Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 11:11 AM  
Veteran

Where are the most desolate places in the lower 48?

I am looking for places in the lower 48 states that are the most desolate. Ones you go to when you want to get away from people.

A place where you might only see one other car drive down the highway every 30 minutes. An area with minimal paved roads and mostly gravel ones.

A place that's at least 200 miles from the nearest McDonald's or other chains.

A place with minimal cell phone service.

A place where if you get into an emergency, you have to be a man and toughen it out. You can't rely on first responders to bail you out.

What places come to mind?
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-07-2024, 12:04 PM   #16
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I am looking for places in the lower 48 states that are the most desolate. Ones you go to when you want to get away from people.

A place where you might only see one other car drive down the highway every 30 minutes. An area with minimal paved roads and mostly gravel ones.

A place where if you get into an emergency, you have to be a man and toughen it out. You can't rely on first responders to bail you out.

When we took the scenic route from Palm Springs to Vegas last summer it was the most desolate place I've seen. For about 3 hoiurs we didn't see a gas station, a convenience store, and maybe like 5 or 6 cars. About ran outta ****ing gas.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 12:18 PM   #17
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post

The backroads between Route 50 and Las Vegas is the most desolate place I've ever been. Even the Lunar Crater park was spooky because I was the only one there. Look out for speed traps if you go. The cops are total dicks.

The Salton Sea area in California is cool too.
The Loneliest Road in America.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 12:23 PM   #18
Politically Incorrect

On my drive from Phoenix to Vegas there were many areas of no man's land.....
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 12:42 PM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
The Loneliest Road in America.
What took you out that way? I always wanted to go to Great Basin National Park but it's really out of the way.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:09 PM   #20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
Route 50 in Nevada.
We came up on a guy who ran out of gas about an hour and a half west of Ely once. I offered him a ride but he had a box trailer and didn’t want to leave it so he asked us to call the highway patrol when we got service. We were almost to Ely before we had service. Not a good place for car trouble.
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:13 PM   #21
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I would suggest the Navajo nation. It's just you and your car. You can't even see signs of civilization off on the horizon.

In the pre-internet days, I accidentally got off the main route and took some County Road across a big chunk of West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. You don't see anybody there. I think I eventually found people making primitive spearheads in Clovis, New Mexico, or some place like that.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 02:06 PM   #22
pie is never free

When I took a train to LA back in 99, it passed through some parts of Texas that looked absolutely untouched by man

Not a road, house, power line or anything else in sight... nothing but desert and mountains as far as the eye can see
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 02:12 PM   #23
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
When I took a train to LA back in 99, it passed through some parts of Texas that looked absolutely untouched by man

Not a road, house, power line or anything else in sight... nothing but desert and mountains as far as the eye can see
Eastern CO is the same way. There are parts where civilization hasn't reached just yet.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 02:15 PM   #24
Cheat Death

Job Fair
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 02:26 PM   #25
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Eastern CO is the same way. There are parts where civilization hasn't reached just yet.
Yep I've passed through there 4 times on the way to other western locations over the years, definitely barren... its just as flat and boring to look at as Kansas
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 02:46 PM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Yep I've passed through there 4 times on the way to other western locations over the years, definitely barren... its just as flat and boring to look at as Kansas
LOL

No.

If I was going to murder and bury someone, East of Punkin Center Colorado is my choice.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:00 PM   #27
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Eastern Colorado is awful. Actually worse than western Kansas, especially if you've been driving through Kansas for hours waiting to hit the Colorado border, thinking about trees, mountains and anything but the vile, monotonous misery of western Kansas, only to have shit get worse, not better. Once you get past Denver, though, goddamn that drive on I-70 is magnificent.

But my first thought was central Wyoming. Desolate country is okay if it's interesting/pretty to look at (Utah, for example). Central Wyoming is nothing but flat desert with some rocks. At least there are living things and hints of civilization in the bad areas of Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska and South Dakota.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 03:06 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
What took you out that way? I always wanted to go to Great Basin National Park but it's really out of the way.
Never been, yet.

Roads are a hobby of mine and I have read about Route 50.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:14 PM   #29
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Eastern Colorado is awful. Actually worse than western Kansas, especially if you've been driving through Kansas for hours waiting to hit the Colorado border, thinking about trees, mountains and anything but the vile, monotonous misery of western Kansas, only to have shit get worse, not better. Once you get past Denver, though, goddamn that drive on I-70 is magnificent.

But my first thought was central Wyoming. Desolate country is okay if it's interesting/pretty to look at (Utah, for example). Central Wyoming is nothing but flat desert with some rocks. At least there are living things and hints of civilization in the bad areas of Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska and South Dakota.
I will be making that drive in 10 days. Been six years since Ive done it.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:36 PM   #30
Changes pants while driving

Quote:

Burying a body?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.