Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

"The refs!!!" and generational QBs

I've noticed that no matter what Mahomes does, there will always be a portion of opposing NFL fans who are both too stupid and too prideful to bend the knee. The problem for them is Mahomes has accomplished everything he needs to do to be a part of NFL QB Mt. Rushmore before he's even 30 years old, so they're going to latch on to the one bulletproof excuse they have left: The refs!

You saw it with that Kermit Raider fan wearing a Mahomes/ref kissing shirt. Go to any reddit/twatter/facespace/whatever thread and some hater will chime in with "Y no holding callz in teh Super Bowlz???"

Then it occurred to me that many of us were doing the same thing when it was our QBless trainwreck franchise trying to beat Manning, Brady, etc. for years. Even now I think back to that AFCC game and that ****ing horrific fake roughing call on Jones and the no-fumble verdict on Edelman and I can't help but shake my head and think those calls go different ways if we're not playing Brady.

So I guess now that I'm on the other side of things, and the losers who scream REFS! at all of Mahomes' accomplishments are making asses of themselves, I feel like I need to make a time machine and go back and slap myself in the face for being a sourpuss hater.

Are you in the same boat?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #16
Going home eventually

Mahomes does not get the calls from the refs. I say that as a long time chiefs fan from birth. I can prove it by saying this one word that absolutely means you are right in every situation:

FACTS
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #17
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
With Brady there's documented evidence, and the most damning was destroyed by Goodell.

Meh, some of the cheating scandals were 'real,' others not so much. Deflategate was just stupid. 1.5 lb. of air pressure difference is insignificant. And they fixed it before the second half, and after that NE went on to score 24 points or whatever. So that was irrelevant.

The filming of the other team's practices (think that was NYJ?) was also kind of dumb. Who needs to film the hapless Jets practices?

At the end of the day, Brady was elite for nearly 20 years. And Bill fielded great defenses for almost that entire span, many times without HoF players. I can't fathom crying about now.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #18
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Mahomes does not get the calls from the refs. I say that as a long time chiefs fan from birth. I can prove it by saying this one word that absolutely means you are right in every situation:

FACTS
He's been hit in the head without a flag more times that I can count. (See Chris Jones getting flagged for MAYBE dusting Brady's helmet.)
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #19
Sometimes it's black and white

It used to be, in general, the D could put bigger hits on QBs than now.

But Brady and Peyton for the second half of their careers were absolutely more protected than other QBs.

Now all QBs are more protected, in general. So I don't think Mahomes will ever get the benefit Brady did in that regard.

Say in games where Brady wasn't playing KC, I was kind of mixed. I didn't root for him but I didn't hate him. I respected what he accomplished. But say in playoff games (again where KC was not involved) he did seem to get PI calls at key moments more often than mere mortal QBs.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #20
Consuming CP souls

Sadly, we all used to do the same
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #21
Veteran

"Crying about the refs is the lament of a loser"

I've forgotten whom i'm quoting
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #22
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Meh, some of the cheating scandals were 'real,' others not so much. Deflategate was just stupid. 1.5 lb. of air pressure difference is insignificant. And they fixed it before the second half, and after that NE went on to score 24 points or whatever. So that was irrelevant.

The filming of the other team's practices (think that was NYJ?) was also kind of dumb. Who needs to film the hapless Jets practices?

At the end of the day, Brady was elite for nearly 20 years. And Bill fielded great defenses for almost that entire span, many times without HoF players. I can't fathom crying about now.
You see that was what was revealed, but evidently the stuff that wasn't disclosed was dead to rights criminal. Roger destroyed it because he didn't want any other ruling forces like incoming commissioner striping the Patriots of their titles after Goodell retires
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM   #23
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
"Crying about the refs is the lament of a loser"

I've forgotten whom i'm quoting
Chiefs fans cried about the refs for decades pre Mahomes……
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
You see that was what was revealed, but evidently the stuff that wasn't disclosed was dead to rights criminal. Roger destroyed it because he didn't want any other ruling forces like incoming commissioner striping the Patriots of their titles after Goodell retires
Destroyed it because he knew Congress would eventually come looking for it. He gave the excuse that there was film on current teams but it was clear that it was to protect the shield and Kraft. The NFL from Congress deciding that they need to be broken up and Kraft from other owners voting to force a sale.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #25
The Insider

Funny how the NFL rigged talk has stopped since Mahomes has been here....
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #26
In Search of a Life

I'm definitely guilty of bitching about the refs in the Pats era, but I damn sure never pretended all their success was due to the the refs or cheating.

That's just clown shit.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #27
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Did you not watch the playoffs last year? If KC didn’t have an elite defense there is no talk of a three peat right now.
He had one above average defense in his 3 SBs. Unlike fraud Brady, he doesn’t need it to win.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #28
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I'm definitely guilty of bitching about the refs in the Pats era, but I damn sure never pretended all their success was due to the the refs or cheating.

That's just clown shit.
https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...patriots-apart

You were saying
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #29
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
The filming of other teams' practices was definitely real. When the NFL investigated the filming of the Jets' practices, they found the Patriots had a room with film on nearly, if not every, other NFL team. The NFL ordered the Patriots to destroy all of the films without doing any investigation into how much wider the issue actually reached. Couldn't handle the scandal.

Last edited by RedinTexas; Yesterday at 11:03 PM..
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #30
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Like I said, clown shit.

The Patriots were great because they had the pre-Mahomes GOAT, and the best defensive mind in NFL history.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.