Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krab View Post
Technique > strength

In fact the term "Arm Strength" is almost a complete misnomer, it has almost nothing to do with strength of your arm at all.

True. The "most muscular" QBs often have weak arms. Brady Quinn comes to mind. Someone claimed Quinn had a "strong arm." I responded that indeed, Quinn has a strong arm in the weight room, not on the football field. Quinn vs. Dan Marino, arm wrestling and then throwing the ball...
TFG is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.TFG is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #17
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Further than Huard.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #18
Mama Tried

40-50 yds. maybe more.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
I'll be back.

Are doomy3 and Sofa King NFL quarterbacks?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krab View Post
Technique > strength

In fact the term "Arm Strength" is almost a complete misnomer, it has almost nothing to do with strength of your arm at all.
True to a degree, depending on how you define arm strength.

Are you literally just talking about the bicep/triceps?

Are are you considering the shoulder?

IMO, and from experience, strength/stability in the shoulder is 100X more important than having a huge muscles between the elbow and shoulder.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
IMO, and from experience, strength/stability in the shoulder is 100X more important than having a huge muscles between the elbow and shoulder.
lotta skinny armed kids can throw a football.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
oxymoron

I bet I could throw one a hell of a long way.

And then my arm would fall off.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly View Post
That's my point.

I was one of those skinny kids.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #24
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I bet I could throw one a hell of a long way.

And then my arm would fall off.

itd be really funny if there were stick-um on the ball.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
Take a Chill Pill

Before I injured my arm (playing baseball), I could throw a football at least 50 yards. Nowadays, I can throw the ball two or three times, but anything more makes my arm hurt like shit.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #26
oxymoron

Quote:

itd be really funny if there were stick-um on the ball.
That's why I wouldn't go straight from surfing the net to throwing the ball. I'd at least wash my hand first.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #27
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding View Post
Before I injured my arm (playing baseball), I could throw a football at least 50 yards. Nowadays, I can throw the ball two or three times, but anything more makes my arm hurt like shit.
maybe your just a weenie.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #28
I'll be back.

Quote:
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #29
Woman should only make babies

i thought i threw a baseball atleast 70 but a bunch of my friends were playing with a radar gun not long ago i threw in the 60's they didn't throw alot harder.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #30
Take a Chill Pill

Quote:
maybe your just a weenie.
Nope. I'm pretty tall and big. I used to play QB when I was in Jr. High before getting switched to Tight End in High School. Now I'm just tall and fat.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.