Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2024, 02:03 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Sigh. How the **** do I watch the Royals?

- I’m in the KC market.
- I have YoutubeTV.
- YouTubeTV does not carry the Bally sports channels.
- MLB TV pass doesn’t work because I am in the KC market, so it’s blacked out.

What the **** are my options here?

- I’m not buying an additional cable package or streaming provider. I'm fine with one-offs, just not a multi-channel duplication of what I already get with YoutubeTV.
- I’m not clicking into Ethiopian livestream every game to deal with buffering issues, boner pill pop-up ads, or having my identity stolen.

EDIT/UPDATE: For anyone in the same boat, the solution was going direct through the Bally's app.

Last edited by Dante84; 06-11-2024 at 10:59 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Soooo....you don't wanna pay for any additional service or channel.....and you don't wanna stream it illegally....

Idk, my guy. You're in a pickle here.
I should clarify: I don't want to buy another full-tilt live TV service like Cable, Hulu TV, etc...

I don't mind paying a reasonable price for a standalone service like MLBTV, but the blackouts prevent me from accessing. From what I can tell, the same is true if I buy Bally's as well.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:32 PM   #17
Keep Camp Home!

go to minsky's/ thread
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
I should clarify: I don't want to buy another full-tilt live TV service like Cable, Hulu TV, etc...

I don't mind paying a reasonable price for a standalone service like MLBTV, but the blackouts prevent me from accessing. From what I can tell, the same is true if I buy Bally's as well.
No, if you buy Bally's you are good.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 02:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
No, if you buy Bally's you are good.
Even if I'm in the KC market? Is it really that simple?
Old 06-10-2024, 02:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Even if I'm in the KC market? Is it really that simple?
Yep. I'm in KC and use the Bally's app. I think it will verify your zip code at the beginning but after that you're good.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 02:41 PM   #21
Starter

Probably more hassle than you want but as others said, MLB.tv and a vpn. I'm out of market so don't have to deal with blackouts on the Royals except when they are playing in Texas. In that case, the VPN works well if I pull the game up on the computer with the VPN (I just hook the laptop up to the tv) on. The phone/tablet still seems to be an issue in that the VPN does not prevent mlb.tv from knowing my location and will still black it out. I assume if I set the VPN up on the router itself, it would work, but for the few times a year KC is blacked out here, it's fine just hooking the laptop up to the TV.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:50 PM   #22

Okay I just signed up for this POS service; $67 bucks for a Season Pass. Let's see if it works for tonight's game... appreciate the assist if so!
Old 06-10-2024, 02:52 PM   #23

I thought about the VPN route, but I'd have to cart around my work laptop to whichever TV I am near at the given time and plug in the HDMI cable, and the whole thing.

If this Bally's thing works, I'll be pleased (while still being irritated). Insane that I have to pay for a service to watch my home market team. Why is this shit not on on one of the main goddamn channels?
Old 06-10-2024, 02:53 PM   #24
Veteran

totally worth it if you watch a good number of games
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:54 PM   #25
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I thought about the VPN route, but I'd have to cart around my work laptop to whichever TV I am near at the given time and plug in the HDMI cable, and the whole thing.

If this Bally's thing works, I'll be pleased (while still being irritated). Insane that I have to pay for a service to watch my home market team. Why is this shit not on on one of the main goddamn channels?
My friend has MLB.tv and says the VPNs stop working constantly. So they're on to that basically.

What are you running the Bally's app on? According to some of the forums it's horrible on some platforms like Samsung. Seems ok on Roku/Roku TV.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:55 PM   #26
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Whatever you do don't do an unreliable stream. Just buy Ballysports.com or Direct TV has it
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:57 PM   #27
Ultrabanned

You can ask for a shitty streaming link in every single royals thread and somebody will likely provide one

Or spend 20/month and just watch them
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:58 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:

Bally's works because it's the actual provider. Mlbtv blacks out because it's stepping on Bally's toes locally if it doesn't
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
My friend has MLB.tv and says the VPNs stop working constantly. So they're on to that basically.

What are you running the Bally's app on? According to some of the forums it's horrible on some platforms like Samsung. Seems ok on Roku/Roku TV.
I have everything on Firesticks and one Fire TV. I just loaded the app on one of the Firesticks and it seems to function, although I have yet to watch anything live. Will report back on the experience this evening.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:59 PM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
Sigh. How the **** do I watch the Royals?
With a barf bag and a suicide prevention hotline on speed dial?
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote