day. They come out and can't find a problem. Clip off the coaxial cable connector and put in a new one. Say it's fixed and a couple weeks later back to the same old crap. Google Fiber is on the way it has been on the way for several months. When it gets here I will be on it. Att Fiber is also not available here and I haven't gotten a mail flyer saying it's coming.

Anyway, it's been pretty good so far but I don't game. My Son and Daughter do through Steam on their computer and PlayStation. They have no complaints. They use it over Spectrum.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.